Photo
- - - - -

Holiday Anime Sale @ Amazon.com (mainly FUNimation & Viz Media titles)

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#61 ZeroFlame15

ZeroFlame15

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:07 PM

sigh, my wallet is already crying but there's so much I want to buy but so little money atm.

Same here.

#62 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

Could anyone recommend Texhnololyze, Shakugan no Shana, Strike Witches or Ga-Rei Zero? Been looking at Ga-Rei Zero and Texhnolyze for awhile but I'm a fan of a decent blind buy.

Strike Witches is meh. Unless you like fan service. S2 was more fan service.

Shana is ok. I thought the romance was sappy. Not an A+ anime, but it's above average. Have it too, but largely due to liking Noizi Ito and Rie Kugimiya.

Have Ga Rei Zero as well, but haven't bothered watching it. Never heard much about it.

I don't have Texhnolyze, but I remember a friend complaining about it back when it came out. It doesn't appeal to me at all.

#63 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

Could anyone recommend Texhnololyze, Shakugan no Shana, Strike Witches or Ga-Rei Zero? Been looking at Ga-Rei Zero and Texhnolyze for awhile but I'm a fan of a decent blind buy.

i havent seen any in the list except ga-rei-zero.

it was honestly pretty good. not the best thing ever but certainly was one of the better ones. my biggest complaint is its 13 episodes when it could of gone to 26 easily. the show is told differently than your usual show too.

#64 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:52 PM

Technolyze is probably the most cerebral of all of Geneon's cerebral anime. It is very graphic, has little action, lots of plot and navel gazing, and less dialog than the Headlines segment of PTI. It is definitely not for everyone.

#65 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Technolyze is probably the most cerebral of all of Geneon's cerebral anime. It is very graphic, has little action, lots of plot and navel gazing, and less dialog than the Headlines segment of PTI. It is definitely not for everyone.

Sounds about up my ally then.

Thanks for all the opinions, I am to the point where I am selling some of my older anime to buy newer ones. Just sold my first 6 bleach boxes for $90 on ebay.:D

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#66 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

is Chaos;Head any good?

I didn't like it very much. Go watch an episode yourself.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#67 Jcaugustine

Jcaugustine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 AM

Strike Witches is meh. Unless you like fan service. S2 was more fan service.

Shana is ok. I thought the romance was sappy. Not an A+ anime, but it's above average. Have it too, but largely due to liking Noizi Ito and Rie Kugimiya.

Have Ga Rei Zero as well, but haven't bothered watching it. Never heard much about it.

I don't have Texhnolyze, but I remember a friend complaining about it back when it came out. It doesn't appeal to me at all.

Pretty much what he said.

Ga Rei Zero is one of the better animes I've seen. Similar to Gungrave in terms of story telling and character development. Recommend it.

Shana's Season 1 is a good price since it has all 25-26 episodes, but Season 2 has been broken up by Funimation up into 13 episodes each (Season 2 Part 1 and Season 2 Part 2) yuck! Good chance either Season 2 will be condensed into a single collection, or both Season 1 and 2 will get the complete collection set (see Soul Eater).

CaptAmericaEagle16f.gif

#68 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Good chance either Season 2 will be condensed into a single collection, or both Season 1 and 2 will get the complete collection set (see Soul Eater).

Probably both. I predict a Season 2 Collection sometime in the late summer or early fall 2013, and a complete series collection (barring another movie, OVA, or season) sometime in 2014.

#69 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

Probably both. I predict a Season 2 Collection sometime in the late summer or early fall 2013, and a complete series collection (barring another movie, OVA, or season) sometime in 2014.

Considering Shana has three seasons, I don't think a complete collection will be out any time soon. I am waiting for the complete season 2 though.

Unless my Shana the Final figure was a fake... =D

#70 SolidSnake86

SolidSnake86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:55 AM

Samurai 7 on BluRay for $20. Uh...yes!

#71 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:31 AM

If I didn't already spend a ton of money last week on games and what not I would probably pick up FMA Brotherhood collection 1 and 2.

#72 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

Considering Shana has three seasons, I don't think a complete collection will be out any time soon. I am waiting for the complete season 2 though.

