Old Thread, New Thread Linked in First/Last Posts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2067 replies to this topic

#1681 G3 Steve-O

G3 Steve-O

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

No offense but you opened yourself up for dissapointment when you waited till the last minute.

Family is more important. And I did not wait till the last minute as their hours on the site are wrong. Sorry I dont sit on CAG 24/7 and check out deals all day long. Much rather be with my wife and daughter, where life matters most.
"The Blackest Eyes. The Devil's Eyes."
- Dr. Loomis - Halloween

#1682 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

It's not like today was the only day for the promo. It has been going on for a while now.

#1683 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Looks like the 10/20/30% thing's going to keep going 'til 2/17, along with getting $50 extra if you trade in a Wii U/PS3/360. Don't eat me if this is old news, by the way.

I was hoping they'd do the trade 3, get an extra $10 promo again before I had to pay off my FE 3DS bundle, darn it.

#1684 Kanjishin

Kanjishin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

1/27/13
:ps3:PS3 Slim 160gb - $70 Base

Was going to get $140 in credit with double but when they added the white ps3 it auto-updated to $145, the +$75 credit towards purchase of white ps3 promo.

#1685 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

Quotes (1/26):

:360:
Far Cry 3 - $20
Top Spin 4 - $5

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#1686 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

1/27/13
:ps3:PS3 Slim 160gb - $70 Base

Was going to get $140 in credit with double but when they added the white ps3 it auto-updated to $145, the +$75 credit towards purchase of white ps3 promo.

You bought the white one? How does it look? Is it a crystal white or just bland white?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1687 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Did the double hardware credit promo end on the 27th?

#1688 Kanjishin

Kanjishin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

You bought the white one? How does it look? Is it a crystal white or just bland white?

It's just about the same white as the white DS3 but it's nice and glossy. I am incredibly fond of it, and hadn't even thought that it would come with the white controller.

Also, redeeming the code for the year of ps plus gave me the 3 additional months as well, for those interested.

#1689 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

It's just about the same white as the white DS3 but it's nice and glossy. I am incredibly fond of it, and hadn't even thought that it would come with the white controller.

Also, redeeming the code for the year of ps plus gave me the 3 additional months as well, for those interested.

how do you like the manual disc loader? does it feel cheap as it looks in videos? :cry:

#1690 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Did the double hardware credit promo end on the 27th?

Not on the website anymore unfortunately. Hopefully it comes back soon so I can dump my wii.

#1691 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Family is more important. And I did not wait till the last minute as their hours on the site are wrong. Sorry I dont sit on CAG 24/7 and check out deals all day long. Much rather be with my wife and daughter, where life matters most.

I totally understand, but the double system trade in has been going on all month. Knowing GS you're just going to get a generic sorry reply.

Seriously though sorry you got screwed, but maybe some of the base values will go back up a bit since the promo is over.

#1692 nietzsche74

nietzsche74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

Traded:

:ps3: Epic Mickey 2: $11
:ps3: Mass Effect 3: $6

#1693 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Wait there's a bonus for trading in toward the white PS3?

#1694 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

#1695 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Not on the website anymore unfortunately. Hopefully it comes back soon so I can dump my wii.

I had a crazy week and was unable to get rid of my wii and psp. Does anyone know how they are about soft modded wii's... if I delete the files I should be good right?
Posted Image

#1696 Tigershard

Tigershard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I traded in my Phat Xbox 360 last week due to the double promo. Just a warning, the clerk tried to claim my Xbox was red ringing and wanted to charge me the refurb fee. I pointed out that he had not plugged in the display cables. Nice and shady! This was at my favorite Gamestop store where I have never had issues in the past, but this was a different clerk than I usually deal with.

#1697 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Looks like they have a promotion for the white PS3 bundle. $75 credit.

#1698 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

You've got to be able to better than $16 for a used Wii, right? Even doubled to $32 Craigslist has to be the better option.
Posted Image

#1699 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

Just an FYI about the 12+3 promo that is currently active where you get 3 months free of PS+ when buying a full year. It seems as if any activation of a year of PS+ triggers the promotion automatically.

