Target plus Shopkick: 15 dollar Little Big Planet Karting instore only

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 LiquidSnape

LiquidSnape

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

If you have the shopkick app for android or iOS you can get a coupon for 10 dollars off LBP Karting at target today, it is still on sale for 25 dollars today. Offer is only available in store. Shopkick also has a coupon for 10 off Playstation Allstars Battle Royale for the PS3. Look under the big deal book on the target page of the app for the coupons. Good luck!

#2 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Ok for $15 I might try it out

#3 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

Damn, very tempting but I just got sonic racing 2 for the little one for Xmas

#4 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

It's single player only unless you go online according to the box. Epic failure on Sony's part.

#5 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Thanks for sharing this info, I had no idea ShopKick existed, but I looked at the permissions list on Google Play - YIKES! You sure it's safe to use? I know Google gave it a 'top developer' award, but geez!

Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Services that cost you money
  • directly call phone numbers
    Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers.
  • Hardware controls
  • record audio
    Allows the app to access the audio record path.
    take pictures and videos
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the app at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
  • Your location
  • coarse (network-based) location
    Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are. Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
    fine (GPS) location
    Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the tablet, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power. Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
  • Network communication
  • full Internet access
    Allows the app to create network sockets.
    create Bluetooth connections
    Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth tablet, and to make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
  • Your personal information
  • read contact data
    Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people. Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people.
  • Phone calls
  • read phone state and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storage
  • modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.

• Your accounts
  • discover known accounts
    Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the tablet. Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
  • Hardware controls
  • control flashlight
    Allows the app to control the flashlight.
    control vibrator
    Allows the app to control the vibrator.
  • Network communication
  • view network state
    Allows the app to view the state of all networks.
    view Wi-Fi state
    Allows the app to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
  • System tools
  • automatically start at boot
    Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the tablet and allow the app to slow down the overall tablet by always running. Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
:hot: Fuck
(Why does it need to control your phone's camera LED flash?)

#6 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Shopkick is fine in my experience. It has the ability to be super intrusive but they're responsible about it I think.

#7 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

Been using it for well over a year. That said, I finally just updated to the newest version and find the gui to be completely confusing in comparison to the old version.

#8 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

No local co-op?!???
Wow, what a horrible decision

#9 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Well, even if they're responsible for now, it just take a simple change in the Terms of Use... or a buyout of the app/users by someone else.

#10 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

To make the secret photos they take of you turn out better, of course.

That's a pretty sweet deal for a game that just came out. Hmmm...

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#11 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

How does this work? They scan your phone? Can i use the app for the coupon and then delete?

#12 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

No app needed
http://d.pr/i/bqn3

#13 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:17 PM

How does a cart racing game not have local coop? I was going to but this today at BBY (or Target) and am glad I saw this thread. Wow.

#14 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

No app needed
http://d.pr/i/bqn3

What a swell feller. Think I'm gonna hit up the Targets around me to see if I can get it. Thanks!

#15 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

Bomba.

It's single player only unless you go online according to the box. Epic failure on Sony's part.

No split screen? Wow, that's like having a fighting game with no local multiplayer, it's just not a feature you skip over.

#16 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

Bomba.

No split screen? Wow, that's like having a fighting game with no local multiplayer, it's just not a feature you skip over.

Not sure if I believe this. I am about 95% certain that they show 4 player split screen in the commercial. Going to try to pick this up today with that coupon. Thanks guys!

#17 czissis

czissis

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for sharing this info, I had no idea ShopKick existed, but I looked at the permissions list on Google Play - YIKES! You sure it's safe to use? I know Google gave it a 'top developer' award, but geez!

Permissions

This application has access to the following:

• Services that cost you money
  • directly call phone numbers
    Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers.
  • Hardware controls
  • record audio
    Allows the app to access the audio record path.
    take pictures and videos
    Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the app at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
  • Your location
  • coarse (network-based) location
    Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are. Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
    fine (GPS) location
    Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the tablet, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power. Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
  • Network communication
  • full Internet access
    Allows the app to create network sockets.
    create Bluetooth connections
    Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth tablet, and to make and accept connections with paired devices. Allows the app to view the configuration of the local Bluetooth phone, and to make and accept connections with paired devices.
  • Your personal information
  • read contact data
    Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people. Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people.
  • Phone calls
  • read phone state and identity
    Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
  • Storage
  • modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
    Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.

