Toys R Us weekly ad 11/25 to 12/1

LouieT

CAGiversary!
Paper ad this week.

Hardware deals:

:360: Buy the 4GB Xbox 360 Kinect bundle for $249.99, get the :360: Air Flo controller for free.

:ds: Buy any DSi, get :ds: Lego Battles Ninjago for free.

:3ds: Buy either a 3DS for $169.99 or 3DS XL for $199.99, get either :3ds: Style Savvy Trendsetters or :3ds: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask for $10.

30% Off all controller charging stations. Chargers shown in ad:
:360: Nyko Charge Station S $20.99
:ps3: Nyko Charge Base 3 $20.99
:wii: Nyko Charge Station Dual $13.99

:360: Kinect sensor $99.99

:360: Buy the Kinect sensor, get a 3-month Xbox Live Gold card for $12.49.

Game deals:

Buy 3 for $35 on all video games priced between $14.99 to $19.99

Buy any 2 for $35:
:ds: Ben 10 Omniverse
:ds: Big Time Rush
:ds: Bratz Fashion Boutique
:ds: Lalaloopsy: Carnival of Friends
:ds: Lego Lord of the Rings
:ds: Mama's Combo Pack Volume 2
:ds: Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze
:ds: Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park
:ds: Poptropica Adventures
:ds: Power Rangers Samurai
:ds: Thundercats
:ds: Transformers Prime
:ds: Victorious: Taking the Lead
:ds: Winx Club: Magical Fairy Party
:ds: Wreck-It Ralph

:wii: & WiiU: Buy either Epic Mickey 2 or Just Dance 4 for :wii: or WiiU, get any :wii: or WiiU game at 50% off.

:360::ps3: Buy either :360::ps3: Black Ops 2, :360::ps3: Assassin's Creed 3, or :360: Halo 4 for $59.99, get any :360: or :ps3: game at 50% off.

:3ds: Buy either :3ds: Paper Mario Sticker Star or :3ds: Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion for $39.99, get any :3ds: game at 50% off.

Skylanders deals:

Buy 2 Get the 3rd Free on all Skylanders Spyro's Adventures single character action figure packs.

Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off all Skylanders Giants figures and accessories.

:360::ps3::wii::3ds: & WiiU: Skylanders Giants starter pack $59.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!! I guess I know what to use my Groupon on since my niece wants Just Dance 4 for the Wii for Christmas so I'll get her that and New Super Mario Bros U for myself for $30. I hope you can mix and match systems .

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wishful thinking but I'd love to see some $60 Wii U games for $40 before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

ScribblenautsU is at Target for $39.99 starting tomorrow.

[quote name='LouieT']

:3ds: Buy either a 3DS for $169.99 or 3DS XL for $199.99, get either :3ds: Style Savvy Trendsetters or :3ds: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask for free.

[/QUOTE]

You get either game for $10, not free

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wishful thinking but I'd love to see some $60 Wii U games for $40 before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

They still have buy 1 get 1 40% off on some titles. I was able to get mario at full price, and sonic racing for 23 dollars today as an online order.

[quote name='matchu']ScribblenautsU is at Target for $39.99 starting tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, should've been $39.99 at launch, and on sale for less. Too bad this is one of a few titles that cannot be had on other consoles for much less. I wish Nintendo and other publishers luck trying to sell some of this stuff. Let's see... Batman AC GoY for $10-$20 elsewhere or Wii-u for $60.00.

Buy 3 for $35 on all video games priced between $14.99 to $19.99

That's pretty good. I got Wii for 99 bucks( plus $10 in points) at Sears Friday morning so this is a perfect deal to get some nintendo Selects. Will end up cheaper($11.67 each) than they do during a B2G1 Free sale( $13.33 each)

last year they had this buy 1 get 1 50% off deal on call of duty modern warfare 3, assassins creed revelations, rayman origins and another game i can't remember

i got call of duty and rayman and was expecting it to be $90, it was $60 total

was it a glitch in the system or am i not reading this right? i hope to get black ops 2 and halo 4 for $60 total

[quote name='brutalny']They still have buy 1 get 1 40% off on some titles. I was able to get mario at full price, and sonic racing for 23 dollars today as an online order.[/QUOTE]

Right now the only Wii U game I want that I don't have is Darksiders 2. I have ZombiU, BO2 and NSMBU (and Nintendo Land but I'm yet to open that one).

