• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:05 AM

Completely different versions.

FFIV for the DS was basically a complete retooling of the graphics and added CGs and what not to it, but most notably in 3D.

PSP version is more of a mega boost of the original game, but still maintaining some of the feel and classical looks of the original game.

Also as others have mentioned it does come with after years as well, but the DS and the PSP versions will be greatly different so if you pick it up they won't really be the same experience because of how different they are.

Here's a small comparison in what I mean if you still don't understand,

Posted Image

Oh damn the PSP version doesn't have the garbage 3D models. I now regret not buying it.

#32 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

The PSP version also has The After Years (a previously Wiiware-only direct sequel).

I would almost definitely grab FFIV right now if it didn't mean having to update my PSP firmware.. which is no easy task right now, if you know what I mean.

If you are talking about CFW the screen has really improve. If it is hard for you then you havent been up to date.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#33 portnoyd

portnoyd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Oh damn the PSP version doesn't have the garbage 3D models. I now regret not buying it.

Yeah, I played through both DS and PSP versions and the DS version is inferior to the PSP version. The 3D is not a welcome change and they made some changes on the DS version that threw me for a loop (like removing Weak/Tornado working on the dark elf dragon form). Also getting After Years is a bonus but holy crap, is it both hard and unbalanced.

#34 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:11 AM

Gah, after further considering I decided to bite on Tactics Ogre since a few of you here said it was so great. Amazon is fast today; they already had my FF4 ready so I couldn't alter that order and had to make a new one. Not a big deal though, I added a cool dinosaur figure I'd been eyeing for awhile with it so other than having the games come in separate orders I think it worked out alright. I don't have any experience with the Ogre series, but Wiki said it's made by some of the same people who made FFT, so it sounds like a solid impulse buy.

Great decision, you won't regret it!

#35 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

Just an FYI for everybody who thinks FFIV can't be ordered. It is just "Temporarily Out of Stock" and you can still check out with it, so as long as you have some patience you can still order it and get it for the $9.99 price. It was mentioned once above, but I don't think anybody caught it, so I'm posting it again.
Posted Image

#36 Chux

Chux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

Wish they were digital copies for my new Vita. Picked up TO at Full Price a few days ago and NO REGRETS. Such an awesome game.

#37 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:57 AM

Looks like newegg price patched Kingdom Hearts BBS, Tactics Ogre and The 3rd Birthday.

#38 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Final Fantasy 2 is $5.25 for those interested.

20 left in stock.

http://www.amazon.co...asy&tag=yjtv-20

#39 Cap'n_RDM

Cap'n_RDM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:02 AM

Final Fantasy 2 is $5.25 for those interested.

20 left in stock.

http://www.amazon.co...asy&tag=yjtv-20

Thanks! Snagged one!
Now Playing:
:ps3: Mortal Kombat
:wii: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
:psp: The 3rd Birthday
:ds: Pokemon Black

#40 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:03 AM

I did end up getting a copy of FFIV with the Vita bundle on sale today. Thanks!

#41 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

How do you lock down a copy at Amazon?

#42 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

#43 cartman414

cartman414

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

Option doesn't exist for Dissidia, sadly. Sold out?