Unless my Shana the Final figure was a fake... =D

Spoiler

#73 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 08:25 AM

well i broke got batman.....eden of the east and FLCL all on blu ray.

#74 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

The ongoing offers from Cyber Monday @ Amazon.com: LINK and LINK are suppose to last until December 24th (part of the up to 60% off select anime titles).

#75 Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane

Dr. StrangeCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Trigun on blu ray and Summer wars are higher now....guess sale is over.
Dr. Strange CAG- Or how I learned to stop worrying and love cheap stuff.

Posted Image
Christianity: The belief that a Jewish cosmic zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat fruit from a magical tree.

#76 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

Trigun on blu ray and Summer wars are higher now....guess sale is over.

Those and Oblivion Island as well.

#77 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Managed to get Fruits Basket for my nephew.

#78 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

Those and Oblivion Island as well.

Yep, I was planning on getting that one, shouldn't have hesitated. :-(

#79 URABAHN

URABAHN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

I rather liked Strike Witches, saw it on Netflix Instant (dubbed & I still liked it). I was all in on Texhnoloyze & then it got weird. I owned all but the last DVD and not interested in seeing how it ends.

#80 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

Any opinions on Samurai 7?

#81 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:35 AM

Any opinions on Samurai 7?

A guy who used to do some really awesome reviews at Toonzone called it one of the best anime ever and easily the best anime Gonzo has ever done. It is currently airing on Adult Swim, but it views better on DVD/Blu-ray.

#82 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

A guy who used to do some really awesome reviews at Toonzone called it one of the best anime ever and easily the best anime Gonzo has ever done. It is currently airing on Adult Swim, but it views better on DVD/Blu-ray.

Ive only seen up to episode 17 or 18 but was a bit disappointed with Samurai 7. Had too much hype but felt very generic and annoying characters (that little village girl and her big yellow armored robot samurai guy were so annoying).

I'd probably re-watch Afro Samuria than finish up Samurai 7.

#83 WTK

WTK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Here is another link to the FUNimation holiday sale @ Amazon.com (http://astore.amazon...mation_store-20). The sale ends on December 23rd.

#84 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Texhnolyze came in today along side the berserk movie. Haven't had a chance to watch Tex yet but berserk was pretty good, despite the fact I don't care for cg in anime. Soo many anime on my plate, its gonna be a merry christmas after all.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#85 DRevan

DRevan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

Is Sekirei any good, worth picking up Season 1+2?

I wanted to get Shiki, but only part 2 is on sale, so I pass...

#86 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

I personally like it, but it depends on how much fanservice humor and gag boobs you can take. There is also this annoying subplot that still hasn't been resolved in the manga even though it could have been solved in 10 minutes. Season 2 is definitely better and both opening themes are beautiful.

#87 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Texhnolyze came in today along side the berserk movie. Haven't had a chance to watch Tex yet but berserk was pretty good, despite the fact I don't care for cg in anime. Soo many anime on my plate, its gonna be a merry christmas after all.

Yeah, I failed to mention that the CG is a little awkward in another thread. I didn't care for it that much, but otherwise the art is very clean-cut.

#88 kewlmyc

kewlmyc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

I wanted to get Shiki, but only part 2 is on sale, so I pass...

If you like animated titties, you'll like it. The plot is like Pokemon, but with hot girls/occasional guy instead of animals.

#89 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Ive only seen up to episode 17 or 18 but was a bit disappointed with Samurai 7. Had too much hype but felt very generic and annoying characters (that little village girl and her big yellow armored robot samurai guy were so annoying).

I'd probably re-watch Afro Samuria than finish up Samurai 7.

I tend to agree that it is a bit overrated, but that's the problem when you try to make an anime series based on one of the best Japanese films ever. The series is good, but Seven Samurai is much better.

BTW, the robot samurai is the equivalent to Toshiro Mifume's character in the original film.

I saw some of it when I had the Funimation network. A ton of fan service and some harem anime aspects. Those things tend to turn me off of a series.
Posted Image

#90 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Was waiting to see how the 12 Days of Savings on Rightstuf went before I made a purchase. But things are starting to go off sale already on Amazon, so I got: Fruits Basket: Complete Collection (Collector's Edition) & Ai Yori Aoshi: Complete Collection (Classic Line).