Photo
- - - - -

Unadvertised Best Buy Black Friday Offers Now Live - Playstation 3D Display $99.99

• Please log in to reply
1539 replies to this topic

#181 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

for those of you that want a good monitor for under 100$ on black friday, this will be $78 at dell.com

http://blackfriday.c...t-model-in2030m
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#182 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Skimmed the last few pages, didn't see this asked: Can you order these online for in store pickup on black friday?

Customer service is closed on Black Friday. They reopen for the weekend.

Customer Service ≠ Store Pickup.

#183 BuDdyLe

BuDdyLe

Dat CAG though.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

When I first saw price for the Playstation 3D monitor I had no question that it was going to be a buy for me. Bust after reading all these negative reviews and its cons...makes you think why this thing tanked so bad. I can see sony releasing a newmodel though maybe with a tvtuner/apps included. And yet....$99 maybe too hard to pass up.

"They should fist that f :cold: ker with a RockSalt Gauntlet"

#184 dracula

dracula

i'll buy that for a dolla

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Customer Service ≠ Store Pickup.

in past years, BB would have limited quantities of their doorbuster games and 3 month xbox live cards for sale on their website at the reduced prices.

they didnt have free shipping, but you could order online and have them ship it to you for a few bucks.
"If it ain't fifty cents then I dont want it."

http://www.cheapassg...171#post1074171

Posted Image

#185 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

I can see sony releasing a newmodel though maybe with a tvtuner/apps included.

I can also see the product manager begging for a job at Coby or Seiki, and the Sony TV division guys saying, "yeah, that's why we didn't want anything to do with SCEA and this POS..."

We shall see. If they're capable of the Super Slim, any abomination is possible.

#186 Lienwrath

Lienwrath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Might finally be time to get a Move set. $40 for what I was about to buy at Wal-Mart for $80 last week, plus it comes with LBP2. Mmm. Probably gonna spring for Dishonored from BB and a 3 month XBL card too. Thanks OP, pretty sure I can avoid the ****fest Wal-Mart will be altogether now.

#187 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

The playstion 3d display has a 240 hz panel and has motionflow 240 on at all times. A lot of high end SONY tech crammed in this thing is why it was $500 this time last year. The picture quality is EXCELLENT. Don't believe me. Get one for yourself and see. Great deal I'm in for one more.

Wait.. doesn't all that garbage add to input lag? I thought this was a gaming monitor! what the hecks the response time on this thing. That has me kinda worried

Customer service is closed on Black Friday. They reopen for the weekend.

I think all online orders are for shipping only. I think the in-store pickup option is disabled during BF weekend.

ya as someone else said.. customer service has nothing to do with BF. Anyone KNOW if in store pickup is disabled durring BF weekend? Im not gonna be braving the stores for these things.

in past years, BB would have limited quantities of their doorbuster games and 3 month xbox live cards for sale on their website at the reduced prices.

they didnt have free shipping, but you could order online and have them ship it to you for a few bucks.

Hmm well as a silver member shipping is free anyway i think. So in general none of the BF stuff is avalible for shipping online then, right? Too bad. Now just wondering about store pickup.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#188 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

I thought that it's 120 hz instead of 240 hz. Anyway people. Do you really want to go through all the headaches and even pay for shipping to send this TV monitor back to Sony when it breaks down on you within the first month or so? That's too much trouble. What Sony should have done is to recall all of these units from the seller and fix them. But nooooo. Sony would rather you PAY the shipping cost in sending them back. Make no mistake: this monitor will break on you. Not worth the hassle at any price let alone $100.

The playstion 3d display has a 240 hz panel and has motionflow 240 on at all times. A lot of high end SONY tech crammed in this thing is why it was $500 this time last year. The picture quality is EXCELLENT. Don't believe me. Get one for yourself and see. Great deal I'm in for one more.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#189 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:05 AM

I thought that it's 120 hz instead of 240 hz. Anyway people. Do you really want to go through all the headaches and even pay for shipping to send this TV monitor back to Sony when it breaks down on you within the first month or so? That's too much trouble. What Sony should have done is to recall all of these units from the seller and fix them. But nooooo. Sony would rather you PAY the shipping cost in sending them back. Make no mistake: this monitor will break on you. Not worth the hassle at any price let alone $100.

