Black Friday horror stories 2012

It went so smooth this year that I have no stories to share at all. A bit disappointing yet, at the same time I'm glad it wasn't a bad shopping experience.

I went to my local Target and it was extremely organized. There had of been at least 500 people, and my estimate could be way off). But yeah, they were prepping us about 15 minutes before doors opened. Telling us where things were, not to run, etc. And best of all, they had two express lanes reserved JUST for REDcard members, which I am. It was a great experience.

Live way too close to a mall and it's a goddamn bitch to travel anywhere in the area from now until mid-January. The location causes chokes points to both the freeway and all the backroads. fuck you herd, see you on Cyber Monday.

The lights went out at my Wal-Mart literally 2 minutes after the lines started moving. Right when the deals went live, you just heard the lights go out and everyone gasped and then laughed. Guess it truly was 'Black' Friday.

[quote name='whoknows']Those videos are great.

Gotta get those cheap towels and dvds!![/QUOTE]

Nothing like a good fight over some cheap crap ;)

Wow well it seems there have been no reports of riots or violence this year. Maybe all the Thursday night early openings helped ease the usual pressure.

What is with the all the towels being bought? I can't believe people can justify acting like this to save money on some stupid shit they won't be using 3 months down the line. I've gone BF shopping one time. I was about 15 (6-7 years ago). I was visiting my friend in Iowa and he decided he wanted a tv. So we waited at Target in the freezing cold for hours. Then, when they were about to open up, a big group of people showed up in the parking lot and rushed the doors as we were being let in. Luckily I was small enough that I snuck through the crowd and grabbed one of the tv's for him. Never again though. People are unreal

bread's done
Back