Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1411 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:54 PM

I never got any warranty...

Yeah me too. Personally if I wanted to get a warranty, I would have just bought another one to replace it.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1412 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

My 3D display comes today, but I didn't buy the BB warranty. I was thinking about taking it to a BB store once it arrives to add the warranty, but no BB store within 100 miles has another in stock. Should I just pass on the BB warranty and deal with shipping back to Sony if my display is faulty?

From what I know, you can buy the extended warranty online. Atleast most of the sites have that option available. But either way you might ending shipping the tv to sony or bb.

#1413 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Completey off topic question and could really do with some answer on this.Thanks in advance
-
I just received my Xbox 360 bundle from BestBuy. I have one more shipping from Newegg,which I ordered after the BB one as it din't have the additional 15$ tax and was supposedly 3 day shipping. So what I wanted to ask you guys is, can I open the BB bundle and return the newegg bundle to BB ? Is that doable or do they have any serial tracking for consoles ? I know that it's possible with games but just not sure about this. Please help !

Can someone help me with this plz...^^^^ have the xbox :cry::cry: infront of me but can't open!!

#1414 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

The serial number from the BB purchase should be on your receipt.

#1415 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:00 PM

Can someone help me with this plz...^^^^ have the xbox :cry::cry: infront of me but can't open!!

Nope. More than likely both businesses logged the serial number on the console they sent you.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#1416 jgressley

jgressley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:02 PM

Nearly every retailer I know tracks serial numbers for console purchases. Best Buy is one of them.

#1417 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

Can anyone clarify how squaretrade warranty would work in the 3d display in case it fails in say 2 years?

Would they just give back the hundred bucks, ship it back to Sony to repair, or find a new one to replace if still available?

#1418 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Thank you all for the help.Guess I will have to wait for my newegg one then.

#1419 mark_IV

mark_IV

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yes it is tracked by serial number. The sticker on the box (I have last year's bundle) has the console's serial number on it for that reason.

#1420 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

My 3D display comes today, but I didn't buy the BB warranty. I was thinking about taking it to a BB store once it arrives to add the warranty, but no BB store within 100 miles has another in stock. Should I just pass on the BB warranty and deal with shipping back to Sony if my display is faulty?

You can get a 3-year SquareTrade warranty for $15, although I don't know how it compares with the BB warranty.

Mine should be arriving today; waiting impatiently for the UPS truck.

#1421 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:04 PM

https://mail-attachm...QD5M3sus7jeyY74

My display came today and it works :) My desk is finally complete!

#1422 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

Yes it is tracked by serial number. The sticker on the box (I have last year's bundle) has the console's serial number on it for a reason.

Yeah I guessed it would be more like the game cds where the UPC is not easily traceable or usually kept. Tough luck for me. Saving 15$ means I have to wait:cry:

#1423 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

Nearly every retailer I know tracks serial numbers for console purchases. Best Buy is one of them.

I know that you can get away with small stuff at walmart if you have the receipt.

#1424 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

You can get a 3-year SquareTrade warranty for $15, although I don't know how it compares with the BB warranty.

Mine should be arriving today; waiting impatiently for the UPS truck.

Yep, considering that too. I snagged the coupon code earlier this week so it'd be even cheaper than that, plus Best Buy has really jerked me around with their customer service in the past.

Can anyone vouch for SquareTrade from personal experience?

#1425 solidusdeus

solidusdeus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

Just to chime in because so many people have longevity concerns. I had one Sony TV (XBR52HX909) that the screen delaminated on at the end of the warranty. Because they did not have any of the same model still in stock they upgraded it to a newer XBR that was a 55", and through in a free 3D Starter Kit for the trouble of getting a different size TV. If something does go bad they're very fair.

Samsung on the other hand my friends LN52A650, which is famous for bad cold board capacitors, failed due to the faulty capacitors and Samsung refused to fix it within warranty because their house did not have grounded receptacles.

Panasonic is always great though.

I REFUSE to buy another Samsung TV ever again. I went through the "white dot" problem with my DLP TV from them, which they adamantly refused to fix. Several months later after a FB group formed and we contacted the NJ district attorney's office, we finally got our TV's fixed. They have good pictures, but if they go bad they don't stand by their products.

#1426 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 PM

Yep, considering that too. I snagged the coupon code earlier this week so it'd be even cheaper than that, plus Best Buy has really jerked me around with their customer service in the past.

I don't have personal experience with them but I've heard rave reviews about them. Everyone I've ever spoken with that has dealt with them has said nothing but good things.

Can anyone clarify how squaretrade warranty would work in the 3d display in case it fails in say 2 years?

Would they just give back the hundred bucks, ship it back to Sony to repair, or find a new one to replace if still available?

