Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#931 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Sony 3D Display back in stock!!

Keeping my fingers crossed. .:pray: If I decide to keep it, I'll definitely pick up the BB warranty.

Got that funky tax calculator error we were getting on the Monday sale. However, my orders that day still went through.

#932 pigeon12

pigeon12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

Purchased the 3d display with 2 year Geek Squad plan. Was that necessary to purchase it? (was 15 bucks). Since I heard of faulty units...

#933 T2_Twinz

T2_Twinz

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

The 3D display is back in stock! Just placed my order with 4 yrs protection plan! :)

#934 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Purchased the 3d display with 2 year Geek Squad plan. Was that necessary to purchase it? (was 15 bucks). Since I heard of faulty units...

I got the 4 year for $19.99 ($5 more).

From what I've heard, this is practically a requirement, though the Geek Squad plan is not as good as the Squaretrade warranty ... the issue being that if you get it replaced through Geek Squad, you need to buy a new warranty. The warranty is only good for the unit you purchased.

#935 SkankButta

SkankButta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

picked up a 3d display.. :)

SheepMangler.png

#936 digital ink

digital ink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I got the 4 year for $19.99 ($5 more).

From what I've heard, this is practically a requirement, though the Geek Squad plan is not as good as the Squaretrade warranty ... the issue being that if you get it replaced through Geek Squad, you need to buy a new warranty. The warranty is only good for the unit you purchased.

can you add protection plans after you order? i was my concerned about placing the order before they went out of stock again and didn't add a protection plan.

#937 bjkrautk

bjkrautk

Now with Added Sarcasm.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

3d display sold out again.

(I had it in my cart, too.)

#938 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

can you add protection plans after you order? i was my concerned about placing the order before they went out of stock again and didn't add a protection plan.

Yeah you would need to do it at customer service.

#939 born2kill

born2kill

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Weird question:

i want to get the Toshiba LED tv, (which bestbuy changed to instore only). Does anyone know/think i can buy it in the store & have them hold the item until the next day?(ala store pickup) Because i dont want to get robbed carrying a new tv home after midnight (i live in downtown new york)

#940 Sendoh

Sendoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

dam sold out again

#941 hwmusic

hwmusic

Bloodrocuted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

saints row the third (Full package) 24.99. not bad. just came out
Wait now, what did they say
about the human body and proportions of things?
Blood is an energy conductor.
I am full of that all I need is an outlet.
----Dethklok

#942 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

I wonder if these displays will drop a lot lower than $100 before becoming unavailable. People were saying that Sony made a ton of these, and it received negative publicity because of the high defect rate.

#943 alexkidd4

alexkidd4

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

I would like an answer to this too!

#944 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:55 PM

100% absolutely...after my horror story with this set, i felt compelled to throw in my 2 cents.

the warranty is def necessary for the display, mine broke in under a week, 6 days from opening it, and all ive read are countless and endless complaints, theres like a 50 page thread of people doing 3+ returns/sony replacements. a friend is on his third, which hasnt broken yet, but were waiting

its not reliable in terms of longevity or even working out of the box, its maybe, slightly, possibly, (barely) worth it for $100, but would bet more then 50% any set is a lemon, on its way to breaking or about to break.

i was so annoyed it broke cuz it was my bday gift, but at the same time im glad it broke fast cuz i was able to return it

i passed and recommend passing, but if u do get it, get a warranty, but its really a waste, ur paying for what u get, id rather spend double or triple and get a good quality monitor honestly (instead of wasting money on a headache and warranty)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING BTW!!

#945 mattcube64

mattcube64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

I got called an idiot - by multiple people on this forum - when I said the 3D displays would drop below $200 within a year. I "didn't understand elementary economics" apparently.

Yeah... I want really bad to go through my post history and quote those people now.

Congrats to all those snagging them! :)

You should have went back and waved it in that chick's face.....and, waved the cash in her face, too!

I came here b/c I was sick of low trade-in prices.

#946 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I got called an idiot - by multiple people on this forum - when I said the 3D displays would drop below $200 within a year. I "didn't understand elementary economics" apparently.

Yeah... I want really bad to go through my post history and quote those people now.

Congrats to all those snagging them! :)

i think its because it is/was hard to beleive sony would actually make, release, and continue to sell a defective/faulty recall item...i actually cant beleive they are still selling them, but if you ownED one, you definitely can beleive they would hit $100 (and probably less after christmas)

#947 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

so the display aint coming back in stock right? happy thanksgiving

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#948 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

!wow I think I'm biting the 3d display. $100 bucks yeaa
Posted Image

#949 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:11 PM

so the display aint coming back in stock right? happy thanksgiving

aww really!?! killed my hopes :( lol
Posted Image

#950 xj_sky

xj_sky

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

i honestly only care about the actual picture quality of the 3d ps display and have read it's stunning, almost too good.

no-brainer at $107 shipped. ordered.

still looking for an in-depth analysis just for curiosity's sake.

#951 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

My 3D Display and Sharpshooter have shipped (well, i got emails telling me they are shipped).

#952 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:16 PM

no-brainer at $107 shipped. ordered.

How did you order it? showing as OOS for me

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#953 clawfrombelow

clawfrombelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

How many people that bought the 3D display right when it went live have had it shipped already? I know I was one of the initial orders because I was a refreshaholic. My issues is that I'm seeing all of these have shipped from various posts, and I'm a Premier Silver member with the free expedited shipping and it still just says Order in Process...I'm not sure if I should be pissed off yet or not.

#954 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

no need for depth really man, its quite black and white:
1) if the display works, its a great picture, like top of the line/high end quality
2) WHEN the display breaks, its as good as a paperweight

#955 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Meh, missed it. Had $50 worth of Certificates too.

#956 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

The 3d tv and Saints row shipped for me.

#957 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

Great post, thanks DAVE!!!!!!!!!

#958 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

How many people that bought the 3D display right when it went live have had it shipped already? I know I was one of the initial orders because I was a refreshaholic. My issues is that I'm seeing all of these have shipped from various posts, and I'm a Premier Silver member with the free expedited shipping and it still just says Order in Process...I'm not sure if I should be pissed off yet or not.

I got an email about 5 hours ago that it shipped. I'm not a special member or anything... But yeah, I bought it *right* when it went live. I was refreshing shit pretty often.

#959 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

3D display live again and I snagged one!!
Posted Image

#960 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 04:55 PM

Display Bundle is back up. I actually only had $35 in Certificates, but I'm not complaining. $65 is more than a great deal.