Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD)XCOM: Enemy Unknown $25 at Amazon(PS3/360)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:08 AM

http://www.amazon.co...2&keywords=xcom

Price match from Walmart since it went live online. For those that missed lightning deals.

Didn't see it posted. Was $39.99 an hour ago on 360 and $35 on PS3.

Edited by ShadowAssassin, 01 December 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#2 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thanks grabbed one!

#3 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:14 AM

I ordered one from Walmart earlier. Not sure if I should cancel and order from Amazon. It has no monetary benefit to me either way, but I'm not sure if Walmart ships in shoddy packaging or not. I know Amazon uses the little cardboard boxes that protect the games real well.

#4 biggie2123

biggie2123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:16 AM

This was the last game that I wanted this Black Friday. CAG saved me from going to a store and having to deal with hordes of people. This could possibly be the best Black Friday experience I have ever had!

#5 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

This was the last game that I wanted this Black Friday. CAG saved me from going to a store and having to deal with hordes of people. This could possibly be the best Black Friday experience I have ever had!

It was the last game I was wanting to. Thanks op!

#6 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

I would order it but by the time I get to playing it I am sure it will be even cheaper.
Posted Image

#7 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Got one for the wife. Yep, the wife. (Best. Wife. EVAR.)
www.bighugenerd.com

#8 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

I got the last copy at my Walmart and it included the DLC.

#9 Guest_helpfullegacy0_*

Guest_helpfullegacy0_*

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Thanks just picked one up http://www.freeps3si...w.uni.me/cdfde/

#10 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

is the game worth getting?

#11 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Thanks a ton, OP...would have missed this otherwise! :bouncy:

Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
myndatlarge.png card.png mindatlarge.png?7190

#12 lunker

lunker

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

is the game worth getting?

One of my favorite games this year. Fantastic top-down strategy gameplay in addition to an extra metagame strategy layer that has you managing resources, research priorities, and "panic levels" across the globe. It's also hard as balls at the beginning, and you absolutely will get many different members of your squad killed, but the difficulty and learning curve makes victory that much more exhilarating. I paid the equivalent of about $35 for it at launch and would have totally paid full retail for it if I had to. Luckily, I didn't, and you don't either. :)

#13 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

Thanks OP snagged a copy for the 360.

#14 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Goshdarnit. I payed $35 for it on Amazon on Thursday morning, and that order won't cancel.

#15 OldSlowGamer

OldSlowGamer

Old Slow Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

happen to see it when buying God of war saga for $15 and included it in the order. epic morning!
89994.png

#16 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Goshdarnit. I payed $35 for it on Amazon on Thursday morning, and that order won't cancel.

Every time that's happened to me I send them a NICE email and ask if they can do a price adjust because it hasn't shipped yet. It always works. 8-)

#17 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

is this game better on the pc? usually would prefer strategy games on pc but not sure about this one

#18 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

Dang was hoping this would apply to the PC version as well.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#19 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

I called them on the phone and asked my customer service lady (who was so Asian I could barely understand her) very nicely if she could do that, and she told me no, so I just ordered another copy at $25, and just as the customer service lady told me I should do, I'll return the $35 copy.

#20 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

Not good, not good--I can return my Walmart copy thanks to this, but my Amazon credit is dwindling (and until I start to re-acquire some of the credit through trade-ins in the weeks to come, it'll stay low for a bit). Should I be happy with my WM copy or jump on this...? :-k

EDIT: Eh, I'll stick with my WM copy since I've already re-ordered R&C Collection and GoW Saga through Amazon so I can return my still-sealed copies to Gamestop and regain some credit.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#21 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Amazon wouldn't adjust it :(

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#22 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

is this game better on the pc? usually would prefer strategy games on pc but not sure about this one

I pondered this. I was going to get this on PC but then I researched. To my eyes the Graphics are about the same. I'm sure if you have a crazy rig they will be a bit better but it's not really a beautiful game meant to push your hardware. Second it seems that the controller was optimized for the game and actually works better than the KB/M. The only thing the PC edition has going for it is mods. There are some mods out now and I'm sure more to come but it's not like say the Civ V mod scene where getting the mods are built into the platform. In short the console version looks to be neck and neck with the PC version. If you're a mod guy though you probably want to go with the PC version Green Man Gaming has is for $3 more I think.
Posted Image

#23 gavin0330

gavin0330

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Every time that's happened to me I send them a NICE email and ask if they can do a price adjust because it hasn't shipped yet. It always works. 8-)

Thanks, I sent them a nice email and got a response about an adjustment since my order hasn't shipped yet

#24 ubermark

ubermark

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:10 PM

This is awesome! I missed the $25 lightning deal yesterday and was about to just go ahead and buy it. Thanks to the community here!

#25 swirly76

swirly76

360 backlog > XBone 4eva

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

thanks OP!
got a copy for 360.
not willing to do the walmart crowd trampling to get this one in store, so this is a nice alternative

#26 nccows

nccows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

So, between this and GoW Saga, is it safe to say that Lightning Deals mean nothing?

#27 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Does it really matter if your un-leveled up team members get killed? Is this like fire emblem where you basically can't lose anyone?

#28 chibamm

chibamm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Does it really matter if your un-leveled up team members get killed? Is this like fire emblem where you basically can't lose anyone?

You can hire new soldiers but it costs money, not much, but every bit of money seems to count in this game. Also some missions have rewards such as granting you a higher level unit to use.

I picked my copy up at Walmart and played for like 6 hours last night. The game is really good. If you like any of the following, Warcraft, Command & Conquer, SMT games, FFT, Disgaea, Mass Effect, you will like this game. I feel it has elements of that all these games have all rolled into one massive ball.
Posted Image

#29 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

thanks OP!
got a copy for 360.
not willing to do the walmart crowd trampling to get this one in store, so this is a nice alternative

I was able to get it at walyworld (with the DLC) around 1pm thursday since they had a glitch on the system. most of the video games already had the black friday price. I completely avoided the wild animalistic people from midnight. I was so proud of myself :)

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#30 maxim2boobles

maxim2boobles

AwesomeNOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

This is a fun game but its meant to be played on a PC with a mouse not on a console with a controller
Posted Image