Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1201 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:03 AM

Does anyone know how long these Blackfriday deals will last at Bestbuy ?
I wanted to get AC3 but right now it's kinda late :(

I believe through Saturday night

#1202 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:04 AM

I ordered a 3D display earlier today for store pickup, all stores near me had it so I just chose the closest one. Got an email late in the day telling me they didn't have any more... spent a half hour on the phone before I could finally talk to someone in customer service, who told me every store was now sold out and I have no option than to wait 7-10 business days for a refund.

I honestly haven't had a pleasant experience with Best Buy in almost a year now, I'm almost relieved my credit is almost gone so I can stop shopping there altogether.

hum, I bought for in store pick up, received an email saying it is ready foor pick up, but no cancelation email so far. wondering if I will get screwed by going to store

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#1203 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

Does anyone know how long these Blackfriday deals will last at Bestbuy ?
I wanted to get AC3 but right now it's kinda late :(

amazon price matched best buy on ac3
it is available right here:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0050SYLRK/

#1204 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

i grabbed a 2nd 3D display in store. might sell it for a small profit, or, if not, i'll just keep it

#1205 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I ordered a 3D display earlier today for store pickup, all stores near me had it so I just chose the closest one. Got an email late in the day telling me they didn't have any more... spent a half hour on the phone before I could finally talk to someone in customer service, who told me every store was now sold out and I have no option than to wait 7-10 business days for a refund.

I honestly haven't had a pleasant experience with Best Buy in almost a year now, I'm almost relieved my credit is almost gone so I can stop shopping there altogether.

That would have pissed me off to no end. They better credit you an extra reward certificate for that crap.

#1206 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Cant wait to try my 3d display ! Anything i need to know about it before using it ?
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#1207 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Anyone place an order for the 3D Display when it was first live without having it ship yet?

#1208 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:24 AM

Just walked into a best buy at 9 pm. Still had 2, grabbed 1.
Awesome.

#1209 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:34 AM

The 3D Display was all sold out but I had ordered one for in-store pick up a few days before when I saw this thread.

Just went to pick it up and it rang up $99 ;D

Although the one I ordered online apparently came in while I was at the store so now I have three...
I'll go return the one I bought for $179 whenever I have the day off.

Black Friday is tiring.

#1210 Kolgar

Kolgar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:41 AM

Cant wait to try my 3d display ! Anything i need to know about it before using it ?

Speakers kinda suck. You can use about any Sony remote with it. It's a purty display.

#1211 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

My local store had plenty of 3d displays and they of course knew they were only 99 bucks. Surprised to have seen so many left in the middle of the day, I live in a melting pot of a town.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#1212 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

None at my store about 3pm est time. Glad i did grab one online.. still processing though :/
Posted Image

#1213 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

That would have pissed me off to no end. They better credit you an extra reward certificate for that crap.

I wish... I've never had them give me anything, and god knows I've had enough trouble with that place. Even though I have some gift cards and RZ certs on hand, I paid for the 3D display with a credit card just in case to make a possible refund easier. Glad I did at this point!

#1214 SuperSonic128

SuperSonic128

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:45 AM

I went into Best Buy to get a replacement display for the broken one they sent me. There went any left, so they refunded me... which takes about 4-5 days before I see the money for it in my account again. -.-

#1215 napmaster

napmaster

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

Is online inventory checker accurate? All stores around me are showing unavailable. This morning they were all in stock. Oh well. Saved $100.

#1216 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

^ It depends. Unavailable can sometimes mean that they have under 3 of the item left.

#1217 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

I wish I would have known about the Playstation Move LBP2 bundle.

#1218 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

Went to Best Buy for the hell of it and saw this. Rang up for $99. The employees had no clue. I grabbed 2 (1 for each of my kids).

Posted Image

explains why there was a stack of them still left.

#1219 Muthafodder

Muthafodder

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:16 AM

Store I went to literally had 40+ in gaming isles and on overhead shelf.
Grabbed two, asked if anyone knew about the deal ... clerk said no ... $99 was not advertised anywhere in store.
Customers looking at me and curious what I'm walking out with.
Asked if BestBuy.com can pull their stock ... clerk said no.
Asked if the $99 would revert back to $179 ... was told likely Sunday.
I'm guessing these will definitely hit $99 or less again ... at least locally.

Anyone know if these can be returned if the box is opened?

Cancelling on line orders now...joy.

#1220 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

Since there are so many people picking this up, I wanted to post this link for how to get it working for 3D for a PC.

http://forums.redfla...isplay-1175972/

Resolution maximum is 1280 by 720 at 60 Hz. for the 3D mode, as 1920 by 1080 is only supported with 24Hz

#1221 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Anyone else have a feeling we regular members will be canceled? It seems like they are saving the stocks for the silver members... They are really the only ones who got theres shipped

#1222 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:41 AM

I picked one up at my Best Buy since I was driving past anyway and the parking lot wasn't packed. Problem is, they wouldn't let me cancel my online order even though it hasn't shipped. Guess I will just have to return it when it gets here.... hassle.

**Can it really not do 3D at 1080p? The PS3 can (have it hooked up to my 65" 3DTV and play 3D blus often) do why would they make a TV designed for it that can't?

#1223 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

Anyone else have a feeling we regular members will be canceled? It seems like they are saving the stocks for the silver members... They are really the only ones who got theres shipped

I'm not sure about that. I'm silver and I ordered LBP Karting yesterday morning and it's stuck In Process so I stopped by a store picked it up instead. Just got off the phone with 800 BBY and they can't even cancel my online order, now I have to wait til it shipped then return it in store.:wall:

#1224 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'm a reg member and my display shipped supposedly.

#1225 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

So my husband picked up a 3d display. Got it home, set it up, fooled around with it for a few seconds, decided to update the playstation, and turned it off. Went to turn it back on and the light blinked blue....then green....then red. No display. I warned him it was a piece of crap, but even I'm surprised it failed after only being used for five minutes.
631261.png

#1226 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

My 3D Monitor should be here early next week along with my 3TB External HDD. Can't beat that for roughly $200.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#1227 MeGaWC27

MeGaWC27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

My order isn't shipped yet either. Ordered it when it came back instock on Thurs.
Went to my BB hoping to score 1, but they're completely cleared out. Saw a sign that said they're $99.99, so not too surprised that it's sold out.
Now only hope they ship to me and then bring it back to BB to get the warranty... (was in a hurry to get to checkout, forgot to....)

Posted Image

#1228 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

Not only did my display ship, but I already received it today. Box was in decent shape in an unpadded plastic bag except for a 4 inch thin gash in the side of the box through both layers right over the front of the display but didn't seem to rip the shipping bag. Haven't unpacked it yet to check in case I gift it but will probably have to anyway now. If I have to return it then it is a sign I don't need another one anyway.

#1229 wstewart

wstewart

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Has anyone had an issue with fuzzy text while using it as a computer monitor? Games play perfectly but web browsing is kind of terrible. I'm hooking it up through HDMI to a GTX 670 if that accounts for anything.

#1230 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Has anyone had an issue with fuzzy text while using it as a computer monitor? Games play perfectly but web browsing is kind of terrible. I'm hooking it up through HDMI to a GTX 670 if that accounts for anything.

I'm using it with a Radeon HD6950 and it looks gorgeous. I need to get a stand for it so I am looking directly at it (right now I'm looking a bit down and the colors are a little off with a non-optimal viewing angle) but I'm quite happy. I did see references to NVidia dropping this monitor from the drivers after a recent-ish revision which has caused some issues.

Did you adjust the sharpness to 0 or 1 (at most)?