Newegg 48 hour Early Bird Specials: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (360) $9.99

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

When I see an HDMI cable for $2.50 it makes me laugh it up at those who pay $20 and up.

I recall when I bought my PS3 on release d a BB rep recommended a official Sony HDMI for best 'clarity' for only $50. Used to be funny back in 2006, but I figured even the average consumer would know the going rate for HDMI's nowadays.

#32 GTZ_NSR

GTZ_NSR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I'd be all over the PS3 version. Too bad :(

BTW, the LE version of Castlevania is at $34 if anyone is interested: http://www.newegg.co...=9SIA0ZG0FU7955

#33 karamsoul

karamsoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Not really.

http://www.lensoftru...ords-of-shadow/

27.27 fps on PS3; 26.85 fps on 360. Functionally identical.

I've played both versions. Bought the 360 first and the effects were noticeable. PS3 version is much better when you actually play it. CAG's honor. :)

I'm kind of a big deal...

#34 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

Is star ocean worth $16?

#35 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:33 PM

I recall when I bought my PS3 on release d a BB rep recommended a official Sony HDMI for best 'clarity' for only $50. Used to be funny back in 2006, but I figured even the average consumer would know the going rate for HDMI's nowadays.

I know they always pull that crap with me and I'm like NOOPE!!!!!!!! I got mine from newegg for around that $2 range and best cable I ever bought!!!!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#36 prmtyme

prmtyme

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

I'm still waiting on $10 Castlevania for PS3 :(

me too just got a ps3
Lets be Friends!!

PSN: prmtyme

#37 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

that Star Ocean price is tempting...anyone ever seen it lower?

Slick deal search shows its been 1$ cheaper at Newegg in the past.

#38 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

When I see an HDMI cable for $2.50 it makes me laugh it up at those who pay $20 and up.

I think...hmm, five times now I've ordered a set of five HDMI cables from Newegg when they offer a 50% off coupon code for up to five of them, then I trade them in to Gamestop (though I space them out) for $4.40 each.

It's nice to consistently get ~$7.25 -> $22 GS credit. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#39 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

I played through Castlevania LOS on the 360 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't notice any horrible slowdowns. I would have preferred it on the ps3 but I couldn't find a copy.

It's a very good game but I'm more of a traditionalist with the story...I'm not too keen on how they reboot the characters or whip.

Another game that went under the radar in the same genre that I liked a lot was Dante's Inferno.

#40 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

I think...hmm, five times now I've ordered a set of five HDMI cables from Newegg when they offer a 50% off coupon code for up to five of them, then I trade them in to Gamestop (though I space them out) for $4.40 each.

It's nice to consistently get ~$7.25 -> $22 GS credit. :)

Why would they accept HDMI cables for trade in?
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#41 VidPower

VidPower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks OP. Picked up Castlevania to add to my impossible backlog. Such a first world problem that I have.
Don't drink and drive. You might spill the beer.

#42 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

that Star Ocean price is tempting...anyone ever seen it lower?

$16 is the cheapest I've seen Star Ocean. I normally see it for $35 used. It was $18 last month on Newegg so I jumped on it. :bouncy:

#43 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

$16 is the cheapest I've seen Star Ocean. I normally see it for $35 used. It was $18 last month on Newegg so I jumped on it. :bouncy:

I'm gonna hold off on it since I still haven't play any Star Ocean series. I can confirmed with the previous poster that said that the lowest it dropped to was $15 from newegg as well.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#44 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

So.... Star Ocean or Tales of Vesperia?

#45 DojimaDragon

DojimaDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I would take tales of vesperia over star ocean. Tales of vesperia is just an awesome JRPG. Combat is fun, and the story is interesting enough to make you want to finish the game. I played star ocean like 2 years ago, and maybe played about 8 hours of it. And from what i played, the game just pretty much dragged for me imo. I mean who knows, maybe it got better as the game progressed, but i don't know, guess it just didn't have enough to keep my interest.

#46 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I like Vesperia better, but I love both games. I think if you are an RPG nut, both are needed for your collection.

#47 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

I like Vesperia better, but I love both games. I think if you are an RPG nut, both are needed for your collection.

I'm already getting Castlevania as well so I only want to get one, I'd get both if I could but I don't want to go overboard with spending.

#48 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

Then I'd get Tales unless you are a SO fanatic.

#49 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

Thanks for the advice. Picked up Castlevania and Vesperia for $25.98 total with free shipping.

#50 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:09 AM

Can't decide whether to bite on AC brotherhood. Amazon has no stock so I doubt a bf deal there. Best buy likes to do random drops through Monday though...

#51 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:14 AM

The worst J-RPG this generation or the best one? Hmm, what a choice.

Edit: Looks like you chose correctly. Good job.

#52 Manifest95

Manifest95

Every Dollar Counts!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

I just finished up Castlevania LoS last week and got through the DLC this weekend. I can't recommend it enough if you are a fan of the series, but like someone else pointed out it oddly does feel TOO long. I think the problem was that even though the score was fantastic, the same background songs do repeat through the levels and it gets tiring. For those that are not completionist, don't worry about the DLC. The first pack expands the story shortly but is only 3 levels, with mostly puzzles. The second pack is basically just the same boss fight on only 2 levels and was a complete waste of money.

Very tempted at getting Dead Rising 2: OTR but have been waiting for it to drop lower. Never seen it happen yet though.
Posted Image

#53 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Vesperia is the best JRPG this generation. Star Ocean is a terrible game and not worth your time. The acting on ToV is good. The acting on Star Ocean makes you cringe. The protagonist in ToV is badass. The protagonist in Star Ocean is the stereotypical JRPG moody whinny crybaby (not as bad as the guy in the last remnant though). Gameplay seems similar but IMO Star Ocean got really fucking annoying and encounters in some areas are too high. Star Ocean has some really nice space battle cut scenes reminiscent of xenosaga but those cut scenes are just not worth playing it for. vesperia had far fewer cut scenes but those that they have are really impressive. Star Ocean has WAY too many super long dungeons that drag on for fucking ever.

Not really relevant but stupid - you go through space ships that are 99% corridors and 1% functional space. Obviously designed this way to increase the length of the dungeons and force you to fight more battles. No one in their right mind would have all these fucking corridors that need to have life support functions in a spaceship.