Photo
- - - - -

(DEAD)XCOM: Enemy Unknown $25 at Amazon(PS3/360)

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Smokie99

Smokie99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

is this game better on the pc? usually would prefer strategy games on pc but not sure about this one

PC version all the way.
Posted Image

#32 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

This is a fun game but its meant to be played on a PC with a mouse not on a console with a controller

I played it with a controller on the PC. And it was fine.

Xcom is done really well for consoles or PC. PC has the advantage of choosing an additional control setup, slightly better graphics, and mods.

Make your own call, but it's good on anything.

#33 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

If you're on the fence about it there's a demo on Xbox not sure for the Ps3. Is it me or is the game pretty difficult ?

#34 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I played it with a controller on the PC. And it was fine.

Xcom is done really well for consoles or PC. PC has the advantage of choosing an additional control setup, slightly better graphics, and mods.

Make your own call, but it's good on anything.

it has gotten stellar reviews everywhere

http://www.metacriti...m-enemy-unknown

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#35 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

this game is awesome

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#36 JK-C

JK-C

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:50 PM

If you're on the fence about it there's a demo on Xbox not sure for the Ps3. Is it me or is the game pretty difficult ?

On normal, it's pretty hard at first, but if you manage your resources well, you will be stomping the enemy by the end. I played so well it actually got a little boring.

Anything above normal, however, can be ass-achingly hard. You have less money and start off with no extras. You will have to really stay on your toes, and manage things well.

I paid full price for this to support the development of more strategy titles, and am fairly satisfied. I really don't think it was quite worth $60, though. I'd say it's totally solid for 30 or less.

I'd like more options, a better ending, and a little more graphical effort for the next one though.

#37 ddog510

ddog510

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

This almost makes up for missing those $10 deals. Almost. Thanks OP
Posted Image

#38 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

This is a fun game but its meant to be played on a PC with a mouse not on a console with a controller

Look around alot of PC people are saying the XBOX 360 controller works slightly better.
Posted Image

#39 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

For those that ordered this. Just curious, did it come with the Elite Soldier Pack DLC?

#40 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

For those that ordered this. Just curious, did it come with the Elite Soldier Pack DLC?

I ordered from amazon, did not come with any DLC.

I brought the pc version with pre-order deal from newegg (for collection) and that comes with poster and the DLC, it's still available from amazon for $39.99.

Pity they did not offer any collector version for consoles.
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#41 crjav8er

crjav8er

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

YMMV but Amazon's product description showed the elite soldier pack included as a key feature. I emailed them and got a $10 refund.