Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#121 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Hmmmm might get Sleeping Dogs and LittleBigPlanet Kart, thanks for the heads up.

659629.png?68329996

#122 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:27 AM

Oh WOW!:hot: Just looked it up! Good deal for both of you!

About the display....1 time I had to turn it on 3 times before it would stay on. The 3D on it is good, but I didn't get around to figuring out how to make it not come on automatically. I'm used to my TV asking me if I want to play/watch in 3D. The 3D on the display was automatic. Not cool holding up an entire team, while I run into my living room for the glasses, when just hoping into an online game of Ratchet & Clank All 4 One!:-#

If you decide on it, be sure to get their warranty! Also, I saw a thread on SD about 40% off SquareTrade warranties.

I want a 40" from Sears or Kmart. Gonna use the $100 in SYWR they gave me from the Sears $97 32" TV cancellation fiasco the other day to get a $100 + tax 40" TV for my bedroom! Well, to TRY and get 1 of those deals.

Wait...what credit?!

#123 mike568

mike568

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

For the PlayStation 3D TV couldn't you buy it now at Bestbuy.com and choose in store pickup. I believe Best Buy policy is you are charged the store price once you pickup it up which should it be on Black Friday. This is not a price adjust it should be done automatically. FYI once you order online for in store pickup it will do a pre-authorization charge of the full $179.99 +tax. I don't won't anything on the unannounced Black Friday deals. This will NOT work on the stuff already officially announced because it won't let you choose in store pickup for those items.

#124 SnoT

SnoT

Twat Twat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Bah if I hadn't just bought another new gun I would have got the 3D screen. :(

SnoT8282.png

#125 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Wait...what credit?!

Sears oversold a bunch of the 32" 1080P Seiki TVs that were $97! A number of us got the credit for cancelled orders. I was like:shock:!

I ordered the 32 inch TV when the deal went live as well and they cancelled on me earlier today. I did just now get an email though apologizing for my order being cancelled and that they also rewarded me 100,000 points ($100) to my SYWR account that needs to be used before 12/24 so everyone who had their order cancelled check your email!

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332242

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#126 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

This reminds me kind of like AC revelations last year where it was a very last minute leak. So this is probable. I am hoping so cause I can very much easily score dishonored at bb than Walmart plus I have $45 in certs that I saved to use.

xivpads.png

#127 Speedfreak3750

Speedfreak3750

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

I'm looking to get Sleeping Dogs. I see its on that list. Does anyone know who will have it for sale online? I'm not into these doorbuster deals.

#128 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

Sears oversold a bunch of the 32" 1080P Seiki TVs that were $97! A number of us got the credit for cancelled orders. I was like:shock:!

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=332242

Fuck!!! I always miss out on shit like this!

#129 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

I'm looking to get Sleeping Dogs. I see its on that list. Does anyone know who will have it for sale online? I'm not into these doorbuster deals.

Best Buy will have unadvertised offers on many gaming items for Black Friday (running in stores and online). I'm not able to provide proof in this post, but just checkout BestBuy.com when the sale goes live to see the offers. Here are some of the items available and pricing:

It would seem so...

xivpads.png

#130 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Damn it I want that 3D display but the failure rates worry me...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#131 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:02 AM

Quick question: forgive my ignorance.

I know BB isn't PM'ing BF deals, but is that just to other stores? I purchased two of the 3D units within the last 60 days (Silver member) -- if I show up on BF can I have them PM the price to $99? Again, sorry if this has been asked/explained elsewhere -- I do know they aren't PMing deals, just wasn't sure if that meant there own.

I want to know this too. I'd go pick it up now and not have to wait in a line on BF, just waltz up to customer service after the hordes.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#132 GaMeR_2007

GaMeR_2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:05 AM

Damn it I want that 3D display but the failure rates worry me...

Yeah I know what you mean. There are protection plans available through geek squad though. But honestly after seeing some reviews on YT, I think I'll probably pass.

#133 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

that ps3 display probably is probably one of the richest color screen i have ever seen.

#134 Vice

Vice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

I will buy that 3D display for $100. And I have a $25 gift card. I'm salivating just thinking about that. Thank you OP, if this is legit.

