Far Cry 3 December 4

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#61 Poor2More

Poor2More

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:53 AM

I am surprised their is not more CAGS with this game, its too damn good.
Posted Image

#62 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

I've had more jump scare moments with this game than Zombiu. The worst was going through a dark cave, the light pops on and then theres a crocodile lunging right at me.

I highly recommend everyone unlocking the Bull Shotgun. Thing takes down bears & tigers in one shot.

538822.png

#63 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

damn it guys. now i have to go pick this game up over lunch.

#64 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Solid game thus far though I feel the Skyrim comparisons are little overblown. Currently it's a stretch for me to imagine spending the same amount of time I did exploring FC3's SP unless I'm adamantly achievement hunting. The hand-me-down AC map is a royal pain in the ass to navigate on SD (yet another reminder I need to replace my Plasma). Also tying the hunting/crafting mechanic to every single inventory upgrade is becoming a chore to embrace when there's no available alternative. I can buy any instrument of death I please to the point I'm literally gifted them for activating radio towers yet am forced to hunt down f*cking sharks just to carry four weapons and 40 arrows? For zero XP per kill?

...Right.

Everything else aside from that has been golden. I love the fact you can go stealth with a god damn Model '87 out in the jungle to dispatch a group of soldiers without worrying about them using code ESP to auto snipe your current location. Plentiful inventory space after upgrades almost makes me forget about the lack of a storage chest. Vehicle controls are solid enough that for once I wish riding the terrain didn't give me a splitting headache and combining the fast travel system w/ a built in store is pure genius.

Overall I'd say this game is a smart buy for damn near anyone in my opinion. Tons of potential just definitely not a Skyrim killer for me in any sense yet.

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#65 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:15 AM

Having a blast with this game ! There are a few problems, but nothing to bad :D

#66 impostor71

impostor71

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

I picked it up yesterday and played a couple hours last nite. At one point, I was diving in a creek looking for some plants. Out of nowhere an alligator bit my arm. I pulled out the knife/machete and killed it. Its dead carcass sank to the bottom of the river. Good times!

#67 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

The randomness of this game is great.

So i'm on my way to liberate on outpost. I'm about 50 or so feet away and I take my camera out and zoom in to see if I can spot any enemies. I hear a tiger growl...I had been hearing it but never saw anything but this growl sounded very close. I put away my camera, look to the right and nothing. I turn around and a tiger is already in mid leap and pounces on me. I nearly had a heart attack. I manage to kill it, then I get closer to the outpost...about 20 feet away. Now I can see good so I have my camera out and i'm tagging enemies when I hear another tiger growl. I look to the right and there is one about 15 feet from me. He hasn't noticed me yet. I don't want to alert the enemies, and the only quiet weapon I have is a bow so I use that. First shot I get him right in the face, he comes charging at me. Second shot hits him, he's still coming...third shot takes him out literally a second before he would've jumped all over me. So i'm figuring out how i'm going to take over this outpost quietly. There is a sniper up high, and about 4 other guards all standing close to each other, right in front of the alarm. I notice they have a cage with a tiger in it. I shoot the cage with my bow and the tiger obliterates everyone minus the sniper, which I take out with my bow..outpost is now under Rakyat control.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#68 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I saw a review on youtube. The game reminded me of dead island for some reason.. Looks fun though. I might pick it up when the price drops

Posted Image

#69 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Sumatran Tigers are fucking gangsters.

Also gigantic terrifying orange furry tanks of righteous jungle fury when successfully lured into unsuspecting outposts for free 1500 undetected liberation XP.

That is all.

#70 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

I am Delighted to get new version of Far cry. Hope newly added awesome assassination style with better visual effect charm gamer and will rise up amusement once ahead. I can’t wait any more.

wtf?
Posted Image

#71 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:45 AM

I beat the game yesterday.

Awesome game but shitty ending, had 52 hours of fun though

#72 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Got it from Gamefly yesterday and this is the first game I've stayed up all night playing by accident in soooo long. This actually may be my game of the year. I think I may even go for all the achievements!

#73 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

I am Delighted to get new version of Far cry. Hope newly added awesome assassination style with better visual effect charm gamer and will rise up amusement once ahead. I can’t wait any more.

wtf?

lolol

#74 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

wtf?

lolol

I don't think English is his first language.

#75 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

I beat the game yesterday.

Awesome game but shitty ending, had 52 hours of fun though

You put 52 hours in the game in like 2-3 days?

#76 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Just got this today from GS, the mangers get a free copy and the 1 didnt want his so he traded it in for something and I got it from him for $46 (used price) all he had to do was take the wrap off before trading it in/selling to me.

#77 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Spoiler

Quote of the year.

