Wii Play + Black Motion Plus Controller - $15 at Wal-Mart

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#31 morbitrius

morbitrius

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Fortunately, I was able to track down 3 of these at 2 different stores. Ordered online, selected site to store pickup, and everything went well. All three included the wii motionplus controllers. Thanks, OP!

Now, to find a good deal on some nunchucks to accompany these...

#32 HomieGFunk03

HomieGFunk03

The Pied Piper of Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

They canceled my order as well.

#33 denvilcahill

denvilcahill

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

I picked up two in store on Friday just so I could have the Wii Motes. If I remember correctly I think it used to say "Only in stores" where it now says "Also in stores." I had to argue with them to get it that there was no order button and the site said I could only get them in stores...

#34 jeffg

jeffg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

i got 3 of them just now picked up. 2 for use on my wii-u and one for a gift.

great post

#35 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the post; put a couple of orders in, hopefully they come through. This will be handy if I decide to keep the Wii U.

#36 Darth Indy

Darth Indy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

Took the webpage printout to Walmart. They have 6 behind the glass case but they say they dont price match their own website. They ring up at $49 in store. Talked with the manager directly too, still wouldnt let me buy them at $15. They even looked it up online and saw it was offered at $15 on their site. They told me to order it online and ship to store. I told them I cant the website is gliched and says out of stock and wont let me order even though you have 6 right here! They still wouldnt sell 1 to me.

Same just happened to me. So frustrating and ridiculous.

#37 blackwaltz34

blackwaltz34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

made an order for one last night and picked it up this morning without any problems

#38 GameSmacker

GameSmacker

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

Tried purchasing it online for in-store pickup but no dice. Will not allow you to change your shipping option and says the item is out of stock online even if it is available in stores.

#39 greg8920

greg8920

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Placed order online this morning. Get to store and they said order was cancelled due to item being out of stock. Cashier even said she clearly saw it on the shelf. Assistant Manager Bill price matched website. It helped that I had printed out the webpage. Thanks OP.

#40 FierceDeityLink1

FierceDeityLink1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

Picked up 2 earlier, traded in the game to Best Buy for $7.50 each. Good deal.

#41 Jive689

Jive689

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Just picked one up, thanks! While I'm not sure why I get excited about them, 50 club nintendo points for the game.

#42 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

We just bought a Wii U for Christmas and have no Wiimotes so I snagged 3 of them. $45 vs. $120 is a steal. Stupid overpricing of these remotes.

#43 Downhome

Downhome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:07 PM

I just picked up two. I ordered two, got an email saying one was ready and the other canceled. I went in, they got the one, and I explained I ordered two but one was canceled and that I saw a whole bunch on these shelf. They went to the games, grabbed another one, and I left with two. Great deal!

If you had one or all of them canceled, go to the store and check if they have it on the shelf then go back to order pickup and show them your order email. You may have luck!

#44 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

ps3 control cost 54 and 360 is 50. not sure how its over priced, lol.

#45 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Ordered this morning, picked up bout half hour ago, no probs!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#46 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:37 PM

Well, I am going to need a nunchuk and those are another $20. For a complete Wii controller set up you need to spend about $60 retail. A system is $89 by itself right now darn it.

Still, I have never spent $50 for a PS3 or 360 controller, and even so they are far better than a Wiimote in my opinion. However, just because they are all around the same price doesn't mean they still aren't overpriced. We get hosed on controllers and accessories.

Just wait until the Wii U controllers come out. If rumors are true and they are around $130-$150, that's absurd.

#47 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, but wouldnt be a point in one till a game comes out that uses 2 pads.

#48 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yeah, but wouldnt be a point in one till a game comes out that uses 2 pads.

Well, if you break one, you need a replacement. Especially if it's out of warranty or not covered by it.

Anyway, off topic. $15 is the perfect price for these. We're now all set for Christmas morning.

#49 chopper731

chopper731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

Even though it has already been confirmed I will also chime in to say that I picked mine up and it does, indeed, include the black wiimote plus controller. I do agree that the wiimotes are over priced. I think all the controllers are over priced but at least the PS3 controller has an included (good) battery.

By the way... this was my first time doing an in-store pick up at Walmart so I must warn everyone that you do have to wait in the customer service/return line... Which means you could be in for a long wait. However, the Walmart crowd does usually provide pretty good entertainment while you are waiting. An opened bag of Doritos and a TV from a different retailer being returned made the line go much quicker.

#50 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:50 PM

Reserved and picked up the last 2 at my local store. Had to wait a few minutes before I just went walking in the employee back room looking for help. Trade in value for one of the games was 5.50 at Gamestop.
Posted Image

#51 Dr. Dib

Dr. Dib

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

By the way... this was my first time doing an in-store pick up at Walmart so I must warn everyone that you do have to wait in the customer service/return line... Which means you could be in for a long wait. However, the Walmart crowd does usually provide pretty good entertainment while you are waiting. An opened bag of Doritos and a TV from a different retailer being returned made the line go much quicker.

Might be different per store. I waited at Customer Service before being told I had to go to the layaway department. Neither had a line that was too bad while I was there though, so I can't complain too much.

#52 SaraAB

SaraAB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

I was just able to order one now for store pickup at a store that had it in stock, if any store near you has it in stock you should be able to order it.

#53 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

But neither of them require a $20 add-on to make them able to play the majority of games...

#54 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

I just bought a used Wii for $40, and to my dismay it is non Wiimotion plus and lacked a nunchuck. My local stores have "limited stock" but when I try to order for in-store pickup it says they are out of stock.
Am I boned?

#55 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

I was just able to order one now for store pickup at a store that had it in stock, if any store near you has it in stock you should be able to order it.

False. It's only showing as "NOT AVAILABLE FOR HOME FREE".

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#56 Fabs

Fabs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

My store was just lazy. I placed an order around 2 was cancelled a couple hours earlier saying no stock. I then went to the store myself got the game from case and took it to site to store where they refused to give it to me for 15$ despite their incompetence. They said I had to reorder from the site in order to get that price. They still haven't confirmed my pickup.

#57 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Ordered one for in-store pickup. If it comes up correctly, I'll likely make another account and go grab a second bundle. I really need some Wiimotes.

#58 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

What browser are you guys using?

Currently playing:

#59 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

I used Firefox (17.0).

#60 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:06 AM

Well, it's not the browser. Something is screwy. I can't choose Pickup Today despite several stores saying they have it in stock.

Currently playing: