Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#1471 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

Oh dear god, it's been on for an hour and it just now flickered off for a few seconds then back on.

But it flickered in 3D, didn't it?

I went by the endcaps at my Best Buy the other day. There were loud game sounds coming from one. That was the 360 demo setup.

The PS3 endcap was silent: the 3D Display was dark.

The red light was on.

#1472 ragingst0rm6

ragingst0rm6

Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:32 AM

So, I just popped in Killzone 3, and I'm getting some terribly choppy sound on the 3D display. It's pretty bad (I highly doubt this is acceptable for most people); any ideas on how to fix it?

Ok, it might have been the HDMI cable connection. I reset the System Settings -> Display Settings -> Video Output -> HDMI -> Automatic, and now it's working!
vTIvNK1.gif hlCUS8Z.gif

Spoiler

#1473 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Is the display supposed to turn off if you turn off your PS3?

I've had some weird things happen already, a lot like this.

But it flickered in 3D, didn't it?

Actually, no. I've only used the 3D once. Every time it's flickered is when I'm just browsing the internet.

Ok, it might have been the HDMI cable connection. I reset the System Settings -> Display Settings -> Video Output -> HDMI -> Automatic, and now it's working!

I got extremely choppy sound, but only for a second while playing 360. It fixed itself so I really don't know what caused it.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#1474 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

Note: Headphone jack absolutely sucks on this monitor. So much hissing! I've also found it needs a good 10 minutes to warm up, at which point the majority of the ghosting in regular 2D gaming goes away.
www.bighugenerd.com

#1475 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:41 AM

So far I got no other problems than that and I hope it stays that way.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1476 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

So far I got no other problems than that and I hope it stays that way.

If you turn on the Fast On option, it will turn on and off with your PS3 etc.
www.bighugenerd.com

#1477 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

If you turn on the Fast On option, it will turn on and off with your PS3 etc.

That's weird. It only turns off when I turn my ps3 off but not vice versa.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#1478 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

That's weird. It only turns off when I turn my ps3 off but not vice versa.

Weird. Mine turns on when my PS3 goes on, and turns into standby when it goes off. You sure you have Fast Start on? Your standby light will be orange if that function is on, and red if it's off.
www.bighugenerd.com

#1479 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:01 PM

Can I hook this up to my laptop and watch 3D videos on youtube (or where ever) or will the 3D only work with the PS3?
Posted Image

#1480 Pericynthion

Pericynthion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:30 AM

Mine just arrived and also has scratches along the front lower bezel of the actual monitor. Otherwise the product doesn't look "used," just poorly packaged and shipped. All other components have protective stuff along them, etc. Nothing looked unboxed. Setting it up now... :pray:

Mine was the same - no external packing (same as everyone else), and on the monitor what look like fine scratches, or streaks under the bottom front bezel. The screen looked like it had been wiped over with a cloth or something (not what you would normally see from a factory unit I'd guess), but that cleared up easily with a microfibre cloth.

I can't see the scratches now the TV is upright, but I'll have to check again in the morning in better, natural light.

TBH I'm 50/50 glad/sad if its a refurb - from what I read the refurb units have got a much better chance of lasting and I figure for $99 I got what I paid for.

Anyways - you're not alone with what you got. I'm just letting mine warm up to room temperature before I start plugging stuff in - and then the real questions will be answered :roll:

#1481 Gumbie

Gumbie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Got my 3D display today. Shipping in box and everything looks great...only problem is the glasses don't work. I plugged them in to charge, turned the battery switch on and...nothing. I guess I'm going to call Best Buy and go to battle tomorrow...sucks.

#1482 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

Mine was the same - no external packing (same as everyone else), and on the monitor what look like fine scratches, or streaks under the bottom front bezel. The screen looked like it had been wiped over with a cloth or something (not what you would normally see from a factory unit I'd guess), but that cleared up easily with a microfibre cloth.

I can't see the scratches now the TV is upright, but I'll have to check again in the morning in better, natural light.

TBH I'm 50/50 glad/sad if its a refurb - from what I read the refurb units have got a much better chance of lasting and I figure for $99 I got what I paid for.

Anyways - you're not alone with what you got. I'm just letting mine warm up to room temperature before I start plugging stuff in - and then the real questions will be answered :roll:

As I said earlier, it's a piece of film over the lower bezel. Just remove it. It's NOT scratched.
www.bighugenerd.com

#1483 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:07 AM

Got my 3D display today. Shipping in box and everything looks great...only problem is the glasses don't work. I plugged them in to charge, turned the battery switch on and...nothing. I guess I'm going to call Best Buy and go to battle tomorrow...sucks.