Yup, im out of it.

Will try to get a different TV or monitor.

#190 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Like that other guy, I'm hoping for a new and improved model and bigger screen.

#191 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

Sony pays shipping on warranty issues.

Had mine for a few months, never saw a blackout yet, knock on wood. But I don't use it every day. $100 is practically just the cost of the glasses, game and hdmi cable.

#192 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thinking of getting one of those monitors for my Desktop, would that work good for that purpose?

#193 Sizzler7

Sizzler7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

I've had one of the monitors since the summer when it was $199 used it for the computer, PS3 and Blu-Ray haven't had any issues with it. The 3D is pretty good but just tried that out not interested in using that really. I sold the copy of Motorstorm that come with it for 20-30 I think which made the monitor even cheaper. I think $99 is a no brainer the service issues are exaggerated it seems to me.

#194 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think I will get the 3D Display and watch a couple of 3D Blus I own.

#195 argyle

argyle

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

I've had one of the monitors since the summer when it was $199 used it for the computer, PS3 and Blu-Ray haven't had any issues with it. The 3D is pretty good but just tried that out not interested in using that really. I sold the copy of Motorstorm that come with it for 20-30 I think which made the monitor even cheaper. I think $99 is a no brainer the service issues are exaggerated it seems to me.

That's why people say it's 50/50 - there's an equal chance you're unit won't have issues as it will. I thought I'd gamble with the odds, I lowered the brightness as someone recommended thinking that would help, I'm always super careful with my stuff - and it just quit. I didn't want to hassle with sending it back, personally. What we're telling everyone is that know going in that it's a gamble, and be prepared to have to send it in because that's a strong possibility.

It's great that you've had good luck with yours, and I hope everyone else who decides to bite does as well. It's just good to be informed going in.
Posted Image

#196 DeskLaser

DeskLaser

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have had one of the 3D monitors for a few months now and have had no problems with it. The only thing I did see was to make sure you turn down the brightness a few notches after you get it set up. The default setting is at max, which is likely causing the backlight to burn out and cause the flickering issues that some people have been reporting.
Posted Image

#197 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

All these naysayers about the 3D display, just have to throw my 2 cents in on every one of these threads. Bought one when it hit $250 or so, that was like in March. It is on every night in my kids room for an hour, not one problem. Even left it on once for 8 hours, granted on a Roku screen saver, still cool to the touch.

If I don't run out of money, I am buying another one just too keep boxed up (after testing of course) in the event the one I do have fails, but I seriously doubt it will. I love the unit, you're not going to find a nice unit for $100 ever!
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#198 Logical Dolphin

Logical Dolphin

TIME PARADOX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

When I first saw price for the Playstation 3D monitor I had no question that it was going to be a buy for me. Bust after reading all these negative reviews and its cons...makes you think why this thing tanked so bad. I can see sony releasing a newmodel though maybe with a tvtuner/apps included. And yet....$99 maybe too hard to pass up.

There is no way that Sony is going to be releasing another PS branded monitor. While this was a good product, it was way overpriced by the time it came out. TVs in particular have much more price elasticity, and can dip in price by a few hundred dollars in a few weeks.

If Sony does do a similar product, it will probably be an actual Sony TV product and not a PS accessory...

#199 FFlakes

FFlakes

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

If it dies in a month, you could just return it to best buy. Chances are good if it goes past jan?

#200 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Like that other guy, I'm hoping for a new and improved model and bigger screen.

Sony is coming out with bigger ones that's why they are getting rid of these.

