Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1231 wstewart

wstewart

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

I'm using it with a Radeon HD6950 and it looks gorgeous. I need to get a stand for it so I am looking directly at it (right now I'm looking a bit down and the colors are a little off with a non-optimal viewing angle) but I'm quite happy. I did see references to NVidia dropping this monitor from the drivers after a recent-ish revision which has caused some issues.

Did you adjust the sharpness to 0 or 1 (at most)?

Bro, I owe you a beer. I'm stupid and didn't even THINK about sharpness. It was up at 3 and changing it to zero is basically night and day difference. Now I just need to figure out how to get the 3D to work in Windows 8.

#1232 Xtrminatr

Xtrminatr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Bro, I owe you a beer. I'm stupid and didn't even THINK about sharpness. It was up at 3 and changing it to zero is basically night and day difference. Now I just need to figure out how to get the 3D to work in Windows 8.

What are you trying to use 3d with? If it's movies you need something like Powerdvd, if it's games the game can only be at 720p. If you want to play games that don't support 3d you can try tridef, it's pretty good but expensive.

#1233 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Somebody recommend me some good 3D compatible games- PS3 or 360
Right now the 3D games I have are...
Killzone 3
Batman AC
Wipeout
Sonic Generations

#1234 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Killzone 3
Batman AC
Wipeout
Sonic Generations

i heard Ico/SotC HD is pretty sweet in 3D. i have the game, but haven't cracked it open yet.

#1235 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:42 AM

my display is set up and I must say that its awsome in 2d alone. I played gta 4 complete on it and I love the color and sharpness. The sound level after 20 is kind of a crackling sound but overall im loving this display. Cant wait to try out assassins creed 3 on this thing !
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1236 wstewart

wstewart

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:48 AM

What are you trying to use 3d with? If it's movies you need something like Powerdvd, if it's games the game can only be at 720p. If you want to play games that don't support 3d you can try tridef, it's pretty good but expensive.

Yeah, I tried the above method of overriding the driver but I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to disable where it NEEDS digitally signed drivers. Also, will the display switch to a native 720p so it won't look so shitty or will I just have a super enlarged desktop forever?

#1237 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

Damn I would've have liked a monitor.

#1238 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Sound on mine whines and cracks like abitch on 35. To bad, it looks gorgeous otherwise.

I read somewhere the main failure on these can be canceled out by cranking down the backlghting a few notches. Anyone else know anything on this?

#1239 freakyzeeky

freakyzeeky

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Killzone 3
Batman AC
Wipeout
Sonic Generations

Zen Pinball 2 is AMAZING in 3D. Easily my favorite 3D game.

#1240 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

I only have it at about 20. Everything just sounds like a loud distorted crackle, you can't make any audio out but crackling basically.

There may be issue with your monitor, I only hear it at around 60+ and even then you can still hear the sound and dialogue just with intermittent crackling (during explosions or any louder parts)

#1241 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

So got a few of the random items and the Sony TV in. Im a bit concerned i may not find any problems with iut before the year of Sony repair service warranty is up. Im not using it as a main, just as one for my backup systems to play when i dont feel like playing on the big screen

What should i look out for? What exactly is the problem with them? I did a quick google search and it seems it has something to do with the screen flickering, or going black or something?

Sound on mine whines and cracks like abitch on 35. To bad, it looks gorgeous otherwise.

I read somewhere the main failure on these can be canceled out by cranking down the backlghting a few notches. Anyone else know anything on this?

If thats true i should be golden. I game in a pitch black room (blackout shades and everything) So most of my TV's and monitors have the backlight set VERY low

So my husband picked up a 3d display. Got it home, set it up, fooled around with it for a few seconds, decided to update the playstation, and turned it off. Went to turn it back on and the light blinked blue....then green....then red. No display. I warned him it was a piece of crap, but even I'm surprised it failed after only being used for five minutes.

LOL.. jesus really? Thats just.. wow.. Was it maybe giving no display because the PS3 was off after the update? That thing sounds DOA.

BTW is your avatar Pirotess? I havent seen Lodoss War in ages. I should dig up my old DVD's
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#1242 xarthan

xarthan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

both mine have shipped, can't wait for it to get here :) I'm also a regular member.

#1243 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

So got a few of the random items and the Sony TV in. Im a bit concerned i may not find any problems with iut before the year of Sony repair service warranty is up. Im not using it as a main, just as one for my backup systems to play when i dont feel like playing on the big screen

What should i look out for? What exactly is the problem with them? I did a quick google search and it seems it has something to do with the screen flickering, or going black or something?

If thats true i should be golden. I game in a pitch black room (blackout shades and everything) So most of my TV's and monitors have the backlight set VERY low

LOL.. jesus really? Thats just.. wow.. Was it maybe giving no display because the PS3 was off after the update? That thing sounds DOA.

BTW is your avatar Pirotess? I havent seen Lodoss War in ages. I should dig up my old DVD's

The backlight solution is YMMV. Didn't work for me. I still get occasional black screens for 2 or 3 seconds here or there.

