Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1171 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

Just got my TV.. shipped in absolutely nothing, they just slapped the shipping label and baggie with receipt on the side. After some initial fumbling around with it (and a mislabeled 3D disc) seems to be working fine. Display is gorgeous... now to just hope it's reliable enough..!

Damn I wish they would've gotten me my extra glasses tonight so I could show it off to anyone and have movie night. ;) I'm tempted to brave the crowds and see if my local BB has any glasses but they're not available for store pickup and I can't figure out how to bend the stock locator to my will. ;)

#1172 vonhizzle

vonhizzle

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

Damn saw store pickup available for my local store, decided to just go rather than order online. Apparently they were sold out since early this morning and by the time I got back it was sold out online lol. Stupid me. Any chance these will come back in stock online again?

edit: talking about the 3d displays.

#1173 atomsk44

atomsk44

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Any luck? I never got an email but checking on the website it said to call customer service

I've been on hold for an hour and a half.

Wondering if they even have anyone in the call center today.
attackslug.com

#1174 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

That's irresponsible to ship it in nothing. What if it was pouring rain when they delivered it and you weren't home? Would they let it sit on your front step in the rain?

#1175 kyo27

kyo27

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

That's irresponsible to ship it in nothing. What if it was pouring rain when they delivered it and you weren't home? Would they let it sit on your front step in the rain?

It's pretty common for them to ship large boxes that way. If its raining, they usually have it in a plastic bag.

#1176 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

My local store had them showing in stock. Couldn't decide... Went back later and now it's out there, but another has stock... But I realized that I don't even have a Blu-Ray player since I sold my PS3... Fuck it. I'm gonna trade my BB credit for Visa gift cards and buy somethign from Guitar Center or Musician's Friend for myself :)

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Forza 5

WANTED: :xb1: Madden 15 MUT pack codes! PM with offers!

#1177 scarhawk

scarhawk

Really CHEAP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

Don't forget to use cashback when ordering instore pickup. CB sites like the one in my sig are giving nice CB percentages like over 5% for Best Buy. Pretty much nullifies tax in conjunction with the Rewardzone bonuses.
http://home.bigcrumbs.com/nobody
Get a ton of cashback just for ordering stuff online. Click link to signup! It's super quick money straight to your Paypal! No minimum cashout fee
Current money earned from cashback: $88

#1178 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

Has anyone who ordered the display last night when it came back in stock gotten a shipment confirmation? I got an order confirmation but nothing else. Worried I could have just farted into a BB this morning and got it instead of letting bb.com screw around with it and it gets canceled anyway.

#1179 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:25 PM

PS 3D TV, Dishonored and 3 mos XBL that I order Wednesday night was just delivered by UPS.

#1180 PS393

PS393

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

I only have it at about 20. Everything just sounds like a loud distorted crackle, you can't make any audio out but crackling basically.

Had the same issue, movies sounded fine but games horrible. I was freaking out for a little bit until I figured it out.

Go into Display Settings, then set your HDMI sound input to automatic, fixes it immediately, not sure how this isn't a default? Either way, hope that helps...

#1181 fgr1985

fgr1985

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

I've been on hold for an hour and a half.

Wondering if they even have anyone in the call center today.

When i called I was on hold for like 10 minutes then a guy told me to call back in an hour while their system was updating...

#1182 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:00 PM

Finally decided to order LBPK, since it looks so fun to pass up and I had been waiting to get it.

#1183 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

When i called I was on hold for like 10 minutes then a guy told me to call back in an hour while their system was updating...

I put my phone on speaker and stayed on hold for an hour concerning a different order before hanging up.

#1184 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

Want that shipping confirmation! Ohwell., just hope it doesnt get canceled, hows the regular shipping speed? Anyone had experience with bb shipping b4?

#1185 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:43 PM

The copy of LBPK I ordered when the deal went live just got here via UPS. That Free Expedited shipping for Silver members is fucking awesome.

#1186 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

The copy of LBPK I ordered when the deal went live just got here via UPS. That Free Expedited shipping for Silver members is fucking awesome.

Gotta agree-- there were some glitches, but in general Best Buy is bringing their A game this year. So far I've gotten almost everything I ordered from Best Buy this week already (including late Wednesday night) whereas Amazon's kind of stumbling around and shipping here and there (as a Prime member) with most stuff set to arrive Monday or Tuesday. Normally that'd be great from Amazon but with Best Buy having things arriving so fast they're looking a bit weak in comparison.

Shockingly good service from Best Buy.

#1187 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

Just got my stuff from 11/22 order. LOL, that was fast.

#1188 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:54 PM

I got the your items have shipped e-mail wensday night but ups tracking still show that they haven't been picked up yet. Lame! I ordered with expedited shipping too

#1189 Olympus

Olympus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

I'm actually not getting most of my Amazon stuff ordered today and tomorrow until next Wednesday, despite being a prime member.

#1190 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:08 AM

I'm concerned about the PS3 displays being shipped in plastic. Did anyone have theirs arrive damaged or broken? I assume there's some foam or padding in the actual box itself to prevent damage, but...jeez, Best Buy.

#1191 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hmmmm, anyone know if this might be a problem with my friend's order. He ordered the display plus 4 year warranty. He didn't activate it yet, he wanted to wait until he got it. Maybe it doesn't ship until he activates? Not sure.

#1192 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

didn't realize how much extra stuff was in the LBP2 move bundle, would of probably picked it up to have a second set for the other PS3.

Guardian_owl.png

#1193 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

where did you guys buy the warranty for the 3d monitor/

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#1194 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

It asks you when you go to checkout.

#1195 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

I love best buy warranty plans. I just purposely broke my 4 year old blu-ray player and got my $250 back plus they refunded the money I spent on the warranty.

Hell if this tv doesn't break in 3.5 years I will probably break it so I get my money bak to get something better or a newer model.

No comment on the ethcis LOL

Well I usually get warranties on big things I found sams club to be the cheapest for tv's mine was 80 bucks and it starts right after the mfg. My samsung tv went out a little over a week ago. The warranty expires Nov 29 so I lucked up. A shop is going to repair it.

But my other tv's appliances lasted. My cabrio washer had a BB warranty that save me big bucks. There guy came out and fixed it.

If the item is cheap like 100 IMo it might no be worth it.

#1196 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

It asks you when you go to checkout.

Is there any other way of ordering it? I did with my phone, completely screwed up!!!

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#1197 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

I don't know, try calling customer service and have them manually add ti to the order.

#1198 Kai984

Kai984

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Does anyone know how long these Blackfriday deals will last at Bestbuy ?
I wanted to get AC3 but right now it's kinda late :(

#1199 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

Went to Best Buy for the hell of it and saw this. Rang up for $99. The employees had no clue. I grabbed 2 (1 for each of my kids).

Posted Image

#1200 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

I ordered a 3D display earlier today for store pickup, all stores near me had it so I just chose the closest one. Got an email late in the day telling me they didn't have any more... spent a half hour on the phone before I could finally talk to someone in customer service, who told me every store was now sold out and I have no option than to wait 7-10 business days for a refund.

I honestly haven't had a pleasant experience with Best Buy in almost a year now, I'm almost relieved my credit is almost gone so I can stop shopping there altogether.