Photo
- - - - -

Holiday Anime Sale @ Amazon.com (mainly FUNimation & Viz Media titles)

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#1 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

Cyber Monday Deals @ Amazon.com (tons of FUNimation titles added)

EDIT: updated links -> LINK / LINK | Offers expire on December 24th

Some of the deal highlights [updated]:

FUNimation
Spoiler

Viz Media
Spoiler

Other Deals

Edited by WTK, 27 November 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#2 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 02:34 PM

Picked up Dragonball Z Kai Season 3 and Shana Season 1. GREAT prices on those. Was tempted to get Heaven's Lost Property, but I am going to keep to my original edict of waiting for the complete collection sometime next year.

Edited by DNukem170, 25 November 2012 - 02:49 PM.

#3 FireWarrior

FireWarrior

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Are these going to be discounted on Monday?

#4 TheAggroCraig

TheAggroCraig

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ouran High School Blu Ray for $21 is so tempting...

Posted Image

(Ex: Buy/Half/DeepDiscount/Gamestop.com/etc)

#5 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Has anyone watched Robotech in the last 10 years? How does it hold up? I remember loving it as a kid but have never pulled the trigger on any of the dvds.

#6 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

Nice, I got the last 5 DBZ seasons I needed.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#7 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'll give Strike Witches a shot.

#8 l337m4573rpyr0

l337m4573rpyr0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Snagged Trigun: BLR, Last Exile, and the Eden of the East movies. Would've never noticed this sale otherwise. Thanks OP.
My somewhat updated collection and updated "currently playing" list: http://www.playfire.com/l337m4573rpyr0

#9 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

Wow, i'm spending so much this black friday/cyber monday. Definitely gonna pick up Samurai 7 and Samurai Champloo. Pretty sure i'm getting Claymore and Gotham Knight as well. Been waiting for some drops on good anime for a while.

#10 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Just to make sure are they already as low as they are gonna be? Just asking because I have seen summer wars around this price for a while... or at least every time I look at it.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#11 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Just to make sure are they already as low as they are gonna be? Just asking because I have seen summer wars around this price for a while... or at least every time I look at it.

These will probably be as low as they get as far as Amazon's Funimation sale goes for the rest of the year. They may do some towards the beginning of the year for some of these, but they tend to be a bit higher during the New Year sales and what not, so it's hard to say. And Rightstuf sales are right around the corner, so that's another obstacle in trying to gauge if it will go cheaper or not. Most of these probably won't go that much cheaper anyways, especially the blu-ray sets, so those are probably your best bet.
Posted Image

#12 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Dang it, Steins;Gate isn't included. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#13 beefytwinkie

beefytwinkie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

This is a really off-topic question and I feel kinda silly asking this but I must ask:

How long did it take to put the OP together? Is there a special technique or do they have to be input one at a time?

Whatever the case is, I want to say: Thank you, WTK, for putting the list together. I have much to buy and you made my life so much simpler. It really is appreciated, man. Rock on.

#14 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 25 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

Has anyone watched Robotech in the last 10 years? How does it hold up? I remember loving it as a kid but have never pulled the trigger on any of the dvds.

I tried getting into the classic years ago and IMO it didn't hold up as my first exposure to it. The more modern series were pretty cool though. I remember Zero being short and sweet.

#15 hpbbes

hpbbes

I typo'd my username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

I tried getting into the classic years ago and IMO it didn't hold up as my first exposure to it. The more modern series were pretty cool though. I remember Zero being short and sweet.

Thanks. I have found memories of a lot 80's animation but it rarely holds up. Nostalgia is a bitch.

#16 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Depends on the product. DBZ Kai, Heaven's Lost Property, and Shana have never been this low outside of eBay.

#17 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hello everyone, are there any plans for combined releases of the Naruto Shippudens or are these boxsets the best way to get that series? Thanks!

#18 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 25 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hello everyone, are there any plans for combined releases of the Naruto Shippudens or are these boxsets the best way to get that series? Thanks!

The sets aren't done releasing yet, so probably won't be until all of them have been released. Kind of like what they did with the original Naruto box sets, and then they came out with the combined sets after the original set was fully released.
Posted Image

#19 bizman316

bizman316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Has anyone seen hero tales. It seems interesting but not sure if I want to blind buy it.

#20 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

Are these going to be discounted on Monday?

The Viz and WB stuff have been on sale all week. The FUNimation most likely will be. It's hard to say when the expiration date isn't stated (from what I can see).

Titles that are close to or over 60% off are likely the lowest they will be this holiday season.

How long did it take to put the OP together? Is there a special technique or do they have to be input one at a time?

No special technique. I have most the URLs with the titles from previous sales on text file format. It's about just checking the sales price from the Amazon sales link.

#21 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Has anyone seen hero tales. It seems interesting but not sure if I want to blind buy it.

It's OK. Solid adventure series but nothing groundbreaking.

#22 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

One Piece, all mine. \o/

...and Ouran too.

#23 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

Looks great. Too bad I don't have money to enjoy it. :lol:

Btw, if anyone is interested. Death Note Re-Light, Vol.1 and 2 are 3.99 each at Best Buy, YMMV of course.

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#24 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

And here I told myself I was done spending this weekend after getting my vita and tv.

But oh well, have to get that Fairy Tail

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#25 Squall_L_FF8

Squall_L_FF8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:47 AM

I got Dragon Ball Kai Set 3, Naruto Shippuuden Movie 2, and Chobits all on blu-ray. Been waiting forever for DB Kai Set 3 to drop in price since it came out. There are other sets I am interested in getting also, but my wallet has been bled dry in the past few days.

#26 whippleman

whippleman

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:07 AM

And here I told myself I was done spending this weekend after getting my vita and tv.

But oh well, have to get that Fairy Tail

Uh Oh someone should have waited

Posted Image Anime Today ‏@animetoday

http://RightStuf.com : Day 1 Clue: "On the first day of savings, Santa Kleckner gave to me… A guild of wizards under the tree."

#27 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:19 AM

Uh Oh someone should have waited

Doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be cheaper though. Rightstuf ran some same sale items last year too, but some were more expensive from Rightstuf than they were with the Amazon sale, so we'll just have to see.
Posted Image

#28 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

I spent too much money my wallet can't take much more of this but my credit card on the other hand may be able to take a little more punishment...

Edited by GogetaSS4, 26 November 2012 - 04:40 AM.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#29 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:26 AM

so these cyber deals how long do they usually last??? as in is it monday only or what???

#30 SpiderKnight

SpiderKnight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:33 AM

I hate buying Funimation box sets that are split into mutliple seasons like Shakugan 1 or Strike Witches 1, becuase I know down the line they'll be re-released as complete box sets in the near future.

I'm hoping I learned my lesson now after being burned by their other releases.