#201 midloo

midloo

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

And they are likely getting rid of these because of the MASSIVE number of customers who have had problems with them. I'm one of them. I've always been a fan of Sony products. This 3D monitor was my most disappointing experience with any of them. After 3 months of very light use (less than 5 hours a week), the monitor wouldn't turn on. The problems began almost immediately with very short black outs on the screen. These became longer and longer to the point that the monitor would no longer work. I'd think twice about whether a $100 monitor is worth all the potential issues.
Posted Image

#202 Jiggadabaptist

Jiggadabaptist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

This monitor is somewhat annoying; yeah it CAN be a great monitor at times. But other times it will get on your nerves. Got it as a gift when it was $179, saw that it was on sale less than a week later for $159, so took the receipt and got the price adjusted, got some extra glasses and a long warranty.

The thing worked great, started playing some NBA 2k, and noticed that Jeremy Lin's Rockets Jersey had a red trail behind it. Ended up cycling through 3D modes and that fixed it. That happens randomly if the Monitor has been off for a while and you turn it on. So far I've had it for 2 and a half months and have experienced 6 or 7 blackouts, each one lasting about 2 to 3 seconds. They are so random, it will do it and then won't do it for a couple of weeks, and then it'll be 2 quick ones, one after the other.

I'm waiting on using the warranty until the thing completely fails. Man I thought I had gotten a great deal on one of the good ones, I mean I guess mine is better than most, but it's still pretty crappy that I'm practically waiting for the issues.

If you pick it up, good luck, hopefully it works out for you, but in the event it goes sour, hey at least you knew it was coming and got to enjoy it for a time...

#203 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

$10 for a Move Sharpshooter is pretty good!

#204 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:29 PM

Hoping I can snag a couple of these games at BBY. But I'll do what I did last year, buy them while I'm at Walmart, then rebuy them if they're still at BBY, and sell/trade the extras.

#205 UnseenGamer7

UnseenGamer7

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I would love to pick up dishonored and skyrim for 25 as gifts. Does anyone remember when the sales went live online last year?

#206 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Actually, they are not. They had made some vague announcements of an updated version last year, but it appears that is no longer happening.

#207 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

I would love to pick up dishonored and skyrim for 25 as gifts. Does anyone remember when the sales went live online last year?

between 6-7 AM EST on Thursday morning.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#208 erwos

erwos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:54 PM

If the PS3D Display actually had a VESA mount in back, I'd probably risk it at $100... need a TV for the workshop. Anyone ever actually wall-mounted one?

#209 suddenlyissoon

suddenlyissoon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hmm, wonder if anybody in my family is looking for a new computer monitor

Good price on that display, would consider the move bundle just to have an extra set of stuff, guess I don't need the camera though

Do not do this to them. The 3D monitor makes a HORRIBLE computer monitor. I bought one about a month back and returned it the very next day. Text is absolutely awful on it.

#210 tmly

tmly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

This monitor is somewhat annoying; yeah it CAN be a great monitor at times. But other times it will get on your nerves. Got it as a gift when it was $179, saw that it was on sale less than a week later for $159, so took the receipt and got the price adjusted, got some extra glasses and a long warranty.

The thing worked great, started playing some NBA 2k, and noticed that Jeremy Lin's Rockets Jersey had a red trail behind it. Ended up cycling through 3D modes and that fixed it. That happens randomly if the Monitor has been off for a while and you turn it on. So far I've had it for 2 and a half months and have experienced 6 or 7 blackouts, each one lasting about 2 to 3 seconds. They are so random, it will do it and then won't do it for a couple of weeks, and then it'll be 2 quick ones, one after the other.

I'm waiting on using the warranty until the thing completely fails. Man I thought I had gotten a great deal on one of the good ones, I mean I guess mine is better than most, but it's still pretty crappy that I'm practically waiting for the issues.

If you pick it up, good luck, hopefully it works out for you, but in the event it goes sour, hey at least you knew it was coming and got to enjoy it for a time...

That's because J Lin is just too quick!