Stella Deus - any deals?

KowHunta is selling them for $38 shipped (assuming he can get them). I've got a pre-order in with him but I haven't yet heard confirmation that he'll have it.

CheapyD has a coupon last week for 10% off at overstock.com. They had both Stella Deus and Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana for $44.49 I bought both and after shipping and the discount it came out to $82.88. Thanks again CheapyD.

I too am hoping for some deals out there...I haven't seen much other than the Overstock and other online deals, but I'm hoping that Fry's will have it for 39.99 like they have with the Shin Megami series. Hopefully it will be that price this weekend.

EB / Gamestop will most likely drop the price on this after a few months... just be patient.

I can't imagine this flying off the shelves, and with well known great games dropping price extremely fast, I can't see this one staying 50 forever. I remember seeing Phantom Brave for 20 bucks the other day!

But then again... Growlanser is still 50, so who knows.

As much as I want this game, anything over 30 is too steep for me... I might as well just wait until Radiata Stories comes out.

This game probably won't drop down in price any time soon Roufuss. It's very uncharacteristic of Atlus games to since they make a small batch of their games as well as almost never go on sale. The only times I know of is when it's 2 years after a generation has ended or out of th blue great sales like last year's $5 CC extravaganza sale where Disgaea was $5. Growlanser probably won't go down in price either because it's a Working Designs games and the same can be said of them as of Atlus.

Phantom Brave was published here by NIS, totally different in how they deal with their games.

[quote name='Roufuss']EB / Gamestop will most likely drop the price on this after a few months... just be patient.

I can't imagine this flying off the shelves, and with well known great games dropping price extremely fast, I can't see this one staying 50 forever. I remember seeing Phantom Brave for 20 bucks the other day!

But then again... Growlanser is still 50, so who knows.[/QUOTE]
Not all games go down in price with age, ya know. Allow me to point out SMT: Nocturne, which sells for 60+ sealed. I could go on with dozens of examples.

I mean, Panzer Dragoon Saga was once $50, too, ya know. ;)

Phantom Brave is cheaper, as it is available in plentiful quantities...

One can dream I guess, lol.

I'm still waiting on IGN and Gamespot's review before I make a decision... but the few reviews I have read made the game seem very lackluster.

Though one review did compare it to Shining Force, so that's a huge plus in my book.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']FYE sells it so if you can buy certain titles cheap and it flip it for $50+ in store credit.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it's either that or Gamestop's trade in 3 get an extra 10 dollars deal they have going on now.

Just waiting for a big review from a big name place.

I won't depend too much on a review from one of those big place. Rember what kind of scores Shadow Hearts got? Going by comments from people that played the game, it looks very good. as for store having copies, it seems most eb and gamestop only got about 2 copies, so they won't be around for long.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Indeed, I'll say it bluntly: screw IGN and Gamespot. Learn to judge games for yourselves! :D[/QUOTE]

I'm not made of money or time, so I need to make sure that every game is a ) worth the 40 or 50 dollars if it's new, and b) will be fun the entire experience, and not something i'll shelve in 5 hours.

"Learning to judge games for myself" means that if I buy it for 50, and I very much dislike an aspect of the game that IGN or Gamespot might have noted, that's bad times for me.

I don't read reviews for the scores, but rather for the review itself. Love it or hate it, IGN writes some of the most in depth reviews around, and Gamespot usually hits on ideas that they don't. Between the two of them, I can usually see if a game is something I'm interested in.

I wonder if gamespot are even going to review this.

So far everyone loves the soundtrack (you can hear them here too) and the gameplay is great. Also keep in mind this won't be the kind of games that going to be easy to find in the future. By the time you decide you want to get it, you might ended up paying $40+ for a used copy.

Also I find intersting that you are looking forward to Radiata Stories, but the review and sales for this game in japan has been that good. In the long run Radiata Stories is more likely to get a price drop than SD.

