Target plus Shopkick: 15 dollar Little Big Planet Karting instore only

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#31 omyard

omyard

dreaming neon black

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

It's single player only unless you go online according to the box. Epic failure on Sony's part.

You can do 1 - 2 player co-op split screen in story mode right out of the box. Once you beat the tracks in story mode it unlocks them for more players.

I played this last night and did 1 - 2 co-op. I didn't verify doing more, but that's what I read in a review.

Very strange way to do co-op on a karting game.

Edited by omyard, 24 November 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#32 rs600cubed

rs600cubed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:50 PM

Anyone know if the # on the coupon is unique or will the pic posted work for everyone/ multiple times?

#33 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:53 PM

Anyone know if the # on the coupon is unique or will the pic posted work for everyone/ multiple times?

I am interested in know this as well. Both of my android devices are not compatible with the app, so I am hoping the code is not unique.

#34 abcs

abcs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

You can do 1 - 2 player co-op split screen in story mode right out of the box. Once you beat the tracks in story mode it unlocks them for more players.

I played this last night and did 1 - 2 co-op. I didn't verify doing more, but that's what I read in a review.

Very strange way to do co-op on a karting game.

Thank you for clarifying. Just picked this up for me and the wife. Thanks OP too!

#35 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

No app needed
http://d.pr/i/bqn3

Thanks OP and Jack. Just walked out with it for $15.xx using the coupon screen shot Jack posted. Every Target in my area (Madison, WI) is showing them in stock. Incidentally, the store I went to had no mention at all of the $25 sale price. It just had the normal $59.99 price tag displayed. Rang up at $25 without a problem though. The games clerk was somewhat surprised.

#36 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:59 PM

I wonder how accurate the stock locater is. No stores in 100 miles have the game according to the website.

EDIT: The use of the locater in the Target Clearance thread shows that most stores around me have it in stock. Guess I'll go make a trip

http://m.target.com/fiats/t-14278014
Just type in your zip code

#37 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

I am interested in know this as well. Both of my android devices are not compatible with the app, so I am hoping the code is not unique.

Just checked the coupon from my app and its the same. Will be picking this up later so that I could return the BBY copy I bought yesterday.

I think Target has special DLC for the game as well, it said something on the cover pic from the Shopkick App.

#38 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Wow no stores within 100 miles of me carry it either.

#39 Animekatt

Animekatt

Black Catgirl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the post OP. I use shopkick regularly, so I was able to get the coupon without any problems and also the 125kicks from the walk-in ^^.

Animekatt.png 4bc3aaafe5e7610a18092ffc8d198a69_ba22853

#40 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Just checked the coupon from my app and its the same. Will be picking this up later so that I could return the BBY copy I bought yesterday.

I think Target has special DLC for the game as well, it said something on the cover pic from the Shopkick App.

The Target DLC is a Target-themed kart and character skin.

#41 abcs

abcs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

Wow no stores within 100 miles of me carry it either.

I believe this is an error. Should the same thing for me when I searched at first checked a while later and it was in stock at every target in my area (suburban Chicago).

#42 EncodedNybble

EncodedNybble

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

ARG

I told myself no more games this Christmas as my backlog is already HUUUGE and I don't want to get burned buying something, not playing it for year(s) then finding it cheaper later. But Sports Champions 2 was $10 and now LBP Karting is $15......I may skip out on the Karting though, I have a feeling it will be PS+ free next year :)

#43 SerOnionKnight

SerOnionKnight

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Coupon worked great. Zero problems checking out she just scanned my phone.

#44 FadeToOne

FadeToOne

It's CAGtastic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:29 PM

Boo... no stock at the one near me.
FadeToOne.png

#45 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

Scored plus the 5% off. Thanks!

#46 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Scored one,Thanks:)

#47 fallenjedi

fallenjedi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

The coupon is in the "Big Deal Book" under the Target page in the app. It's a great app, especially if you live near a bunch of partner stores. I've redeemed over $400 in gift certs for Target and Best Buy in the last two years.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Director of Publishing/Marketing for Crafty Minor Too

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

Got one no problem, thanks OP! Couple next to me was buying it too, so I let them use the coupon on my phone and worked for them too.

Also thanks to the guy who posted the scan!

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog!

#49 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

Can any kind soul give confirmation on 4 player split screen?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#50 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Can any kind soul give confirmation on 4 player split screen?

Got one, I thought this has the cross-buy something for vita tsss.

As for the MP the back of the box states 2 different things. One is "Player 1" "Network players 2-8" , then just above those info there is a graphic that says "Play together locally and online" idk which one to believe lol. I have not opened my copy, gonna play some of this later.

#51 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks op. And about the coop.

Battle your friends online via PlayStation Network or in the same room using the split-screen mode,

www.littlebigplanet.com/games/littlebigplanet-karting/about

#52 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Picked this up. Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. This app lookslike it can get me some BB giftcards too which is great.

#53 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

In the big book is a $10 off coupon for playstation all-stars battle royale which does support cross-buy with the vita. Fun game.

#54 spicoli420

spicoli420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

so printing the coupon image that was posted should work....correct? I have yet and probably will never get a smartphone/iphone/internet phone or whatever they are called

#55 SerOnionKnight

SerOnionKnight

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

so printing the coupon image that was posted should work....correct? I have yet and probably will never get a smartphone/iphone/internet phone or whatever they are called

I don't see any reason why it wouldnt work.

#56 RUN-DvdMC

RUN-DvdMC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

got one and modnation racers for $10 as well!

#57 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Got one. The lady who rung me up called over a what looked like a cop--maybe a Target Cop--to confirm I could use the coupon. He said "does it ring up when you scan it?" And it did, so he said it's not a problem. Whew! Last copy at the target I went to. Thanks OP.

Edit: Saw someone ask about the print-out. That's how I did mine, was a bad print too due to my printer being low on ink.

#58 caMOFOg

caMOFOg

Where you at mang?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Great deal, picked up a copy thanks OP!

#59 ChadThyJuggla

ChadThyJuggla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

ARG

But Sports Champions 2 was $10 and now LBP Karting is $15......I may skip out on the Karting though, I have a feeling it will be PS+ free next year :)

Sorry if I may have missed this being mentioned, but Sports Champions 2 for $10?

#60 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

Uhhh... limited stock pretty much means OOS I'm guessing? Ugh