Kinda interested in that Transformers game unless it's awful. No interest in Epic Mickey 2. I could see myself getting Sonic Racing at some point...

[quote name='boogie4114']Nice!! I guess I know what to use my Groupon on since my niece wants Just Dance 4 for the Wii for Christmas so I'll get her that and New Super Mario Bros U for myself for $30. I hope you can mix and match systems .[/QUOTE]

But doesn't that Groupon expire today?
The Fine Print

Expires Dec 24, 2012
Limit 1 per person. In-store only. Not valid outside USA. Not valid until 11/23/12 at 5PM. Not valid toward Buyer Protection Plan, gift cards including those for digital content, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, or shipping & handling. Valid only on a purchase of $20 or more. Not withstanding anything above or below, vouchers not valid with Toys"R"Us after 12/24/12. Thereafter, Groupon will refund amount paid in Groupon credit for unredeemed vouchers. See full terms and conditions.

I need two copies of Halo 4 and can get it for $90 this week but that's still too much for me.

I don't plan on ever buying games full price unless I can get another for free.

Still a great deal.

[quote name='Barry Burton']last year they had this buy 1 get 1 50% off deal on call of duty modern warfare 3, assassins creed revelations, rayman origins and another game i can't remember

i got call of duty and rayman and was expecting it to be $90, it was $60 total

was it a glitch in the system or am i not reading this right? i hope to get black ops 2 and halo 4 for $60 total[/QUOTE]

It was a glitch in the system. I remember getting MW3 and Rayman Origins for $60 total.

This might be a good excuse to get Assassins Creed 3 just to get another game at 50% off. Groupon deal sweetens the pot.

EDIT: Another BALLER deal from TRU! Got Halo 4 and Hitman. With the deal as well as the $20 Groupon, the total for both games was $76.14. Can't beat that!

3 for 35 would be great if the TRU "value game" stock didn't suck so much. How would I get the games I want? Ship to store and return and rebuy?

[quote name='TooPoor']3 for 35 would be great if the TRU "value game" stock didn't suck so much. How would I get the games I want? Ship to store and return and rebuy?[/QUOTE]
They didn't say anything about it having to be a "value game". Does it say that in the ad?

[quote name='TooPoor']3 for 35 would be great if the TRU "value game" stock didn't suck so much. How would I get the games I want? Ship to store and return and rebuy?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']They didn't say anything about it having to be a "value game". Does it say that in the ad?[/QUOTE]
I thought all 19.99 and under games are in their value games bin?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Are you talking about the value games that have stickers on them or just the fact that they put all the cheap games in a bin?[/QUOTE]
In a bin. Sorry I don't frequent TRU and am not familiar with their jargon. But I remember they have two section, the glass case houses all the overpriced MSRP games, and another shelf with the sign value games, and they are $19.99

[quote name='prim4444']You get either game for $10, not free[/QUOTE]
#-o
Thanks, OP corrected

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']They didn't say anything about it having to be a "value game". Does it say that in the ad?[/QUOTE]

The ad is now up on toysrus.com, so here is a screencap:
2d287wx.jpg

Nothing was printed about "value games".

[quote name='LouieT']#-o
Thanks, OP corrected

The ad is now up on toysrus.com, so here is a screencap:
2d287wx.jpg

Nothing was printed about "value games".[/QUOTE]
Forget I said "value games", sorry for any confusion. I just automatically assumed that all $19.99 and under games at TRU are labeled "value games", since that's all I see at my local TRU. To be honest I had no idea that "value games" had a special meaning in TRU jargon.

So glad I just purchased my groupon and decided to wait for a sale to use it on. Thanks OP. Now to figure out what which Wii U game to get for 50% off....

