Photo
- - - - -

>IndieFort Countdown Bundle< 27 games, 6 OSTs and an add on for $10 (96% discount)

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:56 AM

Here's the email I received from Chris Hazard:

We have never provided nor agreed to provide Steam keys to any distributor, distribution, or individual other than the following 3 exceptions: preorders on our site (made before August 2011), bonus copies included with direct Steam retail purchases, and for small freebie giveaway promotions.

We delivered achrongame.com keys to GamersGate for this promotion in mid-November, the same way that we do for retail purchases for GamersGate and other distributors.

From what I've heard in the last day via a couple emails and instant messages from GamersGate is that it was a miscommunication internally within GamersGate / Indiefort.

We were not even aware that Indiefort customers had any expectation of Steam keys until just yesterday -- we heard that a couple of the other developers in the bundle were including them and we thought that was just a bonus.

It's hard for me to blame Gamersgate for much of this beyond simply having some shoddy communication/PR. I don't really get the sense that there was an attempt to deceive on anyone's part. Having said that, it probably would get them some good karma to give refunds/BC credit/something to those who complained at the least (and I could say the same about Hazardous).

gilby, you are to be commended on your stellar detective work in this matter. You've gone beyond the call of duty in attempting to sort this out, so :applause: for your efforts.
76561197989704676.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#122 echoMateria

echoMateria

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:13 AM

I nudged the GamersGate people some more about these issues, I hope they'll be resolved soon. Keep up the hope!
Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Vote YES to War of Human Tanks on Steam Greenlight!

#123 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:25 AM

OK, I'm just now getting around to getting my keys for the two bundles I bought. Weren't we supposed to get steam keys for Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece from the week 2 bundle? Did anybody else buy that bundle? Did you get a steam key for that? All I see is an activation serial key.

#124 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

OK, I'm just now getting around to getting my keys for the two bundles I bought. Weren't we supposed to get steam keys for Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece from the week 2 bundle? Did anybody else buy that bundle? Did you get a steam key for that? All I see is an activation serial key.

same, no steam key.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#125 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

I got an activation key and activated when I purchased it. I did purchase it the first day it was made available and activated it soon after.

#126 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Does the "activation key" work for steam? Because I assumed that it was used to activate the gamersgate version.

#127 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Does the "activation key" work for steam? Because I assumed that it was used to activate the gamersgate version.

Yes, mine did. When I try to re-activate the key, it gives me the "product already owned" prompt.

#128 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Yes, mine did. When I try to re-activate the key, it gives me the "product already owned" prompt.

Thanks man. I was able to use the "Activation" key to redeem on steam. I was somewhat hesitate to click on the button just in case it wasn't a steam key an I would be unable to ask for a refund. Thankfully, I won't have to worry about that.

#129 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

gilby, you are to be commended on your stellar detective work in this matter. You've gone beyond the call of duty in attempting to sort this out, so :applause: for your efforts.

Thanks, but it was just a matter of skipping those who seem to not know anything about this bundle (support) and contacting those who do (the bundle manager and the developers.)

So did Poysky ever re-edit his post to make it clear that he had the wrong information and that he was wrong in his original statement? With an apology for an edit that seemed to shift the blame to being a misreading by customers? I recommended he do as much.

#130 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Thanks, but it was just a matter of skipping those who seem to not know anything about this bundle (support) and contacting those who do (the bundle manager and the developers.)

So did Poysky ever re-edit his post to make it clear that he had the wrong information and that he was wrong in his original statement? With an apology for an edit that seemed to shift the blame to being a misreading by customers? I recommended he do as much.

He said this:

http://www.bay12foru...?topic=119221.0

*EDIT*
Yes actually, quite a few of the games are steam released!

We will be offering steam codes (for a select few devs who DO want to distribute steam keys as thanks. Let me explain, all of the games in the bundle have GamersGate keys, while SOME are also on Steam. Of those on Steam, we asked if they wanted to provide Steam Keys. Some said no, so to those who believed that ALL games had Steam keys, or that all games that HAD Steam keys were going to give free keys, or to those who thought they would get TWO keys (Steam and Gamersgate to give to a friend), On a side note, I have been informed that some of Sigma Team's keys are not registering on Steam, we are working to sort it because I know for a fact that we recieved them, it'll be sorted soon enough, sorry folks! Also, I can confirm achron didn't want his keys to be released via Steam, and while I can't go into details as to the WHY I can say I fully support his decision and Chris himself is a great guy. Sorry guys!

ALSO: Any donation made above the base price of the game goes untouched by gamersgate and myself, we give the money in full to both the charity and the devs.

Lemme know what you all think!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:17:19 pm by alexpoysky » Logged
Indiefort Partner/Manager

I still could have lived with out the 'you just wanted Steam keys to have an extra copy to give to your friends' insinuation, but eh, it's something.

#131 echoMateria

echoMateria

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:56 AM

It's the final day of the GamersGate's IndieFort Countdown Bundle. If anyone still have ongoing issues, please let me know so I can notify the GamersGate staff one last time about them.

I would like to thank everyone for supporting the indie developers like us involved in this bundle. With all the issues it has been less than an ideal, but even with all that, we still got a chance to reach to a much bigger audience than some of us ever had. And personally I got the chance to directly meet and talk with various people here and all the other places, including the developers and players alike, so I'm thankful for the opportunity.

