Nintendo 3DS $129 at Target 12-2 to 12-8

Hollywood

Banned
Caught a glimpse of next weeks front page ad at work today. Did a double take at the price, but the regular 3DS is dropping to $129 next week. I've seen some register $10 off $100 purchase coupons floating around too, although I'm not sure what triggers them printing. and 5% off with the Target debit/credit card.

Wow $129.99 is a really good price.

I wonder if that is indicative of a MSRP drop on the original 3DS. I don't see why they aren't $149.99 (or lower) now seeing how Nintendo has been dropping the MSRP on the older DS models.

I think that's the best price I've seen from a major retailer. I'm still waiting for a 3DS XL deal, however. Once you've played it, the regular 3DS just doesn't do it.

[quote name='claudespeed']wasn't it always $129.99?[/QUOTE]

Noooo.......

MSRP for the original 3DS has been $169.99 since Nintendo dropped it down from $250 (launch price).

There have been quite a few sales the last two months but $129.99 is the cheapest base price (GC/coupons excluded) I've seen it it since buy.com had them for $130 on Black Friday in 2011.

[quote name='JP73']I think that's the best price I've seen from a major retailer. I'm still waiting for a 3DS XL deal, however. Once you've played it, the regular 3DS just doesn't do it.[/QUOTE]

Last week it was $175, also at Target. Lowest I've seen it then as well. Target does some console manuevering with prices before and after Black Friday, I doubt the XL will go lower though now since it was just last week.

Just bought a 3DS with vita credit for the wife after getting the liberation bundle. May have to buy at target with red card and return to GameStop. Also have one of those $10 off coupons. Mine expires the day this deal starts.

I've been holding out for a deal on the 3DS XL. I don't know how much longer I can hold out against good deals on the regular 3DS.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Just bought a 3DS with vita credit for the wife after getting the liberation bundle. May have to buy at target with red card and return to GameStop. Also have one of those $10 off coupons. Mine expires the day this deal starts.[/QUOTE]
Won't you have a serial # issue?

[quote name='Hollywood']Caught a glimpse of next weeks front page ad at work today. Did a double take at the price, but the regular 3DS is dropping to $129 next week. I've seen some register $10 off $100 purchase coupons floating around too, although I'm not sure what triggers them printing. and 5% off with the Target debit/credit card.[/QUOTE]

Is this for the "flame red" bundle with the game.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']fuck. I just bought this fucking thing at Fry's for $170. Guess it's getting returned.[/QUOTE]

No idea why you would pay retail when you have been on CAG for so long. ;)

[quote name='Blaster man']Is this for the "flame red" bundle with the game.[/QUOTE]

Nope just the regular. Actually had a purple 3DS on the front, but it's all standard systems. Didn't even see the preloaded Mario bundle in store anymore, I think it was just a black friday one time thing.

[quote name='Hollywood']Caught a glimpse of next weeks front page ad at work today. Did a double take at the price, but the regular 3DS is dropping to $129 next week. I've seen some register $10 off $100 purchase coupons floating around too, although I'm not sure what triggers them printing. and 5% off with the Target debit/credit card.[/QUOTE]

I'm calling bullshit, Stores do not typically get next week's ads on the weekend before the next week. In fact i have never seen an ad come in before Tuesday.

[quote name='Solomon87']I'm calling bullshit, Stores do not typically get next week's ads on the weekend before the next week. In fact i have never seen an ad come in before Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

So a poster that's been here since 2003 is going to just make this up...... for attention?

[quote name='Solomon87']I'm calling bullshit, Stores do not typically get next week's ads on the weekend before the next week. In fact i have never seen an ad come in before Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Considering the red 3DS with Mario was $149.99 a 3DS with no game for $129 seems believable to me.

[quote name='GBAstar']So a poster that's been here since 2003 is going to just make this up...... for attention?[/QUOTE]

Errr, it happens all the time are you kidding me? And i am in a position to know about ads for Target and when they get delivered to the stores. Ads for the following week do not show up in store when the current ad is just getting started.

