Target plus Shopkick: 15 dollar Little Big Planet Karting instore only

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#31 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

It's single player only unless you go online according to the box. Epic failure on Sony's part.

You can do 1 - 2 player co-op split screen in story mode right out of the box. Once you beat the tracks in story mode it unlocks them for more players.

I played this last night and did 1 - 2 co-op. I didn't verify doing more, but that's what I read in a review.

Very strange way to do co-op on a karting game.

Edited by omyard, 24 November 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#32 rs600cubed

rs600cubed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Anyone know if the # on the coupon is unique or will the pic posted work for everyone/ multiple times?

#33 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Anyone know if the # on the coupon is unique or will the pic posted work for everyone/ multiple times?

I am interested in know this as well. Both of my android devices are not compatible with the app, so I am hoping the code is not unique.

#34 abcs

abcs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

You can do 1 - 2 player co-op split screen in story mode right out of the box. Once you beat the tracks in story mode it unlocks them for more players.

I played this last night and did 1 - 2 co-op. I didn't verify doing more, but that's what I read in a review.

Very strange way to do co-op on a karting game.

Thank you for clarifying. Just picked this up for me and the wife. Thanks OP too!

#35 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

No app needed
http://d.pr/i/bqn3

Thanks OP and Jack. Just walked out with it for $15.xx using the coupon screen shot Jack posted. Every Target in my area (Madison, WI) is showing them in stock. Incidentally, the store I went to had no mention at all of the $25 sale price. It just had the normal $59.99 price tag displayed. Rang up at $25 without a problem though. The games clerk was somewhat surprised.

#36 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I wonder how accurate the stock locater is. No stores in 100 miles have the game according to the website.

EDIT: The use of the locater in the Target Clearance thread shows that most stores around me have it in stock. Guess I'll go make a trip

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14278014
Just type in your zip code

#37 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am interested in know this as well. Both of my android devices are not compatible with the app, so I am hoping the code is not unique.

Just checked the coupon from my app and its the same. Will be picking this up later so that I could return the BBY copy I bought yesterday.

I think Target has special DLC for the game as well, it said something on the cover pic from the Shopkick App.

#38 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Wow no stores within 100 miles of me carry it either.

#39 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the post OP. I use shopkick regularly, so I was able to get the coupon without any problems and also the 125kicks from the walk-in ^^.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#40 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just checked the coupon from my app and its the same. Will be picking this up later so that I could return the BBY copy I bought yesterday.

I think Target has special DLC for the game as well, it said something on the cover pic from the Shopkick App.

The Target DLC is a Target-themed kart and character skin.

#41 abcs

abcs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wow no stores within 100 miles of me carry it either.

I believe this is an error. Should the same thing for me when I searched at first checked a while later and it was in stock at every target in my area (suburban Chicago).

#42 EncodedNybble

EncodedNybble

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

ARG

I told myself no more games this Christmas as my backlog is already HUUUGE and I don't want to get burned buying something, not playing it for year(s) then finding it cheaper later. But Sports Champions 2 was $10 and now LBP Karting is $15......I may skip out on the Karting though, I have a feeling it will be PS+ free next year :)

#43 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Coupon worked great. Zero problems checking out she just scanned my phone.

#44 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Boo... no stock at the one near me.
FadeToOne.png

#45 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Scored plus the 5% off. Thanks!

#46 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Scored one,Thanks:)

#47 fallenjedi

fallenjedi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

The coupon is in the "Big Deal Book" under the Target page in the app. It's a great app, especially if you live near a bunch of partner stores. I've redeemed over $400 in gift certs for Target and Best Buy in the last two years.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Got one no problem, thanks OP! Couple next to me was buying it too, so I let them use the coupon on my phone and worked for them too.

Also thanks to the guy who posted the scan!

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#49 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Can any kind soul give confirmation on 4 player split screen?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#50 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Can any kind soul give confirmation on 4 player split screen?

Got one, I thought this has the cross-buy something for vita tsss.

As for the MP the back of the box states 2 different things. One is "Player 1" "Network players 2-8" , then just above those info there is a graphic that says "Play together locally and online" idk which one to believe lol. I have not opened my copy, gonna play some of this later.

#51 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks op. And about the coop.

Battle your friends online via PlayStation Network or in the same room using the split-screen mode,

www.littlebigplanet.com/games/littlebigplanet-karting/about

#52 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Picked this up. Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. This app lookslike it can get me some BB giftcards too which is great.

#53 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

In the big book is a $10 off coupon for playstation all-stars battle royale which does support cross-buy with the vita. Fun game.

#54 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

so printing the coupon image that was posted should work....correct? I have yet and probably will never get a smartphone/iphone/internet phone or whatever they are called

#55 Glasscocked

Glasscocked

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

so printing the coupon image that was posted should work....correct? I have yet and probably will never get a smartphone/iphone/internet phone or whatever they are called

I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work.

#56 RUN-DvdMC

RUN-DvdMC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

got one and modnation racers for $10 as well!

#57 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Got one. The lady who rung me up called over a what looked like a cop--maybe a Target Cop--to confirm I could use the coupon. He said "does it ring up when you scan it?" And it did, so he said it's not a problem. Whew! Last copy at the target I went to. Thanks OP.

Edit: Saw someone ask about the print-out. That's how I did mine, was a bad print too due to my printer being low on ink.

#58 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Great deal, picked up a copy thanks OP!

#59 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

ARG

But Sports Champions 2 was $10 and now LBP Karting is $15......I may skip out on the Karting though, I have a feeling it will be PS+ free next year :)

Sorry if I may have missed this being mentioned, but Sports Champions 2 for $10?

#60 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Uhhh... limited stock pretty much means OOS I'm guessing? Ugh