Photo
- - - - -

Wii remotes won't work

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I've got a launch Wii with wiimotes just as old and they lights won't light up and it won't turn the system on. I've tried replacing the batteries and that doesn''t do any good. I've called Nintendo and their answer is to replace the Wii motes.

Any ideas?
Posted Image

#2 hack

hack

shadow of the day.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

No lights at all? If you press A, do any lights show up, even briefly?

I would try new batteries again, new batteries that you are sure are new. If pressing A makes the controller light up briefly, it should give an indication as to how much battery life is left. I would then re-sync them to your console to make sure they know your Wii exists (and vice versa).

Try different Wii Remotes as well?
prjkthack
Twitter / YouTube

#3 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

If the Remotes aren't powering on, then yes it sounds like you need new ones.

#4 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:37 PM

You also have to turn on the game pad first before the WiiU will recognize Wii Remotes.

#5 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I thought only motion plus controllers were comparable with the wii u? You need to buy the add on or new controllers. TRU has flingsmash bundles for $25 and you can buy two and get the second for 40% off.

#6 DerekVinyard

DerekVinyard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

OP is talking about the original wii...i think.

#7 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

I thought only motion plus controllers were comparable with the wii u? You need to buy the add on or new controllers.

You can use the original Wii remotes on some of the games in Nintendo Land while others require the motion plus.

#8 2DMention

2DMention

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Both Wii motes work. I just had to give them fresh batteries. I thought I switched batteries in them before too. ?

I still can't get my Nyko 'motes to work. :\
Posted Image