Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1441 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Got my 3d TV. There was absolutely no packaging at all. They just put the label on the box and shipped it. Not too happy about this but I'm sure the tv is fine.

same here. it looks like it was opened. i still need to make sure everything is there.

#1442 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:47 AM

just had a question for those who've purchased the warranty at BB... i remember seeing posts saying 5yrs for $25. tried to add it instore today and the price was 29.99 for 4yrs. just wanted to confirm before i decided on getting the warranty.
thx in advance :)

#1443 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

just had a question for those who've purchased the warranty at BB... i remember seeing posts saying 5yrs for $25. tried to add it instore today and the price was 29.99 for 4yrs. just wanted to confirm before i decided on getting the warranty.
thx in advance :)

I paid $19.99 for my 4yr when I ordered it online.

#1444 flix1

flix1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

For the people who got there 3d tv how was your tv package? Mine was just wrapped in plastic with no protection and on the side ripped where you can see the box.

Mine was in a "plastic bag" with no padding too. I expect that when I order a blu-ray ... but a TV?!

#1445 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Got my 3d TV. There was absolutely no packaging at all. They just put the label on the box and shipped it. Not too happy about this but I'm sure the tv is fine.

If you read the extensive thread about the earlier sales on this display, you'd see that nearly everyone reports it being shipped this way.

And it's not a T... ah, forget it.

Mine was in a "plastic bag" with no padding too. I expect that when I order a blu-ray ... but a TV?!

Hey, at least you got a plastic bag. They charge for those in San Francisco.

I think I got one bagged and one without. They like to mix it up at Best Buy shipping. That's how they roll. Edgy.

#1446 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Nevermind, I got the monitor to work. I updated the drivers. It looks like they were a bit old :/
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#1447 dabsac80

dabsac80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

Got my display today, and I have say that I'm impressed. It makes a pretty good pc monitor. The picture quality on blurays and games is awesome and I really enjoyed the 3d a lot. All in all not bad for $100.

#1448 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

I paid $19.99 for my 4yr when I ordered it online.

thx for the info, wish the pricing was consistent. guess ill have to go back in store and do the 4yr for 29.99 :cry:

#1449 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

It gets shipped via UPS, right? Meaning I'll have to wait all damn day to get it.

I hope I'm home when they deliver it. I work later on, and I don't want to miss it.

#1450 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:53 PM

thx for the info, wish the pricing was consistent. guess ill have to go back in store and do the 4yr for 29.99 :cry:

make sure they are quoting based off a monitor and not a tv! if not, sqaretrade may be better in this case.

Edited by koberulz909, 28 November 2012 - 06:35 PM.
spelling/grammar

#1451 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

I have a question. How do I test my monitor whether it has Dead pixels in there? Because I want to ship my monitor to my Korean friend. I need to test carefully.

#1452 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

So I got my monitor today and the thing is clearly used. Scratches all over the front lower bezel. Was it suppose to come with some type of screen protector? The Fuck. Anyone else monitor not look new?

#1453 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

So I got my monitor today and the thing is clearly used. Scratches all over the front lower bezel. Was it suppose to come with some type of screen protector? The Fuck. Anyone else monitor not look new?

Mine just arrived and also has scratches along the front lower bezel of the actual monitor. Otherwise the product doesn't look "used," just poorly packaged and shipped. All other components have protective stuff along them, etc. Nothing looked unboxed. Setting it up now... :pray:

#1454 FEGuy

FEGuy

STARING DIRECTLY INTO YOUR SOUL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Yeah, that's how mine came too, with only slight wear to the corners of the box. I'd complain more if the thing wasn't double-boxed, and at least there was the layer of foam padding protecting the screen.

After a day of using it, I'm pretty satisfied. Light bleed is minor, speakers are passable, the top of the monitor looks thick enough to balance a Wii sensor bar on, and the size is a pretty good step up from my 21.5" monitor. Not a fan of the gloss level of the screen, and it's pretty disappointing that there's no automatic input-switching. Might've expected that in 2005, but come on, guys. Haven't tested the 3D yet (in fact I haven't ever used any 3D glasses that weren't cheap red/cyan stuff), so I can't comment on that.

#1455 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:05 PM

5PM and I still haven't received my package. Jesus....

