Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1321 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

where are you seeing it listed for that cheap? All I see is $29.99 for 3 years on a tv bought for 0-199. 40% of $29.99 isn't $9.

The display isn't considered a TV, it's considered a monitor. Monitor Warranty is $15 and the 40% off makes it $9.

"One thing to establish straight away is that the PlayStation 3D Display isn't an HDTV as such: there's no aerial socket and no on-board TV tuner. Instead this is a monitor with connectivity designed to target a range of external multimedia devices while offering up an affordable small-screen solution for those wanting to enter into the 3D arms race without the space for a gigantic HDTV."

source: http://www.eurogamer...-display-review

#1322 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

My Dishonored for the PS3 shipped today :-). It will be a couple weeks before I can play it but at least it's on its way.

#1323 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Question , i purchased the tv and the warranty @ bb w/ my mom yesterday and they gave her the reciept and warranty?(idk) is it automatically activated or do i have to do it bymyself?

#1324 atomsk44

atomsk44

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

Best Buy just called to try and fulfill my order... and the system wasn't letting them. I told them I'd call back Friday and see how things shake out (it'll auto-cancel on Saturday anyway)

I have my doubts, but you never know what'll show up in a warehouse somewhere.
attackslug.com

#1325 Davivascaino

Davivascaino

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

The display isn't considered a TV, it's considered a monitor. Monitor Warranty is $15 and the 40% off makes it $9.

"One thing to establish straight away is that the PlayStation 3D Display isn't an HDTV as such: there's no aerial socket and no on-board TV tuner. Instead this is a monitor with connectivity designed to target a range of external multimedia devices while offering up an affordable small-screen solution for those wanting to enter into the 3D arms race without the space for a gigantic HDTV."

source: http://www.eurogamer...-display-review

Thanks, purchased the warranty for 9 bucks. Really worth it!!

DaviVascaino.png         Davivascaino.png

#1326 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:36 PM

From what I have read, units that are sent to Sony have a much higher probability of not breaking. These things are massively defective.

Thats not true at all.

People who have sent them to Sony in many cases have had to send them 4-5 times.

If you go on the official sony forums and other places there is no difference in the ones sent back from sony.... sure some people may have success but that goes both ways

#1327 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:38 PM

my display shipped. very excited for this thing

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#1328 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

Everything else shipped but the display. I'm still getting a shipping label message, does that mean it's getting backordered?

#1329 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

Probably. I'm in the same boat.

#1330 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

I wouldn't worry if the shipping label was already created. My tracking info finally updated on the UPS website after 3 days. Don't know about the "preparing order" one though.

BTW, is anyone getting bonus gamer RZ points for this display? Pending points only show the 99, but I forgot if the gamers club bonus shows up only after posting.

Also read that BB might consider this a "hardware" item instead of a PS3 accessory so it wouldn't qualify.

#1331 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:07 AM

Mine still says preparing order. Going to be a little mad if I don't get this, already spent $35 on an extra set of glasses and display adapter.

#1332 gaggil

gaggil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

Just got my shipping notice for my Playstation display.

I ordered it late morning when it briefly came back in stock.

#1333 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

I just got a shipping confirmation for my display I ordered Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed on getting a good unit.

#1334 hereon

hereon

Here-On Earth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

Never got to thank OP for posting, I wouldn't have picked up Saints Row without this tip! Thanks :D

#1335 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Glasses/Monitor are still at "5-7 Days". :/

Hopefully it ships.

#1336 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Phew, both my monitors have finally updated their shipping information and are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday. Hopefully a good indicator for you guys that were worried as well.
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#1337 htz

htz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

I wouldn't worry if the shipping label was already created. My tracking info finally updated on the UPS website after 3 days. Don't know about the "preparing order" one though.

BTW, is anyone getting bonus gamer RZ points for this display? Pending points only show the 99, but I forgot if the gamers club bonus shows up only after posting.

Also read that BB might consider this a "hardware" item instead of a PS3 accessory so it wouldn't qualify.

The many benefits include:

• 2X points on new game software
  • 10% off pre-owned games
  • At least $100 in coupons with each issue of @Gamer

It doesn't matter if its hardware or accessory, you only get double points on game software.

