Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Deal is on! Get your orders in!

Thanks!

#33 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

The Witcher 2-Ehanced edition is $19.99 too. http://www.ebgames.c...-edition/312372

I picked up Dead Island, Lego Batman 2, Saints Row the 3rd, The Witcher 2, NHL Slap Shot, $50 itunes card and found a used copy of Professor Layton-The Last Spector for $20.
Posted Image

#34 Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

Ugh I just got home and now I will head back out for The Witcher.

Nice, got a non gutted one with the guide and everything. Worth It!

Edited by Zeitgeist, 22 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#35 Icetron

Icetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

Mortal Kombat (regular) is only $14.99 now and Komplete is $19.99 also.

#36 saikisen

saikisen

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Futureshop has some good deals as well. Sleeping Dogs is $30 over at FS. A few other spotters as well.

#37 gaboumafou

gaboumafou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

In their newsletter/spam they just sent, they mention "Web exclusive offers starting friday". I'll try not to buy too many games today, just in case they get better deals starting tomorrow...!

#38 Norieaga

Norieaga

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Question for y'all: I used to order from EB Games with no issues. My info was saved on my account. Now, I moved to the UK temporarily but would like to place the order online. I keep getting the message that my CC info is incorrect. Would it have anything to do with the fact that I'm overseas? My CC works fine, just not with them.

I reallllllllly don't wanna miss out!!!

#39 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:51 PM

Ugh just had the worst experience ever at Scarborough Town Center EB. I walk up to the counter and both employees blatantly ignore me, I guess what was on their phone was much more interesting and worthwhile than serving the customer. I said excuse me and asked for Devil May Cry HD Collection and the response I got was "Oh the sale starts tomorrow". I was in a hurry so I left and decided to call them from outside the store to ask when the sale starts and the response I got was "today".

Absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the employees and the blatant lying to me face. Is there any way I can complain to head office or a district manager?

#40 TeaBisquit

TeaBisquit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

angry birds for 20 awesome!

:/

#41 VetraX

VetraX

In-game moralist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:51 PM

Ugh just had the worst experience ever at Scarborough Town Center EB. I walk up to the counter and both employees blatantly ignore me, I guess what was on their phone was much more interesting and worthwhile than serving the customer. I said excuse me and asked for Devil May Cry HD Collection and the response I got was "Oh the sale starts tomorrow". I was in a hurry so I left and decided to call them from outside the store to ask when the sale starts and the response I got was "today".

Absolutely disgusted with the behavior of the employees and the blatant lying to me face. Is there any way I can complain to head office or a district manager?

Interesting. I'd have gone back in, yelled hey! and kick over whichever rack was nearest me, before throwing up a pair of Johnny Cash's.

#42 tmlfan2529

tmlfan2529

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:52 PM

don`t they usually have like tons of signs advertising the sale and when they start....but other then that i don't think they really give two crap about what their employees do...EB games actually has horrible service

#43 materialz

materialz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

I just got back, stopped there after work and picked up Sleeping Dogs, Arkham City GOTY, AC Revelations and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

I was the only person in the store, lol. Never had bad service at the EB games around here before.

#44 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

I'm sure they weren't lying to you, just uninformed. That is poor customer service, though, to not give you their fullest attention. The best thing to do (better than contacting customer service) is to let the store manager know of the experience; they care the most and have the most power to prevent it from happening again.

#45 Variation

Variation

The Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:40 AM

Just contact their head office through the website, because then it trickles down to the district manager and the store manager so everyone is aware of the problem.

#46 feelgoodinc

feelgoodinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I second the motion of trashing the store.

#47 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

I'm sure they weren't lying to you, just uninformed.

It sounds like he got the correct answer from the same people when he called them from outside.

I didn't even go to EB, I just went right to Best Buy and price matched.

#48 gaboumafou

gaboumafou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Argh, too slow. The Witcher 2 is already sold-out online. I'll see if I can get it in store tonight...