P.S. -
Spoiler

#78 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:17 AM

literally just spent two hours shooting at sharks with my bow

on a side note, don't like how skills are locked by story progression. i have like 7 unusable skill points right now

#79 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:50 AM

So I am 2 hours in and I am still happy with the game but not as crazy as I was before. I t just may be the first hour is really slow in the set up. I am sure things will start to pick up. Another thing that I do not like is the constant reminders popping up. I like that they are trying to be accessible but it really pulls you out the game world when my next mission pops up on the screen every 5 minutes. Sitting hoping to fall in love but I am still just crushing right now.

#80 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

literally just spent two hours shooting at sharks with my bow

on a side note, don't like how skills are locked by story progression. i have like 7 unusable skill points right now

That was my biggest problem. I had 16 unusable skill points by the time I finally hit the point where the skill tree opened up more right before the
Spoiler
mission.

#81 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

Minor complaints with the game so far:

1. Skills locked by story progression
As mentioned before, some people like to spend hours and hours free roaming but end up sitting on 10+ skill points. Kind of discouraging.

2. Too much money and not much to spend it on.
I actually stopped looting bodies a couple of hours in because you accumulate so much money and don't have much incentive to spend. The majority of the weapons get unlocked for free eventually so I found myself spending $15,000 on paint jobs that I'll never use.

3. Bears in caves, where did they go?
The first time you hunt the pair of bears in the cave it's a pretty tense experience, looking around for moving shapes with your flashlight. After that I proceeded through the next few caves slowly but realized that first mission was probably the extent of encounters in the dark.

4. Sharks are meh
Not as intimidating as I thought they'd be. They don't do very much damage to you and aren't very aggressive either.

5. Hunting is cool, but..
I feel like there should be more incentive beyond crafting pack upgrades. Especially since I'm at the halfway point and practically crafted everything already.

#82 HansKaosu

HansKaosu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

You put 52 hours in the game in like 2-3 days?

US is not the center of the earth. We got the game last month in EU

#83 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

US is not the center of the earth. We got the game last month in EU

Someone sounds bitter.

#84 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

great game, but yeah i was sitting on 7 skill points and decided to just unlock all the unlockable skills instead of bank my points cuz even after doing the next 5 story missions they still werent unlocking more skills yet.
also i got a 360 code for bestbuy lost expedition dlc missions and flare gun in mp. any way to sell this or trade for like psn points or something? peace all

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#85 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

This game is awesome. Vas is insane and I only just started. What's with the main characters haircut though? : \

Formerly known as slickkill77

#86 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yeah now that I am 6 hours into the game I am loving it. I am amazed how well it conveys emotion during the cutscenes. The voice acting is top notch. The randomness is awesome also. I was doing an early mission where
Spoiler
. After I finish I decide to run instead of fight so I dive into the river to get away and a dam croc attacks me. It scared me half to death but I kill the bastard and took his skin and still escaped.

#87 shotgunshine

shotgunshine

The People's Champ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:07 AM

Agree with what several of yall have said. You shouldn't have to do story missions to be able to unlock skills. I've hardly done any main quests. I've just been taking over outposts and unlocking the map with the radio towers. The game is great though. So far, thats my only complaint.

jukeboxtimebomb.png

#88 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:28 AM

I think the main reason they lock the skills is that it serves the story. The idea that Jason starts off as this completely green guy who has never fired a gun into this warrior. I think if they allowed you to level up too fast it would not follow his transformation. It is a ding on the gameplay development but I like they want to tell this story and have your abilities mirror that progression. The tree opens up enough after meeting Citra that it is not a huge deal but you can definitely get way ahead in the beginning since your focus right off the bat is to explore.

#89 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I think the main reason they lock the skills is that it serves the story. The idea that Jason starts off as this completely green guy who has never fired a gun into this warrior. I think if they allowed you to level up too fast it would not follow his transformation. It is a ding on the gameplay development but I like they want to tell this story and have your abilities mirror that progression. The tree opens up enough after meeting Citra that it is not a huge deal but you can definitely get way ahead in the beginning since your focus right off the bat is to explore.

It's understandable that Jason develops over the story but I think they could have set it up in a different way. If they segmented skill unlocks based on requirements that needed to be met in the world it would have worked better and flowed more naturally with free roam.

For example, performing a certain amount of takedown from aboves unlocks the double takedown from above, a certain amount of regular takedowns unlocks the chain takedowns, a certain amount of animal encounters unlocks the various hunt related skills. This way you feel as if you are actually becoming a badass through experience- the more you use a certain weapon, the faster you get at reloading and the better you get at hip firing. Skills like fire resistance and being able to stay underwater longer can be story related unlocks as they have more of a supernatural progression behind them.

Of course this is all just an opinion, I do still love this game.

#90 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

OT: I wasn't interested in the new tomb raider until I saw this video

Looks like it will have a similar feel to it :)