Photo
- - - - -

DeepDiscount Anime BF/Cyber Week Sale (up to 63% off select S23/Sentai titles,...)

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#91 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

OK, they've already charged me for my two orders (even though half the items are backordered) but there's an additional "Reversal" charge that equals two of my back ordered items. Does anyone know what he hell that is?

#92 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

Well hopefully DD hasn't gone back to their old tactics and just flat out cancel orders again, lol.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#93 DRevan

DRevan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

OMG, got response from DD customer support!!

They can not cancel Infinite Stratos (in the order where coupon was not used) because it already shipped (lol, like it's my fault that they didn't read their mails for almost 3 days and shipped the item instead), but they canceled Clannad After Story...50% success.

#94 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:43 PM

Well, my Origins: Spirits of the Past and Broken Blade both shipped already. I'm well pleased with getting those two for $31 total =D

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#95 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

OMG, got response from DD customer support!!

They can not cancel Infinite Stratos (in the order where coupon was not used) because it already shipped (lol, like it's my fault that they didn't read their mails for almost 3 days and shipped the item instead), but they canceled Clannad After Story...50% success.

I think you just picked a really bad time to email them with Thanksgiving and what not literally the following day, so to pile on to DD's horrible CS you also get that extra delay. Everything was working against you. ;D

#96 excellen

excellen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

There is also an inherent risk of waiting when you order from DeepDiscount. They're pretty good nowadays about fulfilling stock as opposed to previous years where they not only make you wait but also cancels it in the end. So you will probably get your items shipped at some point, but you will have to be patient because we are talking about weeks to months here, so strap yourself in for the ride. And as others have noted their experience with trying to deal with customer service is also a disaster, so at this point your best option is really just to wait, lol. Happy Holidays!

:D

:(

Alright that's not a problem I guess since I'm not buying it as a gift. Waited 4 months since it came out for a price drop, another few aren't going to kill me.

Really wish TC edited the OP with the coupon code though, didn't know it existed until after I placed the order since it was just hanging out in the middle of the thread.

#97 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

It wasn't mentioned in here, but The Legend of Heroes blu-ray series is also on sale for $20. I made a new account and ordered one other item, so I could get free shipping and use the $5 off code again =P

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#98 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

OK, they've already charged me for my two orders (even though half the items are backordered) but there's an additional "Reversal" charge that equals two of my back ordered items. Does anyone know what he hell that is?

Don't worry. It's fine. They charge you when your item ships but when you place the order, their system automatically puts a hold on your card for the entire amount. The hold is released within a couple of days. For some reason they release the hold by reversing the hold. Haha That sounds crazy but they are weird like that.

My account example: I placed an order for about $226 dollars. Immediately they put a hold on my card for $226. The next day, a reversal was put on for $226 and they charged me $120 for the items that have shipped. The remaining $106 has not been charged to my card yet.

#99 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

Apparantly, my order triggered my CCs' fraud detection. Confirmed they were valid, and ordered finally.

Ended up getting Clannad+AS, Broken Blade, Dream Eater Merry, World God Only Knows S2, and Ninja Scroll. Would have bought more, but I figured the rest I can wait on. Since I'll probably still spend money on Righstuf.

#100 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

It wasn't mentioned in here, but The Legend of Heroes blu-ray series is also on sale for $20.

Just a note for people who are interested it is not a full length series, and it only totals about 81 minutes long, parts of which are from a previous special released I believe, so you may be disappointed if you thought it would be a full blown series.

#101 DRevan

DRevan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Got this response from them: "Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled or changed once they are placed."

Haha, they are funny people.

#102 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Got this response from them: "Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled or changed once they are placed."

Haha, they are funny people.

This is too little, too late but you should have just called them. They are very easy to deal with over the phone. However, their telephone number is not available on their website which is ridiculous so I don't blame you if you weren't aware you could call.

#103 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

Found a way to prevent myself from making any new orders - gave my wife a list of five titles I was considering ordering that she could possibly get me for Christmas from the sale. Now I won't order any because I don't want to chance getting a duplicate.

#104 DRevan

DRevan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

This is too little, too late but you should have just called them. They are very easy to deal with over the phone. However, their telephone number is not available on their website which is ridiculous so I don't blame you if you weren't aware you could call.

