Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1291 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Nothing for me from the Cyber Monday list. Here's hoping they start rolling out the DOTD deals like last year.

#1292 petemon69

petemon69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

I thought the same thing about the prices but if you click on the game it'll go to the game page with the adjusted price.
suck off

#1293 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Against my better judgement I picked one up. The failure rate on these is unbelievably high from what I can tell from doing research on them in the past. From what I've read, spending an extra 20 percent on a best buy warranty is not a good idea. The off the shelf replacement unit will have a much higher probability of failure then if you send it to Sony.

I'm really glad I got the best buy warranty. It's 4 years for 30 dollars and mine already failed. My local best buy manager did a service exception and just gave me a brand new one off the shelf.

Much easier than having to bad send it in to Sony. He even let me keep the motorstorm even though I had it from the other one.

#1294 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

Bought the 3D display and Killzone bundle. Killzone is almost here but the 3D display only has a label made for it. Funny thing is that right now Killzone bundle is in Wallingford, CT which is no more than a 30 minute drive from where I live but the expected arrival date is the 29th which makes absolutely no sense. It better be here on Monday or Tuesday the latest.

"It better be here" lol watch out we got a badass over here

#1295 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 AM

I'm really glad I got the best buy warranty. It's 4 years for 30 dollars and mine already failed. My local best buy manager did a service exception and just gave me a brand new one off the shelf.

Much easier than having to bad send it in to Sony. He even let me keep the motorstorm even though I had it from the other one.

What happened to the display?

#1296 onyzukae

onyzukae

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

Does anyone have extra one.. please PM' me.... Love to pay 130 + shipping.. please..

thanks. = ) if live LA,California area .. i will pick!

#1297 mikkoxB

mikkoxB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

I'm kinda mad at myself for getting the 3d display when it first came out but I used over $100 of amazon credit to get it.
I'm also glad mine has be working fine since day one especially reading others having problems with it.

#1298 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

What happened to the display?

It got the blinking red light of death. Basically when i turned it on it would not display any image, and would just shut off. I went in to Best Buy, and he just swapped it for a brand new one in store.... and he told me that he will keep doing it for me if it keeps happening (the manager is super cool and really goes the distance to help me out because i spent a SHIT TON of money at best buy lol)

I should note that i got the display in july and it failed in october.... so its not like I JUST got one on black friday and it failed

#1299 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

For those people that bought the display, if you are interested in increasing your warranty, SquareTrade has a deal for 40% off: http://www.squaretrade.com/holidayrush

However, you do have to "Like" them on Facebook and enter an e-mail address, so it may or may not be worth it for you.

how reliable / hassle-free is SquareTrade?

It seems kind of strange to me how they seemingly offer blanket warranties on pretty much anything without any sort of item verification process (at time of purchase). Anyone willing to quickly do a walkthrough of the process?

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!

#1300 ichii

ichii

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:12 AM

How does the best buy warranty work, I never got any form of paper work? Mine is also stuck in progress :(

#1301 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

From what I have read, units that are sent to Sony have a much higher probability of not breaking. These things are massively defective.

#1302 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

How does the best buy warranty work, I never got any form of paper work? Mine is also stuck in progress :(

I think they can access the warranty if you used your RZ membership or have the credit card you paid with.

#1303 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I don't know personally, but "once the plan is purchased, it is activated and attached to your account" so says a BB Community Connector at their forum in this thread. That poster asked about a problem registering their 3D display after being emailed a plan confirmation and plan#.

My guess is since it hasn't actually shipped, you'll be getting info later.

#1304 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

From what I have read, units that are sent to Sony have a much higher probability of not breaking. These things are massively defective.

LOL. I'll be leaning on that since I didn't buy into the extended service. Chances are these are gone from stores here on out (much less in 2-4 years) so there's almost no chance of a new in-store swap. BB Geek Squad isn't going to be able to fix it if Sony can't/won't. Maybe some are looking at it as a rental fee until it goes black. I'd rather keep the product since there isn't anything that comparable (under $100).

If it is destined to die, it will the first year, and much more likely within 3 months based on internet complaints.

I'm going to hope for the best and lemon test it with regular use.