[quote name='Roufuss']

I don't read reviews for the scores, but rather for the review itself. Love it or hate it, IGN writes some of the most in depth reviews around, and Gamespot usually hits on ideas that they don't. Between the two of them, I can usually see if a game is something I'm interested in.[/QUOTE]

That's an excellent way of putting it. Alot of people on these boards get all bent out of shape if you say you reply on reviews too much. I don't really, but I'm like you. I like to read them and get insight from them. If I am even slightly interested in buying something, odds are I will buy it eventually, but reviews (not scores) help me decide which I am going to wait for a $5 CC sale and which I am going to pick up as soon as they hit $20.

Stella Dues on the other hand, is another story. I'll likely shell out $50 for this based on the fact that I don't know if it'll be around for a price drop. I picked up Digital Devil Saga based on the same theory. If it drops, oh well. It's an RPG and unless it's really bad, I'll get my money's worth out of it.

[quote name='coolieman2001']I bit the bullet and picked it up for $44.99 at Outpost.com[/QUOTE]

Good choice. Judging by the fact that there are only 2 copies for sale on eBay (barring the Buy it Now stores), I'm guessing that this will be a super-limited print. I'll have to see if I can get to Fry's today.

[quote name='Run4Fun']Good choice. Judging by the fact that there are only 2 copies for sale on eBay (barring the Buy it Now stores), I'm guessing that this will be a super-limited print. I'll have to see if I can get to Fry's today.[/QUOTE]

There's probably only two copies because it's still available in Gamestop / EB because it just came out.

Give it a few weeks, and once those copies start disappearing, and more people start talking about how they can't find it, THEN we'll see the Ebayers post up this game.

[quote name='kill3r7']Most of the stores around me don't even have this game let alone have a deal on it. GS and EB are sold out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, the local gamestop here just went OOS on it, according to the website...

I better pick it up from EB with the quickness now.

I thought this game might stick around, but at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it was sold out everywhere by the end of May.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hurray!!! Fry's picked up the slack like I thought they would and they have it for 39.99. Hurrah!![/QUOTE]

Why... why... why???? We have no Fry's here on the East Coast. I think Best Buy is getting an ego and thinking they have a monopoly on the market. They barely put anything on sale (games) anymore (like they did last year, etc.). :(

[quote name='franchise01']Why... why... why???? We have no Fry's here on the East Coast. I think Best Buy is getting an ego and thinking they have a monopoly on the market. They barely put anything on sale (games) anymore (like they did last year, etc.). :([/QUOTE]

Tell me about it.

[quote name='franchise01']Why... why... why???? We have no Fry's here on the East Coast. I think Best Buy is getting an ego and thinking they have a monopoly on the market. They barely put anything on sale (games) anymore (like they did last year, etc.). :([/QUOTE]

Well, it wouldn't matter really, because Best Buy barely ever gets games like this in.

I've seen both SMT: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga at Wal-Mart, of all places, but not Best Buy. I'm starting to think Best Buy is going to skew more towards popular games, and nothing else now.

[quote name='kill3r7']Tell me about it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... it's like each week we eagerly anticipate the new ad.... saying to ourselves, "there has GOT to be something on sale this week... just GOT to be." And then.... yet another letdown. I think the last time they had something of decent value was Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball for 19.99 back in mid-December.

I've been buying from outpost.com lately. BestBuy has made me want to puke. Fry's not only has weekly deals... but weekly deals on multiple games, multiple consoles.... and prices that aren't just good... but great... on BRAND NEW releases. (i.e. 34.99 or 36.99 on a brand new 49.99 game).

Oh... and how bout the fact that they have two ads a week... the wed-thu ad and the fri.-tue. ad. Unbelieveable.

I won't even get into the goofy employees they have in the gaming departments at the BB's here by me (Pittsburgh).

