Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Headset $29.96 FSSS @ Amazon

Awesome price for a great headset. My only complaint is that every once in a while they apparently make a loud screeching noise in other peoples' headsets (remedied by unplugging mic cord from controller then plugging it back in).

do these have to plug into the controller?

edit: yep, they do. what a pain in the butt. I have a pair of trittons that I use for my ps3, but they work with the 360. I never use it that way, sucks to have a bunch of cables everywhere.

[quote name='$hady']Are you me OP? I posted in the Amazon thread earlier about doing the exact same thing. Good thing we forgot! ;)[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah most times when I procrastinate I miss out on the good deals but this time it actually worked out. :)

Can't wait to try out this headset since I'm still using the crappy one that came with my Xbox. I also plan on using it as a PC headset.

how is the comfort on these headphones and are they around the ear or just on the ear? I'm currently using the triton 720s but they are not really comfortable with glasses on.

Thinking about picking these up, but reluctant to because of all the wires and having to buy the adapter, since I have my xbox hooked up via HDMI. I do need the adapter, correct? Which adapter are you guys using and/or would recommend?

[quote name='squishface']how is the comfort on these headphones and are they around the ear or just on the ear? I'm currently using the triton 720s but they are not really comfortable with glasses on.[/QUOTE]They fit around the ear and are fine with my glasses. Used them for about a year and have found them quite comfortable for multi-hour sessions.

Good price but I bought a 360 Wireless Headset recently and it works really well. I'm vary of third party peripherals for some odd reason.

Gee, they are practically giving these things away at that price! I have had the x11's for about a year now, and they are by far the BEST headphones i have ever owned for gaming or otherwise (tv,movies, ect) I am all over this for myself and for gifts......

had a pair of these originally for my 360, then sold them, once i decided to go wireless, and have ps3 compatibility with my XP500's. then I decided I wanted a nice PC headset, and thought i picked up a steal of a deal on a pair of open box x12's at 28 bucks shipped a couple of months ago. like everyone else said, these are well worth the money at this price.

Just wanted to chime in here. I LOVE these! I've had them for around a year and absolutely love them. Good sound quality and comfortable! What more could you ask for.

I really really like these as well, so comfortable. I just bought a pair of skull candies for 40 bucks though :(. I wanted a second pair just for PC.

Wish i'd noticed your Wal-mart post this morning, just spotted and was coming to post it myself. Shows in stock at every store around me so I did a pick-up for today and cancelled my still waiting to ship Amazon order. Same price and no waiting beats my plan of finding it in a store today and buying then returning the Amazon headset for a refund.

[quote name='Trudy']Price is back up to $55 on Amazon. :([/QUOTE]

Buy from Wal-mart, same price and might be available for in store delivery today.

Or wait and watch Amazon offer it tomorrow for the same or $25. Started on sale for $35 on BF.

[quote name='$hady']Buy from Wal-mart, same price and might be available for in store delivery today.

Or wait and watch Amazon offer it tomorrow for the same or $25. Started on sale for $35 on BF.[/QUOTE]

For some reason I can't even select the pickup at store option. It just says the item is out of stock, and won't let me select the option for pickup at store. How did you go about ordering it from Walmart's website? Oddly enough it says it's in stock at my store.

[quote name='therealdanhill']do these have to plug into the controller?

edit: yep, they do. what a pain in the butt. I have a pair of trittons that I use for my ps3, but they work with the 360. I never use it that way, sucks to have a bunch of cables everywhere.[/QUOTE]

In case anyone is considering these for PC they do have the standard green headphone, pink mic jack and usb (for power). I've been using these for PC gaming for over a year now and they are fantastic even at $50. They sound excellent with BF3!

I paid $45 for mine and I'm pretty happy with them, other than my unfortunate tendency to yell when I can't hear myself talk. Pair them up with the turtle beach DSS surround processor on eBay for around $28-$30 and you got a cheap DX12 surround setup.

[quote name='dafoomie']I paid $45 for mine and I'm pretty happy with them, other than my unfortunate tendency to yell when I can't hear myself talk. Pair them up with the turtle beach DSS surround processor on eBay for around $28-$30 and you got a cheap DX12 surround setup.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir, and to you as well OP. Ordered a set and will look into the processor to boost it up a bit.

bread's done
Back