[quote name='Solomon87']Errr, it happens all the time are you kidding me? And i am in a position to know about ads for Target and when they get delivered to the stores. Ads for the following week do not show up in store when the current ad is just getting started.[/QUOTE]

idk about you, but I work at a major retail chain, and aside from the fact that I lack the proper credentials to actually view them, I can find links to ads up to 2-3 weeks out on the company intranet. They're subject to change and not 100% final, but they're there.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Just bought a 3DS with vita credit for the wife after getting the liberation bundle. May have to buy at target with red card and return to GameStop. Also have one of those $10 off coupons. Mine expires the day this deal starts.[/QUOTE]

what's the vita credit?

EDIT: not sure if this is better than the 150 Flame Red Bundle (with the mario game)

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']No idea why you would pay retail when you have been on CAG for so long. ;)[/QUOTE]

Err, actually I was wrong. Looks like I paid $156 shipped for the holiday bundle. Reason I paid that was cuz it was the lowest price on Black Friday deals. I seriously thought that was the lowest it was gonna go this year. :/

[quote name='wilflare']what's the vita credit?

EDIT: not sure if this is better than the 150 Flame Red Bundle (with the mario game)[/QUOTE]

This is better because

A) You can choose your color

B) The Super Mario Land 3D game is not a retail copy that has tangible value (i.e. trade or resale)

Errr, it happens all the time are you kidding me? And i am in a position to know about ads for Target and when they get delivered to the stores. Ads for the following week do not show up in store when the current ad is just getting started.

No it doesn't happen all the time but what DOES happen is people call out an OP in a deal such as this "all the time" because they don't upload receipt scans (see the Sam's Club 3G Vita Deal) or they don't upload ad scans (see the BB Gaming Blowout threads) only to look like a fool once the OP's information is confirmed.

I can think of far more deals that were legitimatized with time then those that were troll attempts or made from misinformation.

[quote name='plutoknight']idk about you, but I work at a major retail chain, and aside from the fact that I lack the proper credentials to actually view them, I can find links to ads up to 2-3 weeks out on the company intranet. They're subject to change and not 100% final, but they're there.[/QUOTE]

Target does not do that at store level, they are ultra paranoid about keeping the ads secret for as long as possible. They do have a list of upcoming deals and it is only a partial list but it only tells you what is going to be on sale and not the price point.

[quote name='GBAstar']

No it doesn't happen all the time but what DOES happen is people call out an OP in a deal such as this "all the time" because they don't upload receipt scans (see the Sam's Club 3G Vita Deal) or they don't upload ad scans (see the BB Gaming Blowout threads) only to look like a fool once the OP's information is confirmed.

I can think of far more deals that were legitimatized with time then those that were troll attempts or made from misinformation.[/QUOTE]

Again, i am calling bullshit on his information because no one at store level has an ad yet for 12-2 to 12-8 because the ads don't get to the stores until Tuesdays at the earliest, any legit Target employee in the know can verify my information. In order for this guy to have seen the ad it would have had to show up last week on or before Friday and that just does not happen at all and we certainly wouldn't get it on the weekend since there are no deliveries on the weekend outside of our truck and sometimes vendors. NO STORES receive ads two weeks out minus black friday and even then we sometimes don't get that until the last second.

[quote name='Solomon87']Again, i am calling bullshit on his information because no one at store level has an ad yet for 12-2 to 12-8 because the ads don't get to the stores until Tuesdays at the earliest, any legit Target employee in the know can verify my information. In order for this guy to have seen the ad it would have had to show up last week on or before Friday and that just does not happen at all and we certainly wouldn't get it on the weekend since there are no deliveries on the weekend outside of our truck and sometimes vendors. NO STORES receive ads two weeks out minus black friday and even then we sometimes don't get that until the last second.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he doesn't work at Target or maybe his store is different then yours? Just a reminder but we have had people in the past who work for the companies that page together the weekly circulars....

[quote name='Solomon87']Again, i am calling bullshit on his information because no one at store level has an ad yet for 12-2 to 12-8 because the ads don't get to the stores until Tuesdays at the earliest, any legit Target employee in the know can verify my information. In order for this guy to have seen the ad it would have had to show up last week on or before Friday and that just does not happen at all and we certainly wouldn't get it on the weekend since there are no deliveries on the weekend outside of our truck and sometimes vendors. NO STORES receive ads two weeks out minus black friday and even then we sometimes don't get that until the last second.[/QUOTE]

I for one hope his info is true because i want the 3DS and so that all this rant that you got going on here will make you look like a fool.

