Photo
- - - - -

Is Auto-Renew separate from PS+ Auto-Renewal?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 J7.

J7.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:57 AM

The store said it would set my auto-renew to YES upon activating PS+. I activated using a prepaid card (never had to give credit card) but it did not set the auto-renew to YES. However, SonyEntertainmentNetwork.com makes it sound like it will still auto-renew if my wallet has enough money to cover the cost of PS+, which could be $17.99 or $49.99

Automatic Subscription Renewal
If this is set to NO, then the subscription cannot be renewed if the wallet amount is less than the purchase price.
If set to YES, then funds are added to the wallet from the payment instrument on file in order to renew the subscription.

However, in my Services List I found PS+ and found a separate way to cancel Automatic Renewal. Automatic Renewal was set to renew there even though my auto-renew was already set to no. So is Auto-Renew separate from PS+ Auto-Renewal?

#2 J7.

J7.

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

bump

#3 luxuria

luxuria

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:43 AM

Mhmm, it is. I found out the hard way (was charged for PS+ with the money I had in my wallet). Wish there was a way to know since Sony doesn't really do a good job at explaining it.

#4 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

To answer your question, yes. The other one is under "service lists".

#5 J7.

J7.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Thank you for answering.
Friggin stupid Sony. WTH are service lists?

#6 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

I delete my credit card information after activating any subscription services and then I got into the "Service List" for each subscription service and manually turn off "auto-renew" and I've never had a problem.

I can see how it can get confusing though. It is also a reason why I don't load funds of PSN Cards until I'm ready to purchase something.

#7 J7.

J7.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

So if you cancel each subscription individually, what does the separate auto-renew do?