#1338 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Wow my stuff finally shipped. I got the "shipped" email Wednesday but my stuff has finally been picked up by UPS. Damn Slackers!

#1339 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Tracking finally updated on mine. Looks like it'll be here on Wednesday. I'm anxious!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1340 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

Super jelly that you guys had yours shipped. Mine is currently in limbo.

Edit: 8:04 Eastern and mine finally shipped! Super pumped!

Edited by Link2999, 26 November 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#1341 htz

htz

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:06 AM

Wow my stuff finally shipped. I got the "shipped" email Wednesday but my stuff has finally been picked up by UPS. Damn Slackers!

When best buy or any other retailer sends you a "shipping confirmation" email, it just means they have it in the trailer. The trailers are owned by the shipping company (UPS, FedEX, etc...) that are parked at there warehouses until its time for the shipping companies to come pick up. Only FedEx was open after Thanksgiving, UPS didn't start up again until late Saturday.

#1342 0_0

0_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:19 AM

Did Best Buy have any documentation on these deals? I tried to order from Best Buy, but none of the stores near me had the 3D display in stock, and I will have to try PMing at Walmart.

#1343 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

It doesn't matter if its hardware or accessory, you only get double points on game software.

Eh, the big chart from the Rewards Zone site under the Gamers Club tab >
Gamers Club Benefits it highlights in the first row:

"Get 2x points on new game software, digital content and game accessories"

#1344 MeGaWC27

MeGaWC27

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Finally got an email confirmation stating my display is shipped. Got a tracking # but UPS only says that the shipping label was printed only.
Was part of the group that purchased it when it came back instock briefly midday on Thanksgiving.
Still no word on my extra paid of Sony 3D Glasses.

Posted Image

#1345 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Got shipping confirmation on my display today.

... and today I returned my previous DotD display and 3d glasses (and partial warranty return, as they deducted a month for $0.80).

#1346 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

So I ordered my 3D display from BestBuy.com without the warranty. I wanna get the warranty in-store when it arrives, do I need to bring my display in or is bringing the receipt just okay? Thanks
Posted Image

#1347 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:11 AM

shucks that I missed that 3DS deal :/ and a bunch of the 3DS games.

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1348 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 AM

So I ordered my 3D display from BestBuy.com without the warranty. I wanna get the warranty in-store when it arrives, do I need to bring my display in or is bringing the receipt just okay? Thanks

I've had some make me do it, and others have said I don't need to. I would first call 1-800-BestBuy to see if they can add it over the phone. That would be the easiest way to get it done in my opinion since they know you haven't received it and are therefore not trying to scam them.

#1349 jimivegas

jimivegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

I got the ps3 display on Black Friday in store because i missed it online. So i braved a ridiculous line and had this little gem targeted as my number 1 priority. I was in the part of the line that stretched behind the store so i had my doubts. Line moves into the store and its complete havoc. I rush to the ps3 section and to my surprise, I found one sitting on the shelf labeled at $179.99. Amongst the pandemonium I was looking around and amazed that no one knew how much it really was. Not wanting to run because I was afraid of being tackled if someone saw what I was going for, I casually walked up and grabbed it. My bf was complete. Anyhow, street fighter looks beautiful on this thing. I can't be more happier with my hadoukens, they look so crispy.

So, what I'm really writing about is if anyone has any experience with square trade. I'm trying to get a quote and can't decide on the value of the monitor? Do I type in $299? 179.99? Or 99.99(the actual cost on the receipt)? I know the value is more than that but what is square trade asking? The receipts value or the market value? I'm thinking about getting a warranty because I'm scared it may break since everyone is saying it will. So far though like I was saying, my hadoukens are coming out nice and smooth. Thanks for the help.

#1350 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:50 AM

Even with it's reputation, I don't see the value of paying such a high percentage of the cost on a warranty. I think it's been said unless the warranty is less than ~10% of the cost, don't bother. Unless bestbuy has some newer fixed display to give you when it breaks, you might as well have just bought another and store it in your closet as a $100 warranty. If it's bad, it will probably die within the first year FREE warranty anyway.