#135 Tdog987

Tdog987

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

So when do these online deals start?

#136 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:20 AM

that ps3 display probably is probably one of the richest color screen i have ever seen.

I would have to agree. I know the picture quality is much better than that 32" proscan HDTV...but my wife wants me to get the 32" instead of the Sony.

Question then is... Smaller display but better picture quality or larger TV and lower picture quality.

#137 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:22 AM

The TV is a gamble. I took mine back after a day. It kept randomly powering off..

also there was extreme color bleeding on the normal non 3d setting from time to time and the only way to fix it was to cycle through the 3d settings and go back to normal.

Then it would happen again an hour later.

IF it works as intended it is fantastic. The 3d is great, the colors are great and the 120hz refresh rate is fantastic.

#138 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

I'm a gambling man, $99 + $20 for 2 years protection = worth the risk.

People hate Geek Squad's warranty but I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Only annoying thing is long waiting times for replacements, but worth it imho.

#139 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

When will the deal live?

#140 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

When will the deal live?

Sometime Thursday or Friday.
Posted Image

http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=272112

Sign up under me a receive FREE X-Box 360 games. You can get CoD: Black Ops, Rock Band 3, Fable 3, Fallout: New Vegas, and MORE!

#141 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:46 AM

Regarding the $99 Sony PS3 3D monitor..that's a good deal yes, but
there are couple of things, people should know if they indeed to use it either as a TV or PC monitor besides PS3 gaming

a) It DOES NOT have a TV Tuner - Inputs are: 2 HDMI or 1 Component input, 1 stereo and 1 head phone (ok for satellite or cablebox use but no ATSC cable or over-the-air tuner)

b) It is GLOSSY or GLARING, (not Matte finish), so make sure you have a dark room otherwise you can see a lot reflection especially movies with dark scenes.

c) No PC VGA (analog) or DVI input. So, PC must have HDMI or covert using DVI-HDMI or VGA-HDMI adapter or cable. Certain PC display adapter may not be able to display in clear 1920x1080 screen in crisp mode - it depends on your adapter.. the text could be fuzzy.

d) 3D glass - this is active shutter, must be charged up.. pretty expensive to replace - so be careful with them.

e) Yes, it is true 50/50 chance that they're defective (blank out, random shut off, color bleeding, etc after 1-2 weeks of normal use) - have to be replaced by Sony thru RMA. It's NO USE even with protection plan from Best Buy because they'll give another defective one to you out from the box. It won't fix the issue. Only the RMA ones will be fixed when you return it.

f) No remote included, the buttons are difficult to reach (facing the back).
You need to get the new PS3 bluetooth remote ($20-$25).

h) The audio is ok.. but kinda of soft in some movies.

Other than those above issues, I find the following nice things

1. It is a great monitor for PS3 gaming!
2. Beautiful 3D.. good for gaming and watching 3D movies
3. Great Simulview gaming (limited to some games) with a friend
4. Looks like a GIANT PSP box. Looks good in your room. :)

#142 strawyleader997

strawyleader997

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

I paid $170 for my 3d display, I totally regret it.

#143 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

So whats the best way to get warranty for the Sony TV?

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#144 shortyman920

shortyman920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

Wow. I bought that tv for $190 just 3 months ago. Christ...

#145 htz

htz

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

I notice my 3d display turns on by itself, that is the only problem I have with it so far since the 2 months I owned it. I have no idea what is causing it but so far its minor since it does shut off by itself within 5 seconds.

#146 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

Can you do PC 3D gaming on the Sony Display?

#147 shortyman920

shortyman920

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I paid $170 for my 3d display, I totally regret it.

Same...

#148 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

Sometime Thursday or Friday.

Oh I need to divide some attention on Best Buy...Best Buy 3D TV or amazon lightning deal...on the horns of dilemma...

#149 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Can you do PC 3D gaming on the Sony Display?

yes.. but it is limited. You need some kind of a extra driver and
only certain display adapter can work.. like Nvidia.

It wasn't really designed for PC use.

#150 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:01 AM

If anyone is looking for glasses for this, try Target for $20 or Kmart for $14.9x. Ymmv, of course. With Target having the more recently known price.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png