You sure they're not working? What were you testing with?
www.bighugenerd.com

#1484 Gumbie

Gumbie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

You sure they're not working? What were you testing with?

I've plugged them into my PS3 and PC using the supplied usb charge cable. I haven't got the first light on the indicator. I've double checked battery switch is on and tried to unplug the charging cable to turn on..nothing

#1485 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

I've plugged them into my PS3 and PC using the supplied usb charge cable. I haven't got the first light on the indicator. I've double checked battery switch is on and tried to unplug the charging cable to turn on..nothing

When I connect a microUSB cable to the glasses, and the other end to my iMac, I get no red light on the glasses until I turn the glasses to ON. If you're still having issues, then yeah the glasses are dead. Shame. My glasses came with charge out of the box, and immediately worked with a few 3D games I tested.
www.bighugenerd.com

#1486 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

this display came.. but boy the box looks beat up..
are we able to replace it?

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D
Amazon Prime for Students: Sign up HERE

#1487 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:47 AM

this display came.. but boy the box looks beat up..
are we able to replace it?

Replace the box? I doubt it? Mine also came badly scrunched, but the screen was fine inside (thus far).
www.bighugenerd.com

#1488 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

got to test it out soon. moving out of the States.. with this big heavy thingum

Green Man Gaming: Get both of us $2 Credit by signing an account through my referral link HERE and spend $2! :D

#1489 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

You have to turn on the battery switch AND hold the power button on top of the glasses for 2 seconds.

BTW, been using mine and everything looks great so far. Knock on wood

#1490 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

You have to turn on the battery switch AND hold the power button on top of the glasses for 2 seconds.

BTW, been using mine and everything looks great so far. Knock on wood

I didn't have to hold the power button. I just plugged the glasses into my computer. Switching to ON on the battery gave me the red light.
www.bighugenerd.com

#1491 atomsk44

atomsk44

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

To follow up:

Called BB this morning assuming the worst (had made my order during the friday afternoon glitch), with every intention of cancelling the order

To my surprise, a store 20 minutes away had them! Just got home from picking it up (they actually had another on the shelf for the non-sale price)

Got the warranty just based on the reputation.

(also they sent me a 20 dollar gift code because it was unavailable in store for the initial order, score!)
attackslug.com

#1492 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

has anyone received their killzone trilogy/dualshock bundle yet? i've received literally everything I ordered BUT that, the one thing I actually do want to get asap.

#1493 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Anyone else who got the Killzone/DualShock bundle get two Killzone 3 discs?

#1494 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

has anyone received their killzone trilogy/dualshock bundle yet? i've received literally everything I ordered BUT that, the one thing I actually do want to get asap.

got the bundle. have yet to unpack

#1495 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

for the guys with the 3D Display, does the display 3Dify anything you throw on it?

meaning Netflix etc..

#1496 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Just got my display about an hour ago. Looks great overall and the perfect size for my desk. No problems yet. Currently using it as a monitor for my laptop. Sound is good too.

Edit: Those of you who are complaining about scratches on the bezel, there's actually a sticker over it. Super transparent and super hard to notice. Peel that off and you should be fine.

#1497 bsmiff

bsmiff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

So I've put about 5 hours of BF3 in on my monitor and I can't complain at all. No flickering, no hissing through the headphone jack, all's well (knock on wood). The glare was a bitch playing in the afternoon today, makes me want some blackout curtains. Or maybe just some better weekend habits...

Oh, and I gave Motorstorm Apocalypse a shot. After two races I'll gladly pitch it to GS for $8 TIV, wowzer what a bad game IMO.

#1498 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

So I've put about 5 hours of BF3 in on my monitor and I can't complain at all. No flickering, no hissing through the headphone jack, all's well (knock on wood). The glare was a bitch playing in the afternoon today, makes me want some blackout curtains. Or maybe just some better weekend habits...

Oh, and I gave Motorstorm Apocalypse a shot. After two races I'll gladly pitch it to GS for $8 TIV, wowzer what a bad game IMO.

lol the headphone jack definitely hisses. I'll assume you don't hear it, - lucky for you!
www.bighugenerd.com

#1499 breakfuss

breakfuss

Pam Oliver Sex Tape

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

for the guys with the 3D Display, does the display 3Dify anything you throw on it?

meaning Netflix etc..

Not that I'm aware of. I could be wrong, though. The only 3D modes I've toggled through have been full, side-by-side and top-bottom. Haven't seen any conversion options.

#1500 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:43 AM

Unsure if it's Light Bleed since it doesn't show up on Black Screens, but on my PS Home Screen it seems that I have some in the top right corner along the right side. Not enough to bother exchanging it though. Simulview is really cool. I can't see the other screen AT ALL when wearing the glasses. Wish more games supported it.