Photo
- - - - -

Groupon - Spend $10 Get $20 Toys R Us - IN STORE ONLY.

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:13 AM

Grabbed one. Thanks OP.
-Michael

Posted Image

#32 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:14 AM

Buy a candy bar and you'll be good.

Yeah, but with Groupons you don't *HAVE* to spend the full $20... you lose out on a penny of the value, drat.
-Michael

Posted Image

#33 cecilvaliant

cecilvaliant

King of CF Vanguard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:17 AM

So will this work with buying a bunch of them, transfering them to one gift card online? wonder if that glitch still works on this one.

#34 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

if the coupon is only good for $20 or more and ratchet is $19.99, then...

Edit: Ah, I see what you're saying. I'll snag whatever for under a dollar.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#35 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

Is TRU definitely carrying R&C Full Frontal Assault? I know they randomly like to not carry certain games...

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#36 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

For anyone who's interested, this would make Ratchet & Clank:Full Frontal Assault a $10+tax Day 1 purchase. I'm going to buy the disc version and it comes with the Vita download.

http://blog.us.plays...1127-for-19-99/

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=331645

So going to get this if TRU carries it. If not going to get a $20 PSN card, if that doesn't work friend will buy the coupon from me for $10. So no matter what I won't lose.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#37 espressoman

espressoman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Thanks OP! Great Groupon!

#38 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:10 AM

Turns out I had $10 Groupon bucks I hadn't spent, so looks like I got a $20 TRU GC for free.

Awesome possum!
Posted Image

#39 Faithful

Faithful

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Pretty sure I can find something to spend this on!

#40 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Grabbed one but skeptical. Really need an extra 360 controller for my PC and there's some on-sale at TRU, just hope they ain't cleaned out by 5pm.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#41 stevo1002

stevo1002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:58 AM

Same as many others, hoping for R&C Full Frontal. Thanks OP! The only thing that would make it better is if I had someone to refer to groupon to get it for free.

#42 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Had a Groupon Buck apparently left over so this was $9 for me! Thanks OP!
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#43 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Too bad my $15 Groupon 'Welcome Gift' expired mere days ago :bomb:

Oh well, still picked one up.
Posted Image

#44 Rae

Rae

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Anyone confirm this works for PSN cards? I've been meaning to buy some PSN games for awhile. It's not exactly a gift card.

#45 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

Chunli loves Chunli
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#46 drktrpr1

drktrpr1

Total GearsHead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

YMMV for using this on points/subscription cards, I'll say that much.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#47 fgnbtz

fgnbtz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

I wonder if you can buy a video game with the voucher for $20 then return it and then get the MSP with the returned credit?

#48 ElvinWasHere

ElvinWasHere

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:49 PM

Is TRU definitely carrying R&C Full Frontal Assault? I know they randomly like to not carry certain games...

True. Here's hoping.

#49 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

If anyone manages to get it to work on a PSN card be sure to let us know.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#50 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

If anyone manages to get it to work on a PSN card be sure to let us know.

It's going to be YMMV if it works or not. Last time when they had this offer up it didn't have all the fine print attached to the deal, and it also didn't work inherently in the store. The cashier had to get an override from a manager in order to get it to work. So if anybody is going to try and get this to work my advice is to not include the fine print portions below the coupon and just hand them the portion with the deal and bar code to scan in. So YMMV.
Posted Image

#51 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

It's going to be YMMV if it works or not. Last time when they had this offer up it didn't have all the fine print attached to the deal, and it also didn't work inherently in the store. The cashier had to get an override from a manager in order to get it to work. So if anybody is going to try and get this to work my advice is to not include the fine print portions below the coupon and just hand them the portion with the deal and bar code to scan in. So YMMV.

Oh I see. I guess its worth a try. Worst case scenario I come back with that Ratchet game or a Vita case instead.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#52 SOLDIER

SOLDIER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

What timezone is the Groupon using for its 5pm restriction?

#53 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

Apparently the Vita version won't be included with the PS3 retail version as it's been delayed until January.

http://www.gamespot....delayed-6400353

#54 Jedah Doma

Jedah Doma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

How would this work for the buy 1 get 1 for 40% off on Wii and Wii U games? Would it simply give you $20 off the total purchase or could you use two $20 groupons (for a total of $40) off the price of each individual game?

e.g.

$60 + $36 (40% off game) (-$20) = $76

or

$60 (-$20) + $36 (40%off) (-$20) = $56
Posted Image

#55 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

What timezone is the Groupon using for its 5pm restriction?

It's whatever timezone you're in. Even if it's PST, if you're on CST or EST time, it clearly states on the coupon it will work after 5PM, so it's not like they can say no when it clearly states it on their. My guess it probably is already active, but the fine print on there will probably let them turn it down. In any case, a manager can override it too if it doesn't work as long as you show them the fine print on the coupon page.

How would this work for the buy 1 get 1 for 40% off on Wii and Wii U games? Would it simply give you $20 off the total purchase or could you use two $20 groupons (for a total of $40) off the price of each individual game?

It's off the total purchase, and the coupon clearly states "Limit 1 Per Person." And you can only buy 1 coupon anyways during checkout, so there's really not much room for trying to abuse stacking here.
Posted Image

#56 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Apparently the Vita version won't be included with the PS3 retail version as it's been delayed until January.

EWWWW the compensation for not getting the Vita version is disgusting.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#57 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

It's whatever timezone you're in. Even if it's PST, if you're on CST or EST time, it clearly states on the coupon it will work after 5PM, so it's not like they can say no when it clearly states it on their. My guess it probably is already active, but the fine print on there will probably let them turn it down. In any case, a manager can override it too if it doesn't work as long as you show them the fine print on the coupon page.

It's off the total purchase, and the coupon clearly states "Limit 1 Per Person." And you can only buy 1 coupon anyways during checkout, so there's really not much room for trying to abuse stacking here.

I've ordered 2 for my sister under different e-mail;s in hoping they could stack but if they don't she would just use them individually.

#58 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

UGH!

First I was like........:bomb:

Then, I was like........:) but no longer :D

From that link you posted: "According to the PS Blog, it's still cross-buy as soon as it comes out on PS3; you just have to wait a while to actually play the Vita version."

Them and their delays, ugh! I guess I can wait. I'll play it in 3D until they release the Vita version.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#59 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

chunli loves chunli

Lol.:D

#60 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Even though the Vita version is delayed till January 2013, I'm still gonna get it.

http://blog.us.plays...ita-in-january/

"As a reward to fans for their patience, we will be giving them the first piece of DLC for the title, the Mini-Boss Skin Pack, as a bonus with their purchase of Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault for PS3. This skin pack features three fan-favorite boss characters from past Ratchet & Clank games, including Chainblade from Going Commando and the Two-eyed Tyrhrranoid from Up Your Arsenal. Take a peek at these new skins in the screen below."

"If you are an immediate buyer, we understand that it hurts. Regardless the game was always going to be 19.99 on PS3 (before the Vita / Cross-buy thing even happened) so it’s still a good value at that price, and you do eventually get the Vita version.
Combine that with the competitive mode which you can play for a while and which we plan to support out to even during the Vita launch, and there will be content to check out still"