The monitor will auto-off completely if there is no input detected for several seconds, so maybe that's what happened to that other guy.

#1244 TheSithAssassin

TheSithAssassin

CAGpocalypse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Played motorstorm apocalypse for 2 hours in 3D. I'm now watching Matrix on blu-ray. No issues so far lets hope it stays that way. Lol

#1245 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:28 PM

still waiting on mine to ship it has been a couple of days. LOL

#1246 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Anyone find a penny item on best buy's website? I can't spend any money (at all) but I wanna waste a reward certificate.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1247 gabujabu

gabujabu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

For those people that bought the display, if you are interested in increasing your warranty, SquareTrade has a deal for 40% off: http://www.squaretrade.com/holidayrush

However, you do have to "Like" them on Facebook and enter an e-mail address, so it may or may not be worth it for you.

#1248 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Played motorstorm apocalypse for 2 hours in 3D. I'm now watching Matrix on blu-ray. No issues so far lets hope it stays that way. Lol

That game is a blast to play through. I'll have to test out the 3D option when I receive my unit.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#1249 napmaster

napmaster

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

I just bought the last one at my nearest store! Inventory checker showed Unavailable, but I figured I try anyway. ;)

#1250 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Took a gamble on ordering the 3D display without enough time to think through (even though I've always wanted it). Non-silver RZ with the first order 11/22 having a UPS M label created and shipped email - item hasn't actually been accepted at UPS though. Don't know when I'll get it.

Second one popped up just as unexpectedly the next day while browsing. Panic ordered since it seemed like a better/cheaper way to get a second pair of the active 3D glasses rather than pay $20. It'll serve as a backup display in light of all the failure horror stories. This one is in "preparing order" stage with ships in 5-7 days along with the sharp shooter.

Not feeling good about the lack of an outer shipping box, or the pointless polybag. As if these didn't die easily enough.

Probably shouldn't have spent $ on it. 200 bucks out and it could have gone towards a bigger and more reliable 3D tv for everyday use. Damn internet frenzy.

#1251 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

That game is a blast to play through. I'll have to test out the 3D option when I receive my unit.

I love this game as well as the other motorstorms !!!!!! I want to try the 3d option on my new 3d display as well
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#1252 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well, I ordered mine when it came back in stock Thursday night. Order was being fulfilled 0-1 days... now at 5-7 days. Waiting for the cancellation now. Oh well, not like I needed it, I'll save the $107 and now it can't break on me. Win/Win?

#1253 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

To anyone searching for 3D compatible games, here's a helpful resource:

3D Compatible Games

Personally, I only have 7 listed, and of those, only tried one with 3d - Sonic Generations. It was pretty neat, actually. Less "pop out" and more of a depth/spatial perception type thing. Only played through the first stage, though, so my opinion means little. From what I've read, Gran Turismo and Motorstorm Apocalypse are the kings of the 3d throne. Stardust HD seems to get high marks, too. Oh, and strangely, most of the Sony HD collections have 3D.

As far as the device itself, I haven't had any issues yet (picked it up on BF). With the exception of Apple, I still think Sony's industrial design is unrivaled. This thing is just smexxy. I got BB's extended warranty, so if it breaks...oh well, but I certainly hope it doesn't. Don't know what they were thinking originally charging $499 for it, but $100 is beyond a steal.

#1254 YEAHBUDDY

YEAHBUDDY

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was surprised the local bestbuy was still selling them. Saw a guy walk out with 3 of the tvs about an hour ago. Went ahead and picked one up for myself. See if it works or not.

#1255 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Just a minor sideline, Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 is $7.99 online but sold out. Found one in my local BB and got them to pricematch the BB.com.

#1256 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just a minor sideline, Mass Effect 2 for the PS3 is $7.99 online but sold out. Found one in my local BB and got them to pricematch the BB.com.

I'd get ME2 but I am waiting for the trilogy on PS3.

#1257 p-spiddy

p-spiddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

D'OH! Went to go pick up the 3D display. Online it said it was available near me. I get there and ask the CSR to grab one for me. Minutes later another CSR comes up and says, "We're sold out. I moved them out front an hour ago and I just sold the last one." Bah!

#1258 Takohma

Takohma

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:35 PM

Along with my 3d tv I went to Walmart and picked up dead island. It was the goty edition and rang $30. I showed the cashier the add that said $10 for it. We both didn't realize that it was only $10 for the regular one. She changed the price. My friend got one too and they charged him $30 ( the correct price) and they wouldn't change it. He told them that they changed it for me. And they told him well be got lucky lol.

#1259 idd0tt

idd0tt

i am a girl/woman/chick!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

ugh bought the 3d tv the second it became available online. It says shipped but my tracking hasn't updated from "shipping label created" Has anyone else been having this problem?

#1260 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

ugh bought the 3d tv the second it became available online. It says shipped but my tracking hasn't updated from "shipping label created" Has anyone else been having this problem?

Ditto.

453605.png
TheTsel.png