Doom 3 BFG PS3 ONLY at New Egg $17.99

Is it just me or is nothing holding its price this month? MSRP seems to be a joke. I know it's the time of Black Friday, but seriously.

This post looks like I'm complaining, but I'm not. I'm surprised at all these price cuts. I'm pretty pleased about it. In for one.

Thanks a ton, i've been wanting to pull the trigger on Amazon but Newegg lets you pay with paypal. Couldn't resist.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']Will definitely PM this at BBY tomorrow and pay with a gift card,thx OP[/QUOTE]
There's no PMing allowed at Best Buy until Tuesday.

[quote name='Fukurou']Is it just me or is nothing holding its price this month? MSRP seems to be a joke. I know it's the time of Black Friday, but seriously.

This post looks like I'm complaining, but I'm not. I'm surprised at all these price cuts. I'm pretty pleased about it. In for one.[/QUOTE]

Some of these Fall games just tend to drop quickly: four years ago I can remember some games like Far Cry 2 and Sonic Unleashed dropping to like $26 on BF only two or three weeks after release.

[quote name='garrett007']$20 on amazon right now and has a lightning deal at 9:10am PST on monday, for those willing to wait.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='garrett007']$20 on amazon right now and has a lightning deal at 9:10am PST on monday, for those willing to wait.[/QUOTE]Thanks for pointing that out. The lowest I could see it going is $14.99, definitely more in my price range.

Weird that it only shows the :360: version in the schedule thus far, though; hopefully they'll add the :ps3: version before long.

I'm totally in for one! Had it for the original Xbox but it scared the shit out of me so bad that I didn't even pass the first level! That was when "scary" games were actually scary as hell!

[quote name='jl_rival']I'm totally in for one! Had it for the original Xbox but it scared the shit out of me so bad that I didn't even pass the first level! That was when "scary" games were actually scary as hell![/QUOTE]

My reactions weren't that extreme but it is definitely a creepy game. I just hope they didn't ruin that with the shoulder-mounted flashlight in the BFG edition. Being defenseless while you used the flashlight just added to the tension.

Oh, and if anyone has a PC capable of running it, you can get this from Green Man Gaming for $11.25 right now. Use voucher code GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/doom-3-bfg-edition/

[quote name='Killbomb']My reactions weren't that extreme but it is definitely a creepy game. I just hope they didn't ruin that with the shoulder-mounted flashlight in the BFG edition. Being defenseless while you used the flashlight just added to the tension.

Oh, and if anyone has a PC capable of running it, you can get this from Green Man Gaming for $11.25 right now. Use voucher code GMG25-G4VDR-0ZL4Q.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/shooter/doom-3-bfg-edition/

[/QUOTE]

the flashlight has a meter that runs out fairly quick so unless you are paying attention to the meter constantly it will quite often run out in the middle of a fight so a room could turn pitch black. plus there are still plenty of moments where the enemies can just come out of no where which any doom fan knows enemies teleport into the rooms in the games.

dont worry theres still plenty of dark rooms and enemies coming from every direction. plus the flashlight is fairly narrow in its width. it doesnt light up the entire room. if you take it into a pitch black room you can only see right in front of where you are facing.

so the flashlight isnt overpowered or anything really. it helps but the game still retains that dark holy crap something could come out of no where feel to it just fine. plus since the flashlight runs out fairly quick its not wise to just leave it on constantly either.

bread's done
Back