• Your accounts
  • discover known accounts
    Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the tablet. Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
  • Hardware controls
  • control flashlight
    Allows the app to control the flashlight.
    control vibrator
    Allows the app to control the vibrator.
  • Network communication
  • view network state
    Allows the app to view the state of all networks.
    view Wi-Fi state
    Allows the app to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
  • System tools
  • automatically start at boot
    Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the tablet and allow the app to slow down the overall tablet by always running. Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.
:hot: Fuck

Lots of apps have what seems like invasive permissions, but they actually have a good reason sometimes. Camera flash? Maybe they allow you to take a picture or scan a bar code?

I'm not defending them blindly, just saying that sometimes people (not you, but you see it in reviews on Play store) tend to overact on permissions.

#18 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

Wow, thanks op! I'll see if I can grab a copy today!

#19 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Not sure if I believe this. I am about 95% certain that they show 4 player split screen in the commercial. Going to try to pick this up today with that coupon. Thanks guys!

Some people here are wrong and spreading news without playing the game. The game has offline co-op - my wife and I have been playing it for a couple weeks. The game split screens horizontal with two people. We have not tried with more, but pretty sure it is up to 4 offline as well. The only thing is we cannot figure out how to get two different PSN names to sign in at the same time (you were able to do that in LBP2 and I believe LBP1).

For those who do not have the game, $15 is a no-brainer. $25 cannot be passed by as well. This game has a lot of replay value and the "story" mode will dedicate many hours to 100%. I paid $45 at Newegg (pre-order promo) and do not regret the purchase (okay, it has only been a few weeks since release; maybe I regret not being patient so I could save a little).
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#20 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Just downloaded the ap and I don't see any target page. All I see is "kicks" and earning points for giftcards

#21 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

Thanks a lot op. Was able to pick up the game for $15.xx no problem. Coupon worked like a charm.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#22 CrossFireXT17

CrossFireXT17

Aka: RevolutionJ12

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Just downloaded the ap and I don't see any target page. All I see is "kicks" and earning points for giftcards

At the screen you get to when you first load up the app. Right above the cards in the middle you'll see a silver arrow. Click that and it will spread out the cards... just scroll through till you see Target. Then click the Target logo and it will bring you up the store page

EDIT: Then there is the Big Deal book, which you can scroll through to find it.

The other option is at the main screen hit the little "map push pin" in the bottom left hand corner and find Target via there.

Trade List: Looking to trade a Flatout steam key :pc: and a Defense Grid: The Awakening steam key for... anything on steam! See what I already have at: http://steamcommunit.../games/?tab=all -- Just send me a PM!

Posted Image

#23 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Lots of apps have what seems like invasive permissions, but they actually have a good reason sometimes. Camera flash? Maybe they allow you to take a picture or scan a bar code?

I'm not defending them blindly, just saying that sometimes people (not you, but you see it in reviews on Play store) tend to overact on permissions.

Yeah, the camera flash is for scanning bar codes so you can earn Shopkick points to buy gift cards and items.

I just hope Target stores still have this in-stock.

#24 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:59 PM

I wish the shopkick app worked on wifi after confirming that you're actually in the store. I always lose my signal once I go to the back of the store.

#25 zechs34

zechs34

Voice of Voiceless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I wish the shopkick app worked on wifi after confirming that you're actually in the store. I always lose my signal once I go to the back of the store.

Just open the coupon page somewhere where you have Wifi and leave it on that page until they scan it. Should still work.
Posted Image

#26 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Take a screenshot
It's a target coupon good until 12/7

#27 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:33 PM

Got a copy this morning, thanks for posting!

#28 evilw0n

evilw0n

Deals & Games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

For those clowns who say people do not know what they are talking about - look at the freakin package. If they have offline multiplayer they are not advertising it on the packaging. I have it right here in front of me and it says:

"Player 1" - that is the # of local players
"Network Players 2-8" - networked players

That in no way suggests local co-op. Maybe it has it but every, let me make this crystal clear - EVERY PS3 game that I have seen with 2+ players local has said something like "Players 1-X" - not this. Every one that I have seen saying "Player 1" is one player local. Maybe this is a mistake or an oversight. If it is wrong then Sony f'd up the packaging on this as it goes against every other PS3 game that has local co-op. LPB 2 even says "Players 1-4".

It does say "Multiplayer" on the top back, but nowhere does it say local co-op.

Again, I may be wrong, but I am just regurgitating what Sony put on the packaging.

#29 metaphysicalstyles

metaphysicalstyles

Boo this man.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

Downloaded the app... crashes constantly.
Posted Imagehttp://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/neuroned%27Posted Image

#30 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

Downloaded the app... crashes constantly.

I've used it to earn and redeem ~$150 of GCs... Check your phone. Close any apps you aren't using...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim