Far Cry 3 December 4

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#31 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

The co-op looks pretty linear, but feel free to hit me up for it :)

Done. I have WAAAYYY too many CAG members I haven't seen nor heard or played with in literally months. Definitely hitting you up later this week for a few sessions.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#32 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

So apparently when you put ai or vehicles on a custom map you can't play the maps with anyone. What a massive fail

Formerly known as slickkill77

#33 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

So apparently when you put ai or vehicles on a custom map you can't play the maps with anyone. What a massive fail

Well if the MP does not support that I am not sure how that is a fail? It's not Halo.
Posted Image

#34 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well if the MP does not support that I am not sure how that is a fail? It's not Halo.

How is that not a fail? What's the point of making a custom map if you can't play it with your friends even in a private match. No one is going to stick with the multiplayer as it is. People are pissed about it. Think about how much fun it would be to make maps with AI, and vehicles and then run through it with your friends. Why would you want to create a custom map and only play by yourself?

#35 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

It is simple. The AI and vehicles are for the single player portion of the map editor. The whole point of the MP part is to share with the community to play on not for private matches. Having the ability to create single player levels with AI in the first place is pretty awesome and beyond what most developers would do. Calling an editor with over 2,000 different items a "massive fail" just because your mp map cannot have jeeps or tigers on them is pretty childish. I am amazed at how this community continues to be a bunch of whiners no matter how much better and bigger games get. Some people are never satisfied.

#36 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

This guide can help you find the letters of the lost in Far Cry 3

Far Cry 3 Letters Of The Lost Locations
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#37 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

It's a multiplayer that no one is going to play. The community will be dead within a month. Does anyone really care about sharing maps for a community that's basically going to be non existent? People would be happier if they allowed us to put AI and vehicles and play it with our friends. What exactly is the point of creating a single player map when the only objective is going to be: kill

It's not childish. It's realistic. They're unranked matches anyway. I'm willing to bet a lot more people would be interested in playing co-op on created maps with animals/ai/vehicles than playing on created maps with none of that for a DOA vs mode. Is it also childish to expect a party system? That's not in the game either.

I think this 71 page thread on the UBI forum speaks pretty loudly
http://forums.ubi.co...player-VOTE-NOW

Edited by slickkill77, 03 December 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#38 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

Far Cry 3: List of All Signature Weapons
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#39 bkruz11

bkruz11

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Might have to pick up this game now.

small.png

#40 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

9.5 on JustPushStart.com

#41 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Picked mine up this morning. A while ago when I preordered it, I told my wife we could call it a Christmas present, and she could wrap it up and put it under the tree for me. Really starting to wish I hadn't said that. With everything I've heard and seen about the game recently, the wait to play it is going to be brutal. :wall:
Posted Image

#42 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

My Xbox won't read this game so i'll have to pick up a new one Friday. My 360 has been acting up for a while but plays every game except Black Ops 2(I can eventually get it to read after a while with some luck) and now this one. For some reason it won't even attempt to read it and give me the unrecognized disc error.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#43 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

Arg Gamefly didn't ship it out to me. Guess I'll have to wait. Good thing is that this will be $30 in a month because it is an UBIsoft game

#44 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I picked it up today from Best Buy with gift cards and Reward Certificates. I will probably try it out tonight.

Edit: This is the review I was waiting for. I am glad I picked it up.

#45 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

3 more hours until I can pla o__o

#46 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Picked it up today. FYI the Gamestop DLC is in the box and it has that stupid "GameStop Exclusive" Band across the top of the artwork.

#47 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Why in the hell were we excited for Call of Duty Black Ops 2 to be released, this is the game that we all should of been waiting for. I was caught off guard by how awesome this game is, it actually got the Sandbox shooter aspect perfect (well better then any other game released). I actually do get that "Skyrim with Guns" feel from it, actually I am enjoying this much more then Skyrim. The intro, graphics, characters, voice overs, story, crafting, hunting, side quest/skill unlocks are all fantastic.

I would of given these scores
Farcry 2- 6.5/10
FarCry 3- 9.5/10 (Yes its that damn good)

Had to pause Farcry 3 and let CAG know whats up this game, well back to playing : )

Edit: How could I have forgot to mention the best villian in years, the physcopath known as the pirate leader Vaas (has a taste of Joker mentallity mixed in for good measure)

Edit #2: I forgot to mention how packed this game is with content
-Full open world single player campaign
-Full co-op campaign (Different from Single player story, locations, and characters)
-Robust Map Editor, that users can create and upload/download new Single/multiplayer maps created by other users.
-Multiplayer competitive/co-op game types

Edited by Poor2More, 04 December 2012 - 11:23 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

wooo that was pretty awesome, I was running through the lush dense jungle at night, not aware of my surroundings and see the natives of the island (good guys, your side) in a gun fight with some pirates, so I figure I go help out so I can loot their weapons/cash from their body......except when I was aiming down my iron sight, lined up a perfect headshot, about to squeeze the trigger, and a snake latches onto my arm with its fangs, so Im frantically trying to break away from the clutch the snake has on my arm, and I faill off a cliff (20-25 foot drop) into a lake, as I drifted towards the bottom so I can heal, I was attacked by an alligator!! I broke free of its bite, and I spot a small hole near the bottom of lake and cliff, and I swim as fast as I could and escaped the alligator and found a hidden loot sack containing "Photo of Naked Dwarf" WTF lol, I love this game just from them string of events.
Posted Image

#49 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

wooo that was pretty awesome, I was running through the lush dense jungle at night, not aware of my surroundings and see the natives of the island (good guys, your side) in a gun fight with some pirates, so I figure I go help out so I can loot their weapons/cash from their body......except when I was aiming down my iron sight, lined up a perfect headshot, about to squeeze the trigger, and a snake latches onto my arm with its fangs, so Im frantically trying to break away from the clutch the snake has on my arm, and I faill off a cliff (20-25 foot drop) into a lake, as I drifted towards the bottom so I can heal, I was attacked by an alligator!! I broke free of its bite, and I spot a small hole near the bottom of lake and cliff, and I swim as fast as I could and escaped the alligator and found a hidden loot sack containing "Photo of Naked Dwarf" WTF lol, I love this game just from them string of events.

LOL, that's awesome. I finally got the disc to read. I'm installing it now..can't wait to try this.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#50 stepasyd

stepasyd

add me on PSN/XBL/STEAM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:07 AM

I've made my way through part of the intro, hope not to spoil anything...but just played the part where you're caged up, and you break out of the cage and making your way out of the pirate camp...and I'm so excited about this game, girlfriend came in and took over the TV..meh..but I'll get a chance to dive back into the game in an hour or so. can hardly wait..

#51 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

LOL, that's awesome. I finally got the disc to read. I'm installing it now..can't wait to try this.

Its hard to explain, its like their is a chain of events like mine that will never happen to anyone else who plays this, basically almost impossible to replicate, which is what I love.

Also for that Dwarf photo I found hidden in a underwater cave, I finally read what it says

"Photo of a Dwarf, a picture of a naked dwarf, laughing and pointing at the camera, and he is not using his fingers......." lol wtf
Posted Image

#52 Danimal

Danimal

CheapAssing it Since 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

Ha ha, that's great. Clearly I'm going to have to stay away from this thread if I'm going to wait until Christmas to play this game. Reading stuff like this will make the next 3 weeks agony. :lol:
Posted Image

#53 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

Random/funny things

I was hunting a pack of Goats (3) with my STG-90/w Red Dot Sight, I carefully went around a huge rock, about 10 feet from the herd, I opened fire and manage to kill 2 of the 3 goats, the last one sprinted towards the shipwrecked ocean (I was getting nervous, Im like can goats swim!?!?) I have 5 bullets left, I sprinted and gave chase while firing all 5 bullets, and 3 made contact, but the other 2 missed their mark. The goat is still breathing, it made it to the ocean sands, and waited to see what I did, I caught my breath and sprinted towards it once again, and it took off towards an abandon beach house by a hillside, I known if the goat made it to the hill, I would never catch it while going up the hill, so I had to think of something quick.....I had a single C4 detonator, so I only had one chance to make this right, as nightfall was coming and I knew the goats only showed up during the day. I sprinted, and chucked the C4 as far as I could with my best guess of the route the goat was planning on running, and I happen to guess it just right.....as the goat made his last sprint towards the rugged hill, I detonated the C4 as they cross path......boom!!!! Goat erupts off the ground cause by the explosion. I Skinned the final goat, and used its pelt to upgrade my quiver : ).

P.S I tried to be politically correct and hunt the goat with my machete....but the goat was just too fast to catch.
Posted Image

#54 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

So far it's not bad. I don't think it's the GOTY I was hoping for, but it's very good.

So far my only random experience is trying to hunt goats to make a weapon holster. There was a large group of about four. I was perched atop my hill surveying them and planning a lethal strike. Suddenly something sprinted by me and all hell broke loose as the goats scattered. So I went down to go kill some goats and to try and figure out what had sprung by me. It was then it came in to clearer view that a leopard and four goats were in a fight to the death. I came in, cleaned up, and ended up with some nice new skins.

#55 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:36 AM

So far it's not bad. I don't think it's the GOTY I was hoping for, but it's very good.

So far my only random experience is trying to hunt goats to make a weapon holster. There was a large group of about four. I was perched atop my hill surveying them and planning a lethal strike. Suddenly something sprinted by me and all hell broke loose as the goats scattered. So I went down to go kill some goats and to try and figure out what had sprung by me. It was then it came in to clearer view that a leopard and four goats were in a fight to the death. I came in, cleaned up, and ended up with some nice new skins.

Trust me you will have plenty of random things happen, makes the world feel more alive then any other game. I had zero expectations for this game to tell you the truth, but after the glowing review scores, I had to buy it. I am loving it because of the RPG elements mixed in, animal hunting and crafting.

Basically what Im saying is, I had no hype for this game at all because of how much I disliked Farcry 2. This game blows me away, and the characters with backstory/intel in handbook is very interesting.
Posted Image

#56 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:39 AM

oh my god so much to do, so little time. only 45 minutes a day with this gem blah

#57 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Loving it

I was on the hunt in a area that is known to have leopards (need their pelts for ammo pouch upgrade), but I dont witness any. Then all of a sudden I hear loud yelling and skidding down the dirt road is a truck with 3 pirates ready to ambush me...and they did just that, I killed one, and had a sliver of life left, so I dodge and sprint for cover behind an abandon shed, and the pirates each took a side of the shed making their way around to corner me from both sides, I manage to heal in time with my syringe.....but I still needed to reload my Assault Rifle. I swore I was doomed, then as one of the pirate made it around the shed to finish me off.....a huge brown bear came out of nowhere, stood on its hine legs, over 8 foot tall, eclipsing the scrawny pirate size, and mauled him to death, I manage to reload, sprinted to other side of the shed, and slid behind the second pirate, and slit his throat with my machete. The bear turned his attention to me and gave out a fierce roar as setting to pounce on me, and since I killed the pirate using my knife, I still had a full magazine left, I unloaded the clip into the bear for the kill, then skinned it for my victory prize.

Sorta funny, the bear saved my life during the ambush, but yet I took its life.
Posted Image

#58 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Any multiplayer impressions? I watched a video of someone playing on youtube, looks like a lot more fun than Halo to be quite honest, it's slower and there's more team play and diversity with the revive, do you revive your team mate and risk dying as well or do you let him bleed out and go on your way or do you stick around and use an enemy waiting to be revived as bait?

I like that there are some rewards for kill streaks but it doesn't go overboard like COD from what I could tell, I saw someone get some sort of gas strike where he launched gas canisters at a certain point in the map but didn't kill anyone and it was difficult to tell where the enemies were from the launcher perspective.

#59 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:23 AM

Game is damn good fun. I've haven't even touched the main or side quest missions. Just been hunting to carry more things and doing the radio towers.

I was going to a radio tower and was driving when I came across an enemy outpost...all of them started shooting. I took off but they did damage to me and set the car on fire...I jumped out and swam across the river with a slither of life left. I ran a bit to make sure they weren't following me. Just when I think i'm out the clear a tiger came out and mauled me to death...lol, I love this game.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#60 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:49 AM

Game is damn good fun. I've haven't even touched the main or side quest missions. Just been hunting to carry more things and doing the radio towers.

I was going to a radio tower and was driving when I came across an enemy outpost...all of them started shooting. I took off but they did damage to me and set the car on fire...I jumped out and swam across the river with a slither of life left. I ran a bit to make sure they weren't following me. Just when I think i'm out the clear a tiger came out and mauled me to death...lol, I love this game.

Bingo! its these unpredicable things that set this game apart.

I spoted 3 deers sprinting from the tall grass (about to the chest of main character) and figure I'll go ahead and clean up, I ran towards them, aim down my Red dot sight of assault rifle...boom one deer dead, boom 2 deer dead, got the last one in my sights, about to pull the trigger and out the corner of my eye I catch what the deer where fleeing from, sprinting from the tale vegetation...a Cheetah....but it was too late, once I tried to flip my weapon to my left side (where the cheetah is located), the lightning quick cheetah put me out of my misery. The deer scurried away, knew it got lucky.
Posted Image