I'm not 100% positive on this, but I'm pretty sure I've read posts by others that stated ST has to make sure the product wasn't broken from mishandled use and if it can't be repaired, they'll refund you the money.

#1427 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

SquareTrade was horrible for me. I had an issue with my Astro headset and called it in. The claims rep was very resistant to taking it. He told me to do everything i can with the manufacturer even though i told him i already did...because of that he said they should have fixed it and since they couldn't find anything wrong then squaretrade wouldn't find anything wrong either. He then said if i really wanted squaretrade to look then I would pay shipping of $20 to send it in for repairs and if they don't find anything wrong then I would have to pay another $20 for return shipping.

I sent squaretrade an email complaint about this behavior from their claims rep but never heard back.

#1428 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I believe the reason to go with bestbuy is that they may upgrade you to the latest version of the product insured if there is a problem with your current one.

#1429 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

SquareTrade was horrible for me. I had an issue with my Astro headset and called it in. The claims rep was very resistant to taking it. He told me to do everything i can with the manufacturer even though i told him i already did...because of that he said they should have fixed it and since they couldn't find anything wrong then squaretrade wouldn't find anything wrong either. He then said if i really wanted squaretrade to look then I would pay shipping of $20 to send it in for repairs and if they don't find anything wrong then I would have to pay another $20 for return shipping.

I sent squaretrade an email complaint about this behavior from their claims rep but never heard back.

BBB complaint my friend.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#1430 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

For the people using their 3d display as a monitor. Is anyone having issues getting it to work?

I'm trying to set it up as a primary monitor for my parents laptop. Plug everything in and the display outputs monitor for less than a second and then says no signal. Tryied various settings and different cables and ports and no dice. Tried it with my own laptop and it works.

Both laptops are rocking Nvidia cards. My parents laptop is a geforce 9800m gs. In the Nvidia control panel it mentioned something about HDCP not supported or something.

Anyone run into issues like this. Google searching has not produced any similar fesults
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#1431 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

For the people who got there 3d tv how was your tv package? Mine was just wrapped in plastic with no protection and on the side ripped where you can see the box.

#1432 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

For the people using their 3d display as a monitor. Is anyone having issues getting it to work?

I'm trying to set it up as a primary monitor for my parents laptop. Plug everything in and the display outputs monitor for less than a second and then says no signal. Tryied various settings and different cables and ports and no dice. Tried it with my own laptop and it works.

Both laptops are rocking Nvidia cards. My parents laptop is a geforce 9800m gs. In the Nvidia control panel it mentioned something about HDCP not supported or something.

Anyone run into issues like this. Google searching has not produced any similar fesults

This might provide some insight. Never been to that forum before, but it came up on google when I was looking for reviews of the PS3 display. Had it bookmarked since it could be helpful. Start with post #8.

[H]ard|Forum thread titled: "What do you guys think of the Sony PS3 3d display as a 3D PC monitor?"
http://hardforum.com...d.php?t=1691002

#1433 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:29 AM

This might provide some insight. Never been to that forum before, but it came up on google when I was looking for reviews of the PS3 display. Had it bookmarked since it could be helpful. Start with post #8.

[H]ard|Forum thread titled: "What do you guys think of the Sony PS3 3d display as a 3D PC monitor?"
http://hardforum.com...d.php?t=1691002

Thanks for the site. Unfortunately it does not really pertain to my situation. It could be the drivers that was mentioned in that link, but I would not know until I get home.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#1434 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:30 AM

Got my 3d TV. There was absolutely no packaging at all. They just put the label on the box and shipped it. Not too happy about this but I'm sure the tv is fine.

#1435 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:31 AM

For the people who got there 3d tv how was your tv package? Mine was just wrapped in plastic with no protection and on the side ripped where you can see the box.

The product as you see it in store, not double boxed.

#1436 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

UPS tracker said my display would arrive today, now it's saying tomorrow. Scary thing is the last update was an origin scan in Oklahoma on Saturday. Hope it gets here...

#1437 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:29 AM

Wait how much is the Bestbuy warranty? Isn't like 1 year like the same price as the monitor?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1438 chuckywang

chuckywang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

If you have a bright monitor with a lot of glare, install something called f.lux. Your eyes will thank you.

http://stereopsis.com/flux/

#1439 Hibiwa

Hibiwa

Blue Exorcist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:00 AM

UPS tracker said my display would arrive today, now it's saying tomorrow. Scary thing is the last update was an origin scan in Oklahoma on Saturday. Hope it gets here...

Ugh, I missed my one day early delivery attempt. :cry: I hope it doesn't get tossed to hell on the way back tomorrow. Aaahhhhh sooooo close... :wall:

BTW, the second one is still in a holding pattern of "preparing order", and there's no pending charge. Doesn't look too good for my backup.

#1440 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

It gets shipped via UPS, right? Meaning I'll have to wait all damn day to get it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png