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1456 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Got mine all set up on the desk. Compared to my old 19" LED TV, this thing is a monster. Noticeably better visuals at 1080p, no flickering, sound is decent, glare isn't too bad. I'm happy for now! Could sure use a PS3 vertical stand to free up some desktop real estate though.

#1457 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

Mine just arrived and also has scratches along the front lower bezel of the actual monitor. Otherwise the product doesn't look "used," just poorly packaged and shipped. All other components have protective stuff along them, etc. Nothing looked unboxed. Setting it up now... :pray:

LOL you guys. READ THE MANUAL. It's not scratched, - it's a piece of protective film. Just remove it.

Seriously, still falling for that? :D
www.bighugenerd.com

#1458 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:42 PM

LOL you guys. READ THE MANUAL. It's not scratched, - it's a piece of protective film. Just remove it.

Compared to the film on the stand, the front bezel's got some stealthy shit! At first I thought it had already been removed. All good now. 8-)

#1459 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:45 PM

Compared to the film on the stand, the front bezel's got some stealthy shit! At first I thought it had already been removed. All good now. 8-)

Yes, it's VERY stealthy. My film was actually pretty clear looking, but after reading the manual for goodness knows what reason, I started picking with my fingernail on the edges, and it came off.

My stand was a little broken, though. The little "push" button that pops out to hold the screen to the stand is pushed in, so mine's not the sturdiest monitor in the world... So it goes!
www.bighugenerd.com

#1460 anumeric

anumeric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:20 AM

make sure they are quoting based off a monitor and not a tv! if not, sqaretrade may be better in this case.

i asked the CS girl about the monitor/tv and she said that was the only price coming up. i even asked her about the 5yrs for $25 but the screen showed 4yrs-$29 & 5yrs-$39.

i was thinking about squaretrade but figured BB would be easier to deal with just taking it back if it broke and getting a giftcard as a replacement.

thx for the info, ill try asking again :)

#1461 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

Finally got mine and just finished setting it all up. Man this thing is a beauty.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1462 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

How do I test my monitor whether it has Dead pixels in there? Because I want to ship my monitor to my Korean friend. I need to test carefully.

#1463 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

Finally got mine and just finished setting it all up. Man this thing is a beauty.

Same. I also used the recommended settings provided by KryllFood on page 11. Thanks Kryll!

Currently Playing
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

DahkX.png

#1464 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:12 AM

Same. I also used the recommended settings provided by KryllFood on page 11. Thanks Kryll!

I'm testing out those settings right now, but I don't know, it seems kind of hazy to me? Like there's a mist over the entire screen.

Oh dear god, it's been on for an hour and it just now flickered off for a few seconds then back on.

Edited by Tsel, 29 November 2012 - 01:24 AM.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1465 cheaphuck

cheaphuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Wow, I have to say I'm impressed with how the PS3 looks on this thing. Only 3D I'm use to is that old red/blue crap so I was surprised when I put on the glasses and was not blinded. Man, I cant wait to play some more games.

Have to say though it does not make a great PC gaming monitor. Browsing and stuff is ok but Black Ops II did not look as good as my monitor from 2009. Might have to calibrate it better but looked sort of washed out and not as fluid. For $100 though this is an amazing monitor for PS3. I might keep it.

Ha, good to know. Thanks.

#1466 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Oh dear god, it's been on for an hour and it just now flickered off for a few seconds then back on.

Noooo! I'm afraid this thread is slowly going to turn into a full fledged support group. :-({|=

#1467 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:05 AM

Noooo! I'm afraid this thread is slowly going to turn into a full fledged support group. :-({|=

Mine's been flickering like crazy. It's only turned itself off once, but the picture will go out, it'll say no signal, and then it'll come back. :cry:

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1468 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

How do I test my monitor whether it has Dead pixels in there? Because I want to ship my monitor to my Korean friend. I need to test carefully.

Seems like a odd choice since people usually import Korean monitor.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#1469 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:11 AM

Is the display supposed to turn off if you turn off your PS3?

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1470 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

So, I just popped in Killzone 3, and I'm getting some terribly choppy sound on the 3D display. It's pretty bad (I highly doubt this is acceptable for most people); any ideas on how to fix it?

3G' and Friends Group Lowball is now OVER!!! Thank you, and please remember to leave feedback!!! 

Get a PS4 or $375 Conga Line, proof of payouts to CAGs in OP!