Photo
- - - - -

Download The Dark Knight Rises with UV copy from BB/TDK Steelbooks (YMMV?)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

By stream, I mean playing it through Flixster.com. Once you login you can play Ultraviolet movies in your browser. Alternatively there's a program you can download which allows you to download a copy to your HDD for offline viewing. I'm not sure where it is with Win 7, but in the program at the upper right hand corner there's a drop down menu with a preferences option. It'll tell you the location of the movie on your HDD and let you choose a differenent location.

Unfortunately Ultraviolet/Flixster is fairly limited in where you can access your movies, and there's no option to copy to a PSP. As for using the digital copies on other computers that should be fine. Just login to Flixster on the new computer and/or download the program and your movie collection is still there to watch

Also make sure to merge your Flixster account with Vudu. VUDU provides HDX (1080P) versions of some Ultraviolet movies, and I just find the playback and interface to be much better. It's made UV copies much more appealing. Plus it works on the PS3. Maybe one day they'll add a PSP/Vita app ones of these days. I believe you'll have to register with Vudu and then merge the two through Flixster or Ultraviolet. I can't recall exactly how it works but you should be able to find more info at the official UV site: http://www.uvvu.com/

#32 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'm streaming it to my iPad as I type! Thanks ssjmichael!
I did redeem the Prologue a long time ago though.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#33 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Seems to be working. Picked up TDK steelbook an hour ago and trying this...sure enough its like the picture says...2.48gb download. Already owned TDK in dvd and BLU so pretty much got the UV copy for $10 bucks practically. Still want the BLu but not in a hurry now to get it...thanks OP!

UPDATE: Dark Knight Rises is playing as promised :)

#34 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

good to hear :)

#35 Lakeshow24

Lakeshow24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

I linked my ultraviolet account with CinemaNow and I'm able to stream the movie through my XBOX.

#36 movie2cats

movie2cats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

I linked my ultraviolet account with CinemaNow and I'm able to stream the movie through my XBOX.

I was just going to mention the same thing. Also of note, my SB was purchased about 6 months ago so if you have an old code give it a shot.

#37 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

I just added the Cinemanow app for the PS3 and Rises is in my library too but none of my movies appear to play.

#38 Lakeshow24

Lakeshow24

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I just added the Cinemanow app for the PS3 and Rises is in my library too but none of my movies appear to play.

Once I downloaded the app, the same problem happened to me. I exited the app and once I started the app it worked. I hope that helps.

#39 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:17 AM

Thought I'd mention this is still working, downloading the movie now. Thanks for the heads up.

#40 mightymek

mightymek

Welcome to the Gutter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thought I'd mention this is still working, downloading the movie now. Thanks for the heads up.

Me too. Thanks. I was doing something wrong (or not doing something at all, actually) until I saw this thread and was able to get TDKR to work!

13374.png

Scars of Life is back in 2013. As heard on the UFC!
New album A HEART STILL BEATS is out now!  Be sure to check us out on iTunes: http://itunes.apple....-life/id6136926

#41 Zelts3

Zelts3

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

If you download VUDU for PS3, you will be able to view your Flixster movies

#42 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

If you download VUDU for PS3, you will be able to view your Flixster movies

Um no one said you couldn't. The issue is this is a glitch with Flixster and the preview of The Dark Knight Reborn giving you access to The Dark Knight Rises instead.

VUDU does not see The Dark Knight Reborn, it is exclusive to Flixster.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#43 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flap top

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

So the Reborn cover art turned into the Rises art, as if I put in a code for Rises to begin with. Hopefully it stays because I'm giving my UV code away.

#44 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

I don't think it's a true UV copy of Rises though as it doesn't show up in my general UV account, nor in Vudu.