[quote name='franchise01']Yeah... it's like each week we eagerly anticipate the new ad.... saying to ourselves, "there has GOT to be something on sale this week... just GOT to be." And then.... yet another letdown. I think the last time they had something of decent value was Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball for 19.99 back in mid-December.

I've been buying from outpost.com lately. BestBuy has made me want to puke. Fry's not only has weekly deals... but weekly deals on multiple games, multiple consoles.... and prices that aren't just good... but great... on BRAND NEW releases. (i.e. 34.99 or 36.99 on a brand new 49.99 game).

Oh... and how bout the fact that they have two ads a week... the wed-thu ad and the fri.-tue. ad. Unbelieveable.

I won't even get into the goofy employees they have in the gaming departments at the BB's here by me (Pittsburgh).[/QUOTE]

Yes the deals at Fry's are just out of this world. They are unbelievable and they even will PM no matter what as long as it is a better price then theirs. They are an awesome store with great customer service. The last good deal that I got from BB was back in December when they had Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for 24.99 and then 19.99 after GGC.

[quote name='tdphillips']I went ahead and ordered online at outpost.com. I don't think I can beat $44.99 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Has anyone's Stella Deus order from overstock.com been shipped yet? I called about it last Thursday and the woman over the phone told me it would be shipping out Saturday or Monday and I still havent got an email from them.

[quote name='Msia']Has anyone's Stella Deus order from overstock.com been shipped yet? I called about it last Thursday and the woman over the phone told me it would be shipping out Saturday or Monday and I still havent got an email from them.[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't ship either. Called them last night and they said it should ship out in a day or two.

I also just picked it up today at Fry's for 39.99, also picked up Disgaea also while I was there. Any recommendations which game I should play first?

[quote name='toogood']Mine hasn't ship either. Called them last night and they said it should ship out in a day or two.[/QUOTE]
Thanks if I dont hear anything by Wednesday I'll call them up again and see what the deal is.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Target and Toys R Us are carrying this game, so there is deal potential somewhere done the road at those stores.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but it is possible that most store wont have any copies by the time they are on sale.

Kind of surprising there is still no reviews from IGN or Gamespot. Gamespot reviews are generally pretty spot on, whereas IGN's are somewhat inaccurate and their scores suffer from too much inflation the majority of times.

[quote name='62t']Maybe, but it is possible that most store wont have any copies by the time they are on sale.[/QUOTE]

Well, Target was stuck with a ton of La Pucelle's that they had to clearence out, so there's definately a possibility.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well, Target was stuck with a ton of La Pucelle's that they had to clearence out, so there's definately a possibility.[/QUOTE]

La Pucelle: published by Mastiff.
Stella: published by Atlus.

Generally speaking, you don't see tons of Atlus games sitting on shelves. All the Gamestops in my area got 3 or less copies according to the online game finder. Targets that I have been to have had none. Online, yes, but target.com carries way more games than B&M stores. I say if your Target has some in stock, keep an eye on it. If there's lots of copies and it's not selling, you may see a clearance. The better chance is TRU will have a B2G1 sale, but there's no guarantee of that any time soon.

[quote name='Msia']Thanks if I dont hear anything by Wednesday I'll call them up again and see what the deal is.[/QUOTE]

Got my Overstock shipping not. today, so check your account on Overstock...

If you remember, this is an Atlus game. Atlus ships their games in limited supply, so if EB or Gamestop does lower the price down the road, to maybe get rid of 1-2 copies, it may not be available. I just paid full price, and it was well worth it.

I didn't see any in Target (was looking for Burnout 3) so I got it for free at Gamestop by trading in four Xbox games (featuring such junk as Outlaw Volleyball and True Crime).

Got the last copy they had, and I think that's the last copy in any Gamestop in my area. Also snagged the last copy of King of Fighters 2002 / 2003.

[quote name='Starky27']Got my Overstock shipping not. today, so check your account on Overstock...[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped out as well.

bread's done
Back