I'd like to think that things will only get better from this point on and wish everyone a happy new year.
Support Fruitbat Factory to play the best Japanese indie games in English. Vote YES to War of Human Tanks on Steam Greenlight!

#132 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

I do have one question, I don't see any of the listed bonuses in my Gamersgate list despite buying every bundle. Like the OSTs and bonus games. Are those getting added when the bundles end?

Also I know we're not getting Achron Steam keys, but is Alien Shooter 2 Conscription a lost cause?

(i guess that was two questions)

#133 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

I do have one question, I don't see any of the listed bonuses in my Gamersgate list despite buying every bundle. Like the OSTs and bonus games. Are those getting added when the bundles end?

According to the Indiefort page, "All the Unlocks will be released 27th December." so they should be available soon.
Posted Image

#134 jeff1304

jeff1304

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

Just got this from gamersgate what do you guys think ? I'm extremely aggrevated with this.

Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
support@gamersgate.com

#135 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Just got this from gamersgate what do you guys think ? I'm extremely aggrevated with this.

Hi,

This message is regarding issues with the Bethesda New Year Collection and the Borderlands 2 Four Pack deal.

We´re very sorry but due to technical difficulties we are not able to deliver the product you purchased and have provided a full refund of your purchase. We are currently looking into the possibility of additional compensation for this inconvenience.

GamersGate team
support@gamersgate.com

If you got them at the miss marked price, im sure they wont honor it (GG seem like crooks right now). Id be pissed. I will never by using GG again.

Still dont have steam codes for alien shooter 2.

#136 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

I've got some bonus content in my GG account, but I don't think I have all of it. Does someone have a list of the bonuses that we were supposed to get?

#137 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

Check each individual "bundle" by clicking on that bundles name.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

#138 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

Check each individual "bundle" by clicking on that bundles name.

Nope. The individual bundle pages are no longer available.

I found a rundown, though:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=501153

#139 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:18 AM

Nope. The individual bundle pages are no longer available.

I found a rundown, though:

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=501153

Looks like they've been compiled into their own entry in the "digital shelf" tilted "Indiefort Countdown Bundle Bonus Bund"

Posted Image

There's also a message saying that the remaining bonuses will be added soon.

Edited by walkonshadows, 29 December 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#140 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:46 AM

I got the bonus stuff added to my account today too.

#141 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

I got the bonus stuff added to my account today too.

Not all of them.

Posted Image

#142 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

All bonuses are now in my account, including (I think) Steam keys for those games.

My Alien Shooter 2 Conscription key is still missing, and I've sent an email asking for an update.

#143 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I got a response saying that they'd get right on that--and yes, I'd heard that before.

However, the Alien Shooter Conscription key is there today.

#144 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

I should check my account. Is it listed by itself or as part of one of the bonus packs?

Edit:

Looks like all my bonuses/games are there. Got steam keys for Conscription, Reloaded, and Revisited.

#145 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

I should check my account. Is it listed by itself or as part of one of the bonus packs?

Edit:

Looks like all my bonuses/games are there. Got steam keys for Conscription, Reloaded, and Revisited.

Listed here, there and everywhere, really. Some bonuses are listed under the base game, some are listed as part of a separate pack, and there's one inventory item that's just a bunch of links to soundtracks and an android version of a game.

A real mess, really. But it is all there.

#146 ocean almighty

ocean almighty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Listed here, there and everywhere, really. Some bonuses are listed under the base game, some are listed as part of a separate pack, and there's one inventory item that's just a bunch of links to soundtracks and an android version of a game.

A real mess, really. But it is all there.

I was so entertained by Gamersgate's other follies that I forgot about checking my bundles. It seems that everything is in there (in title, at least).
I would say that monkeys could do a better job organizing all the items, but that would be insulting to the monkeys. They could have just put all the bonuses under one heading, and all the games within their own bundle.

#147 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Just bumping this back up for some disappointing news. Kinda sounding like yet another game in this bundle won't be providing Steam keys if it's Greenlit. This time it's Zafehouse Diaries, which was the main selling point of the bundle for me.

http://steamcommunit...52095115976/#p2

Welp.

#148 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Zafehouse Diaries was in the final week bundle in case anyone here is too lazy to check the OP.

I passed on that week's bundle because it was just after the whole Bethesda pack hullabaloo and I wasn't 100% convinced that Gamers Gate was gonna be around in 6 months (I'm still not, frankly). So it doesn't really affect me. Though it kinda sucks for anybody who did buy that week and was hoping for a steam key.

Sorry man. :(

#149 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Well that does suck. I bought a copy on Desura before I got my GG copy so I just asked if I might be able to get a Steam key.

That said, this whole Indiefort thing was a clusterfuck due to GG and their lack of communication/organization. I'm not sure if the Zafehouse devs ever made the statement or committed to providing steam keys if it got greenlit, I think that was info we got from another dev who had their game in the bundle. So IMO downvoting out of spite is kind of wack, but to each their own.

I do think that providing Steam keys to previous purchases is a great model for greenlight and a nice incentive, but I always wondered how the devs got any money or even were motivated to get on Steam if all their sales were already accounted for prior to being greenlit and they basically are just distributing massive amount of keys at that point.

#150 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

Gilby - I wasn't aware of that. We are happy to honour it, but because we don't have the details of IndieFort customers, we can't verify purchases or distribute the keys. I suspect GamersGate will be the one to fulfill it.

It sounds like they're willing to provide steam keys to the bundle owners.