$3.99 Blu-ray Sale at Amazon

Thanks.

I had ordered The Last Samurai and No Country for Old Men yesterday. No Country was $5.00 yesterday, but it hadn't shipped yet so I was able to cancel it and reorder.

I was automatically signed up for Prime when I registered my Kindle and I guess the faster shipping is working against me as some of my purchases have gone down in price and there's no way to cancel and reorder. What's the link for the Amazon pricematch request if Best Buy sells it cheaper and if Amazon lowers some of its prices before it ships, can you call them up? Being its Thanksgiving, do they have people picking up phone calls or do they have that outsourced like I remember.

[quote name='consoleman']I was automatically signed up for Prime when I registered my Kindle and I guess the faster shipping is working against me as some of my purchases have gone down in price and there's no way to cancel and reorder. What's the link for the Amazon pricematch request if Best Buy sells it cheaper and if Amazon lowers some of its prices before it ships, can you call them up? Being its Thanksgiving, do they have people picking up phone calls or do they have that outsourced like I remember.[/QUOTE]

I have Prime too, just ordered late enough yesterday that it hadn't shipped yet.

You can e-mail CS and ask about price matches. I know when it comes to them adjusting when their price drops it's a crap shoot. Sometimes they'll do it, other times they won't (policy is to not--they don't have a 30 day low price guarantee or anything like that).

I'm not sure what their policy is on matching other retailers. My inkling is that they usually don't do it since they're are usually threads here and in the game deals forum with people saying they hope Amazon drops their price to match--if they had a consistent price matching policy that would be a moot point.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I have Prime too, just ordered late enough yesterday that it hadn't shipped yet.

You can e-mail CS and ask about price matches. I know when it comes to them adjusting when their price drops it's a crap shoot. Sometimes they'll do it, other times they won't (policy is to not--they don't have a 30 day low price guarantee or anything like that).

I'm not sure what their policy is on matching other retailers. My inkling is that they usually don't do it since they're are usually threads here and in the game deals forum with people saying they hope Amazon drops their price to match--if they had a consistent price matching policy that would be a moot point.[/QUOTE]

Placed an order right before midnight last night before some of the BB pricematches expire thinking I can sleep on it and cancel some items this morning in case some of the prices drop this morning. Sure enough some of the $5.99 movies drop to $3.99 but my order ends up with a status of 'Shipping Soon' and try as I might to cancel them, it just won't give.

I guess I'll email their CS and see if they will match the lower competitor price. Really miss the old days when Amazon would do this without a problem when they lower their own prices especially when something hasn't shipped.

Thanks, grabbed 6. I don't care about the special features ever so some good movies for $4 each is awesome to me.

Also went with the slower shipping and grabbed $5 in streaming credits. (One of the movies didn't qualify for the promotion.)

Grabbed Collateral after seeing it on HBO the other night. Forgot just how good that movie was. Also got it in my quick picks for an extra $.20 off rofl.

Guess it doesn't pay to order things too fast with Amazon. Used the 'Chat' option to contact one of their CS reps. No go on canceling any items and when I asked how to go about how to let Amazon know about lower prices so they could possibly match it, she hadn't a clue and just forward me to their generic page on pricing.

Really wish Amazon would match WalMart's $4 price on The Princess Bride. I submitted a price match request, but we'll see if they go for it.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Really wish Amazon would match WalMart's $4 price on The Princess Bride. I submitted a price match request, but we'll see if they go for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be all over that too. As it is, guess I'm going to Wal-mart in an hour.

Thanks for the post! Got Iron Man 2.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Nice, snagged Hall Pass & Sherlock Holmes as gifts and Sucker Punch & Dumb and Dumber for myself.[/QUOTE]

Nice picks. Guess no one enjoy Yes Man?

i thought i posted here but kill bil vol 1 is no longer $4. it sucks cuz i dont want to buy 1 without the other.

Correction: Both vol 1 and vol 2 are already back up to like $13-20. Not aq very long price match. I hope they truly mean that when black friday officially hits that theyll price match everything best buy has for black friday. IT was said weeks ago that they would. I hope so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GrimmTrixX']i thought i posted here but kill bil vol 1 is no longer $4. it sucks cuz i dont want to buy 1 without the other.

Correction: Both vol 1 and vol 2 are already back up to like $13-20. Not aq very long price match. I hope they truly mean that when black friday officially hits that theyll price match everything best buy has for black friday. IT was said weeks ago that they would. I hope so.[/QUOTE]

It still is, its just backordered. You have to click on the list of sellers and choose Amazon. Same thing with Collateral, Shutter Island, etc. Currently they are showing third party prices because they are all backordered from Amazon.

ahh ok. so if i order it, and its backordered, ill still get the $4 price? Prime eligible?

Just ordered. All good. Thanks for the info my good sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if these will go back on sale tomorrow? I got a few but would like to get more and the Twilight series for my wife.

bread's done
Back