#1305 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

it depends basically you take it in and if it is cheap you can get a gift and buy another one but since they will be hard to get..... if the price went back up to 300 then you would just get the amount you paid.

A warranty on this one I am not sure it is worth it due to Best buys recent troubles and the monitor being a cheap price.

#1306 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:11 PM

You have to take reviews with a grain of salt. For everyone that complains there are those that are satisfied. Some people nitpick and find the smallest imperfection and raise hell. Others are just fine. People definately spread fear If one is sick the other starts feeling like he is coming down with something. LOL

If you get it cheap I hope you enjoy it if you don't like it return it so someone might get one.

One note The monitor seems to have a super quick auto shut off If it doesn't recieve a signal when turned on. I find it interesting with my remote I can see how it can drive people crazy with out one.

#1307 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

Just get Best Buy warranty and you guys should be good. If there is a major issues they have a testing thing. What I heard is that they test your tv in your presence and if it's defective they replace it. Same with Sony. But BB's is 2 year warranty and should be worth 120$

#1308 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

You have to take reviews with a grain of salt. For everyone that complains there are those that are satisfied. Some people nitpick and find the smallest imperfection and raise hell. Others are just fine. People definately spread fear If one is sick the other starts feeling like he is coming down with something. LOL

If you get it cheap I hope you enjoy it if you don't like it return it so someone might get one.

One note The monitor seems to have a super quick auto shut off If it doesn't recieve a signal when turned on. I find it interesting with my remote I can see how it can drive people crazy with out one.

People aren't nitpicking- these things literally stop working in massive quantities. There are several CAGs who have had it happen to them. There is also a massive thread on playstation forums about it.

Also, correct me if I am wrong- but I believe that with a best buy warranty, once you are outside of the original return period, the warranty is only good for one replacement unit and you have to buy another warranty if you want to keep the protection.

#1309 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

This is one of the reasons why I chose not to get a warranty with BB (the other reason being the relatively low price of the monitor). If the monitor craps out, I'd rather send it to Sony in hopes that the root cause of the problem is fixed instead of having BB swap it out with another possibly defective unit. Also, by that time, BB might not have any units in stock.

#1310 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Just wanted to add this: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332893

SquareTrade is offering a coupon for 40% off today (just need to claim it today, it expires at the end of Jan next year). This would make their 3 Year Warranty just $9.

#1311 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:10 PM

So this is what, day four of Best Buy's 2-day sale?

They changed the name from Black Friday to Cyber Monday but it's still all the same items.

#1312 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

^ Yep.

Exactly.

#1313 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

SquareTrade is offering a coupon for 40% off today (just need to claim it today, it expires at the end of Jan next year). This would make their 3 Year Warranty just $9.

Thanks. If the 3d monitor breaks, is it free shipping to and from squaretrade?

#1314 Pck21

Pck21

Beware the Ides of March

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

I purchased my PS Monitor in June 2012 and it just died on me this morning. Just a heads up.
Currently Playing:

Onlive ID: Hand2Gland - Add Me!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Two wrongs don't make a right, I suppose, but three rights make a left and it makes me feel like the goddamn Batman.

#1315 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

Question , i purchased the tv and the warranty @ bb w/ my mom yesterday and they gave her the reciept and warranty?(idk) is it automatically activated or do i have to do it bymyself?

#1316 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Is there anyway to add that coupon protection plan to the TV I purchased on wednesday? I really want it for $9.
Posted Image

#1317 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Thanks. If the 3d monitor breaks, is it free shipping to and from squaretrade?

Ya, they'll send you a label. Coming up with the box is probably the hard part.

#1318 donut

donut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Ya, they'll send you a label. Coming up with the box is probably the hard part.

Very good point, KEEP the box!
If sending it in for repair, not sure you really need to double box it.
it's already broken....
"I'd bet ya dollars to donuts ..."

#1319 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

where are you seeing it listed for that cheap? All I see is $29.99 for 3 years on a tv bought for 0-199. 40% of $29.99 isn't $9.

#1320 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

where are you seeing it listed for that cheap? All I see is $29.99 for 3 years on a tv bought for 0-199. 40% of $29.99 isn't $9.

Tried doing it too and it's $29.99
Posted Image