PSP 3000 for $99 @ Amazon

I believe this was the price last Black Friday. Totally worth getting one if you're into roleplaying games.

[quote name='orcishlad']I believe this was the price last Black Friday. Totally worth getting one if you're into roleplaying games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I bought one of the Darth Vader bundles a couple years ago and the system is chock full of awesome RPGs and Strat-RPGS.

Man, I absolutely love this system. I also have the 3000 and it has been around the world with me time and again as a faithful, reliable game system. Take advantage of this price now and snag up all the PSP clearance and used games now as this is pretty much the last holiday season for the system.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Am I the only one who thinks this should be more like, $50? $99 seems really high.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

I was thinking about this before, but with the Vita discounted this just seems too high for something they won't really be supporting anymore.

[quote name='silkysmooth']It's a great deal just for the fact that there are many quality UMD only games out there.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. I've had mine for years, but even with the intention of eventually buying a Vita, i'm still grabbing up dirt cheap UMDs left and right.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']Am I the only one who thinks this should be more like, $50? $99 seems really high.[/QUOTE]
Not alone. I own a launch PSP-1001, and I think the system is great in many ways (though also flawed in a few), $99 is a bit too much for a 2005 system that has no more support at this point.

I can't justify a back-up one at $100. $50, yeah.

Must resist

I have issues

I have a psonecombo still sealed, a back up ps2 still sealed
and a 160 gig ps3 slim as a backup

Already have a psp and it is really durable but I want one JUST IN CASE

ahhhh

must wait for lower price

and drop already Growlanswer

[quote name='Chocoburger']Not alone. I own a launch PSP-1001, and I think the system is great in many ways (though also flawed in a few), $99 is a bit too much for a 2005 system that has no more support at this point.

I can't justify a back-up one at $100. $50, yeah.[/QUOTE]

GameBoy Advance never got cheaper than $79 or so brand new. DS Lite got down to what, $89? I don't think we'll ever see any handheld go for $50 brand new. But you can always dream.

[quote name='Chocoburger']Not alone. I own a launch PSP-1001, and I think the system is great in many ways (though also flawed in a few), $99 is a bit too much for a 2005 system that has no more support at this point.

I can't justify a back-up one at $100. $50, yeah.[/QUOTE]
The 1000 is worlds apart though in terms of screen quality and form factor (2000/3000 are much more lightweight and comfortable). I also own a launch 1000 and I'd say it's a really worthwhile upgrade.

Here's a comparison pic (not mine)
tn_dsc05001.jpg

[quote name='redline']GameBoy Advance never got cheaper than $79 or so brand new. DS Lite got down to what, $89? I don't think we'll ever see any handheld go for $50 brand new. But you can always dream.[/QUOTE]
Then dream I shall, good sir!
[quote name='excellen']The 1000 is worlds apart though in terms of screen quality and form factor (2000/3000 are much more lightweight and comfortable). I also own a launch 1000 and I'd say it's a really worthwhile upgrade.

Here's a comparison pic (not mine)
tn_dsc05001.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Don't you dare tempt me! I still enjoy my 1001, even with its issues. I don't need to spend more money when I'm waiting for a good PC monitor deal. Hey, if anyone knows about a great IPS monitor deal at 27 or 30 inches, let me know! :bouncy:

Sounds like it's time to stop buying "backup" systems! Just keep in mind that your current system is relatively unlikely to fail, you can always buy another one then if it does (might be even cheaper by that point) and then you can spend all the $ you save on more games.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Must resist

I have issues

I have a psonecombo still sealed, a back up ps2 still sealed
and a 160 gig ps3 slim as a backup

Already have a psp and it is really durable but I want one JUST IN CASE

ahhhh

must wait for lower price

and drop already Growlanswer[/QUOTE]

[quote name='excellen']The 1000 is worlds apart though in terms of screen quality and form factor (2000/3000 are much more lightweight and comfortable). I also own a launch 1000 and I'd say it's a really worthwhile upgrade.

Here's a comparison pic (not mine)[/QUOTE] interesting... the screen does look better.

i have a 1001 too and bought the 3000 once as a spare once, but i ended up returning it since i didn't think i would need it.
i do remember it feeling too light compared to 1001 though, like it was a plastic toy

[quote name='dfo']Sounds like it's time to stop buying "backup" systems! Just keep in mind that your current system is relatively unlikely to fail, you can always buy another one then if it does (might be even cheaper by that point) and then you can spend all the $ you save on more games.[/QUOTE]

I love seeing them on the shelf with my LEs and artbooks

I actually still use a 1001 too, I like how it feels heavy and high quality and the grooves on the back make it more comfortable to hold. They removed the eject mechanism from later psp models too which also made them seem cheaper.

When it comes to the screen though, 2000 is king between the models that support umd. 3000 has better colors, but it introduces scan lines:
http://news.cnet.com/sony-responds-to-psp-3000-screen-issues/

But a lot of people wont care/notice those. I barely notice the ghosting on my 1001 anymore after all these years because I've gotten so used to it. But if you can find a 2000 new for a price even remotely close to a 3000 I'd go for that.

Not bad, I considered this since the x button kinda sticks on my PSP now after a lot of use but I just bought a Vita so it will have to wait.

If I'm PS+, can I put Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions on this PSP, or is it Vita only? (FFT is free for members right now)

[quote name='choral_music']If I'm PS+, can I put Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions on this PSP, or is it Vita only? (FFT is free for members right now)[/QUOTE]

pretty sure u can (on PSP)

bread's done
Back