[quote name='DemonsMaster']So glad I just purchased my groupon and decided to wait for a sale to use it on. Thanks OP. Now to figure out what which Wii U game to get for 50% off....[/QUOTE]

What's the groupon deal about?

[quote name='Police']What's the groupon deal about?[/QUOTE]

$10 for a $20 voucher for use on pretty much everything in-store at Toys R Us (excludes gift cards and a few other things).

Hmm here's my chance to get hit man for $29. Lol just like 2 weeks ago halo 4 and black ops 2 for $29 each. And just return the $59 game lol. Awesome deal, here I go again.

[quote name='thegame956']Hmm here's my chance to get hit man for $29. Lol just like 2 weeks ago halo 4 and black ops 2 for $29 each. And just return the $59 game lol. Awesome deal, here I go again.[/QUOTE]

What are you taking about? Tru would give you a $45 refund if you bought two $60 games and returned one.

Will the buy 1 g1 40% off stack with the groupon deal? We saw a lot of "Can not be combined with other offers" disclaimers at Tru the other day.

the online $10-20 list is pretty deceiving, there are plenty of other $20 games, e.g. rayman origins, shadows of the damned that can be used

probably going to pick up dark souls, shadows of the damned, and lego pirates. $9 a game after tax is good enough

Heads up, I just got back from tru and the 3 for $35 deal did not ring up correctly for me. I had to convince them the deal was active even though they had signs up everywhere. They ended up giving me the deal but then pulled down the signs until they could get "more information" from their dm on the deal. 2 or the games I purchased were clearance priced at $15 but their original prices of $40 each so that could have been an issue knowing tru's pos system.

Hopefully this was an isolated issue and no one else will have a problem but i wanted to mention it just in case.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']Yes, I used the groupon on a purchase with a b1g1 40% off skylanders giants.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Guess I need me some groupon!

can i get halo 4 at full prioe then get black op 2 at %50 off?--i ak becaue i tried doing it online but the cart is trying to charge full price for both

Anyone try this online? If i combine any of those 3 with some other game like...Borderlands 2 for example..it works BUT If i chose halo 4 then Black Ops 2...it will let me put Halo in the cart but NOT BlackOps 2..first time i tried it I was using chrome as per my previous pot...this time i am trying to use IE

[quote name='strife01104']can i get halo 4 at full prioe then get black op 2 at %50 off?--i ak becaue i tried doing it online but the cart is trying to charge full price for both[/QUOTE]
I got two copies of black ops 2 in store and it worked. I didn't try the 3 for $35 though since they didn't have 3 games I wanted.

Does anyone know if they sell play station allstars battle royale at toysrus? I really need that game for a gift but can't find any deals on it

[quote name='jrr6415sun']Does anyone know if they sell play station allstars battle royale at toysrus? I really need that game for a gift but can't find any deals on it[/QUOTE]

They had both the vita and ps3 version at my store.

FYI Little Big Planet 2 SE is available as part of the 3 for $35 deal. I don't know if the price dropped because of cyber monday but I ended up picking up LBP 2 SE, Mario Power Tennis and Mario Strikers as well as a set of legendary series 1 skylanders that are on sale for $14.99.

will bestbuy match the b1g1 50% off?

[quote name='rant']They had both the vita and ps3 version at my store.[/QUOTE]

my store doesn't even sell vita games.. and all the stores around me i've called say they don't have the ps3 game.. I thought it was supposed to be a popular game

Prob YMMV depending if they consider it a bundle deal or not. I hope so since I have a bunch of credit at BB.

When can we start PMing again anyways?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']will bestbuy match the b1g1 50% off?

my store doesn't even sell vita games.. and all the stores around me i've called say they don't have the ps3 game.. I thought it was supposed to be a popular game[/QUOTE]

I do not think best buy will match b1g1 offers but I could be wrong.

My store was actually putting all stars out while I was there so either they are slack when it comes to stocking the shelves or they sold out and just got some copies back in. :)

bread's done
Back