Yea, only email is available :(

Just to be safe, could you give the phone number?

update: My dear God, they canceled my Clannad After Story order alright, but they even canceled the one I did not ask them to do, so they shipped 2x Infinite Stratos Blu-Ray and canceled both Clannad After Story Blu-Rays :D

#105 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

update: My dear God, they canceled my Clannad After Story order alright, but they even canceled the one I did not ask them to do, so they shipped 2x Infinite Stratos Blu-Ray and canceled both Clannad After Story Blu-Rays :D

Lesson here are, only deal with DD if you DON'T deal with customer service, canceling orders will only give you headaches, and patience is a must have...a lot of patience... :*(

#106 evilomar

evilomar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

Lesson here are, only deal with DD if you DON'T deal with customer service, canceling orders will only give you headaches, and patience is a must have...a lot of patience... :*(

I think the better lesson most people can learn as most of us have stated earlier: just don't do business with deepdiscount.
www.aboutheroes.com Best comicbook podcast ever!!!

#107 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

Haha it's like comedy of errors with your situation. I know it's annoying but at least it seems you're not too angry about it and actually think it's a little funny. :)

Here is their telephone number and hours of operation:

Monday thru Friday: 8am - 7pm (Central Standard Time)
Saturday: 9am - 5pm (Central Standard Time)

1-800-264-5076

Again, they are actually very pleasant to deal with on the phone. The problem arises when you try to e-mail them.

-----------------
Here's a funny thing they did to me. I placed a pre-order for Breakfast at Tiffany's blu-ray and then they released a five dollar coupon. So, like you, I placed a second order and attempted to cancel the first one but their website said that it was already processing so I could not cancel it.

Now just a small backstory on my addresses: Sometimes I'll ship stuff to my brother's house (two houses down from me) because I'm always at work during delivery hours and his wife can grab packages for me. But on this occassion, I had my billing and shipping address for Breakfast at Tiffany's as my own home address. On with the story...

So I called them up and the guy on the phone said "Wait, if this is a pre-order why does the website say it's already processing for shipping?" and I said "Sir, you got me. I was going to ask you that." The guy was cool and cancelled the first order with no problem.

I check my order status on the website and sure enough, my first order is cancelled and my second order is fine. Billing and shipping address is my house. When Breakfast at Tiffany's is released, the shipping label has my brother's address! Not a big deal but I thought that was just so weird. I triple checked my invoice online and my brother's address is not on my order.

Oh, Deep Discount, you guys kill me. But I still shop there because they have some damn good deals all the time.

#108 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

Only reason I order from DD is things like this:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309139

Rock bottom prices, great sale last year. Really makes this year disappointing. Tears to Tiara (DVD) was $17 cheaper, for example.

#109 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

O.O Man, I wish I had visited this site last year...

#110 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:32 AM

Only reason I order from DD is things like this:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=309139

Rock bottom prices, great sale last year. Really makes this year disappointing. Tears to Tiara (DVD) was $17 cheaper, for example.

I remember that sale. I purchased about fifteen of those sets and received all but two: Divergence Eve: Seraphim Collection and Kiba Complete Collection. No big deal since I got such a steal on all the other sets I ordered.

I love DeepDiscount. They always come through for me.

#111 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

As expected, the Black Friday sale is extended under Cyber Week: http://www.deepdisco...cyber-week-2012

Sale ends on December 2nd. From quick glance the prices look to be same/similar.

Needless to say, it will be a good idea to do some price comparisons throughout this week with RightStuf.com.

#112 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Anybody ordering now though better be ready to do some waiting, because mostly everything worth picking up is on backorder now, but as long as you're patient it is still a great deal, but for most that's a big if...

#113 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Yay. My package's tracking number is indicating that my package is somewhere out for delivery in another town about 10 miles away in Long Island. I'm in Queens. Haha how does that happen? I hope it works out somehow. :)

#114 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

just got maid sama in the mail

#115 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

just got maid sama in the mail

I wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#116 zeke222

zeke222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

I wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama

wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama and Waiting in the Summer

#117 starkillr

starkillr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama and Waiting in the Summer

2nd that.

#118 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

So, I ordered Needless CC, Lyon Flare Parts 1 and 2, and Night Raid from DD yesterday. It has been shipped already.

Yet I am still waiting for my High School of the Dead and Demon King Daimao...

#119 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

So, I ordered Needless CC, Lyon Flare Parts 1 and 2, and Night Raid from DD yesterday. It has been shipped already.

Yet I am still waiting for my High School of the Dead and Demon King Daimao...

Popularity difference. HotD would of course be one of those backordered. ;D

And I was waiting for somebody to actually admit they picked up Lyon Flare, so good job. :applause:

#120 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

And I was waiting for somebody to actually admit they picked up Lyon Flare, so good job. :applause:

Eh, I have seen (and owned) pervier stuff, so no biggie. And more than likely I will sell it on eBay after watching it like I will most of the stuff from this sale (and most of my Black Friday purchases, to be honest).