(Are store really crowded on Black Friday in Canada? I always ordered online to avoid crowd...)

#49 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

Maybe it was busy at opening at EB, I heard some stuff soldout then. But when I wandered in yesterday afternoon to grab The Witcher 2 I was the only guy in the store. But that was a non-mall location, those are always better, and most of these deals are just kinda warm.

Stuff like Walmart and Bestbuy should be avoided though. I'm sure there are millions of stupids in there buying full priced TVs.
Posted Image

#50 QuagsireQing

QuagsireQing

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:04 PM

Are store really crowded on Black Friday in Canada?

Not even a little bit. The only added business will be from the first Christmas shoppers and Friday shoppers who just got their paychecks. The Black Friday bit barely adds any traffic at all.

#51 Chilly Chill

Chilly Chill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

I picked up The Witcher 2 Enhanced Editon $19.99, also heard that Prototype 2 is $9.99 (online only)
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:360:
MGS HD Collection, Mass Effect 3

#52 CoachHines

CoachHines

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

Well I just got a call from head office or district manager or whoever it was. Gave her a piece of my mind, she goes we hope you shop with us again lol.

I've worked at many retail stores including that very same EB location so the employees behavior was unacceptable. Do you know what the lady told me on the phone? "Some of our employees aren't up to date on the promotions" really then who should? The customer? Because that's not how it works.

#53 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

Not even a little bit. The only added business will be from the first Christmas shoppers and Friday shoppers who just got their paychecks. The Black Friday bit barely adds any traffic at all.

Huh? I've seen the Walmarts and BestBuys packed when I've wandered out before. Not close to anything US stores see, or even Boxing Day packed. But certainly not worth your time.
Posted Image

#54 tmlfan2529

tmlfan2529

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

Canadians can get pretty crazy during sales too...usually our sales just suck or nothing good is amazingly cheap during boxing day...i remember when i was around 14 I went to Square One during boxing day and it was packed than this one store had the great idea to announce that they were having a "30 min super sale" or something where everything in the store was 3 for 1...holy crap...the hoard of shoppers that ran to the store was like watching the scene in Lion King where simba was stuck in the stampede...the funny thing was that the store didn't even have great items...I just remember a lot of people pushing and trying to rush in..i'm pretty sure i saw a few elbows fly LOL

#55 Khalid

Khalid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Witcher 2 is back in stock online.

#56 wrathchild

wrathchild

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

picked up prince of persia hd collection, splinter cell hd collection, dmc collection and dishonored. money well spent
Posted Image

#57 bdavid81

bdavid81

PS4 Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

It's the likelihood of this happening at EB Games that made me walk into Best Buy on Friday, grabbed Devil May Cry HD & MGS HD, walked up to cash and said I'd like to pricematch this please.... they glanced the prices on my phone, and done. $18 each. Thank you Best Buy.

#58 denpanosekai

denpanosekai

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

It turns out that the Dead Island edition on sale for 10$ is the "Greatest Hits", which has the same extra content as the GOTY.

That's what I noticed in-store, but online they're showing it as the regular non-GOTY/GH edition. So who knows really.

#59 JGonspy

JGonspy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

It turns out that the Dead Island edition on sale for 10$ is the "Greatest Hits", which has the same extra content as the GOTY.

That's what I noticed in-store, but online they're showing it as the regular non-GOTY/GH edition. So who knows really.

This didn't seem to be the case with the 360 version I saw in the store, so maybe they don't want to make it look like one console is getting a better deal?

Or it's just incompetence. Yeah, that's probably more likely.

#60 gaboumafou

gaboumafou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:23 PM

Argh, I'm too slow yet again. The PS3 version of the Devil May Cry Collection is back to 40$ online. I thought the deal was supposed to last until tomorrow?

Do you know if they will honor the 20$ price if I go to a store tonight, or it's too late?