I had G-stop credit to burn after Christmas and had purchased a 1 year membership card a while back in order to re-up my PS+ account. Being as my current 30 day subscription was set to expire in a few days I thought I'd activate it today. Lo and behold, I was given the bonus 3 months after inputting the scratch off code from the 12 month card I purchased over a month ago.

The message indicating that I would by using the promotion triggered as soon as I finished putting it in. About $3.33 per month for PS+? What a great deal! Way to go Sony!
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#1700 themon

themon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

Anyone know if this works on controllers? I just can't remember.

#1701 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

The White PS3 Bundle gives a $75 trade in bonus on a PS3, 369, or WiiU. Probably going to do that tomorrow if the trade in for PS3 still is a the $70 range. I have some games to dump and about $10 in credit so I should make out well.

Edited by Algertman, 29 January 2013 - 01:45 AM.

#1702 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

You've got to be able to better than $16 for a used Wii, right? Even doubled to $32 Craigslist has to be the better option.

^^This^^
$60 wiis here are gone in hours....
I'd ask $70 for a GCube version....and advertise it as such...

heck if it's in good shape and plays GC games, I'd give ya $32 (vs GS credit) plus shipping...
LMK! ;)
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1703 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

Vita
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale - 11$

#1704 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Updated promos. WIll work on updating the TIVs tomorrow afternoon/evening.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#1705 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

The $75 for the white PS3 is good but I would love to transfer my saves from my phat PS3 to the white PS3. Damn
Posted Image

#1706 bkforyou

bkforyou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

The $75 for the white PS3 is good but I would love to transfer my saves from my phat PS3 to the white PS3. Damn

I traded in my 120GB slim ps3 today and purchased the new classic white super slim ps3 bundle. With the $75 promo, I got $145 and in total I paid ~$180 out of pocket.

Transferring your save files is actually not too bad. You can just pop in a USB stick (FAT32) and copy the saves over. I think what you should worry more about are full games or psn games since you'll have to redl them. However, if you talk to the gamestop manager, they gave me an option to purchase the white ps3 first, take it home, hook old ps3 to it with ethernet, do a full data transfer, then do the trade-in and re-tender the white ps3 with the $145 credit. He said this is an exception so I recommend you calling and talking to the gamestop manager there.

#1707 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

It's pretty easy to back up the saves so I agree with him on using a USB flash drive if you have one. I used it on my 160gb when I upgraded to a super slim on BF. However some saves cannot be put on a flash drive so I had to use the PS+ cloud feature. Not sure how that would affect someone without it. Thought it was pretty dumb I had to use it, but oh well. Downloaded it 24 hours later.

I traded in my 120GB slim ps3 today and purchased the new classic white super slim ps3 bundle. With the $75 promo, I got $145 and in total I paid ~$180 out of pocket.

Transferring your save files is actually not too bad. You can just pop in a USB stick (FAT32) and copy the saves over. I think what you should worry more about are full games or psn games since you'll have to redl them. However, if you talk to the gamestop manager, they gave me an option to purchase the white ps3 first, take it home, hook old ps3 to it with ethernet, do a full data transfer, then do the trade-in and re-tender the white ps3 with the $145 credit. He said this is an exception so I recommend you calling and talking to the gamestop manager there.

#1708 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:44 AM

CL too much of a hassle for me. I use GS for the convenience.

#1709 Kanjishin

Kanjishin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

how do you like the manual disc loader? does it feel cheap as it looks in videos? :cry:

I didn't like reading about it, but actually loved it when I was able to get my hands on the super slim. The thing I enjoy most is being able to change discs without the ps3 having power.

I don't notice it being too much noisier than my previous slims were, but I also play mostly digital content with my 500gb hard drive<3

#1710 slimklp

slimklp

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

If i want to cancel a pre-order that is fully paid off(with some on my debit card and some on Store credit), would i get the money all back on my debit card or partially back on both? I ask this because i returned some games today, that i paid with store credit and my debit card, and the associate gave me all the money back on my debit card.