It was in the next week bin in the office dude, I saw it on the front page. I don't know when the ads come in or if it was a special case or what, but I saw it. You can call me a liar all you want, but someone else is already confirming a MSRP drop.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10213983&posted=1#post10213983

Why are you so angry about this? Its going to make you look like a huge asshole if this ends up being the ad.

This is legit, I have the ad in front of me right now. I'm on break but will update with other game deals ASAP... unless someone beats me to it.

[quote name='Kecir12']Why are you so angry about this? Its going to make you look like a huge asshole if this ends up being the ad.[/QUOTE]

....and it is in the ad and he was being an a-hole.

Dude, this solomon guy just needs to be booted. As a manager of a store back in the good ol' days I had ads about 3-5 weeks before anyone else.

Why? you might ask. BECAUSE I HAD TO ORDER STOCK. Lordie this guy acts like a child and now looks like an idiot with other people confirming. This place is called CheapAssGamer, not the Prove-It hour. Sheot. Even YMMV is welcome here.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Dude, this solomon guy just needs to be booted. As a manager of a store back in the good ol' days I had ads about 3-5 weeks before anyone else.

Why? you might ask. BECAUSE I HAD TO ORDER STOCK. Lordie this guy acts like a child and now looks like an idiot with other people confirming. This place is called CheapAssGamer, not the Prove-It hour. Sheot. Even YMMV is welcome here.[/QUOTE]

I have worked at Target for almost a decade, there is no way even as manager would you see an ad over a month out at a time unless you we're the DTL, but of course you probably never worked at Target. And BTW, there is no manager that orders stock kid, it is all done by the instocks team which is made up of 1 supervisor and rest team members and ad items would automatically be allocated for the stores at the HQ level based on sales and other factors, i don't think you we're ever a manager at Target.

[quote name='Solomon87']I have worked at Target for almost a decade, there is no way even as manager would you see an ad over a month out at a time unless you we're the DTL, but of course you probably never worked at Target. And BTW, there is no manager that orders stock kid, it is all done by the instocks team which is made up of 1 supervisor and rest team members and ad items would automatically be allocated for the stores at the HQ level based on sales and other factors, i don't think you we're ever a manager at Target.[/QUOTE]

you were wrong. move on.

Years ago I worked at a printer the specialized in promotional printing. We printed flyers, bind-in cards, and buttons for a price drop to the original Xbox. We printed the stuff close to 3 months ahead if time, unfortunately I wasn't aware of CAG then(if it was around). We were told to not discuss the information we had but I was surprised it wasn't a bigger deal.
Times change but plenty of people know of deals in advertising agencies and printing companies; we just need more of these people at CAG.

Just read through this thread and holy shit solomon is a huge dick. You claim the OP is a liar and vehemently insist on it through the entire thread. Now that there are confirmations rolling in, you continue to post here like a huge fucking douche bag with some of the ludicrous comments about people that are only trying to help out other gamers.

Dude, we GET IT. You work for Target and it's your job to keep these ads secret and now you're going to get fired. Now go apologize to the OP for calling him a liar over and over.

When I've been a douche (and there have been plenty of times when that's happened) I've at least had the balls to admit I'm wrong. My ego is big enough and small enough for me to take my lumps. It's fun seeing Solomon bitch about how the system shouldn't allow this to have happened instead of just issuing an apology. I think he's probably 14.

(Don't bother correcting me about your real age, I was insulting you.)

Hint: the sooner you just eat crow, the sooner everyone forgets about you. Real men just say they fucked up and move on.

I'm gonna be a douche and just add another post instead of editing the previous one.

Solomon, let's be clear. We're not really bashing you because you were wrong about leaks in the Target ad system. We don't really care. We're bashing you because you bashed the thread creator.

I work for the Minneapolis paper, and the ads are already printed up for that period and sitting in the warehouse. I'll take a look later today.

I suppose the next question is why don't I post early ads if I have access to them all (because I do). Simply put, I love CAG, but I am not going to lose my job by getting caught taking pictures of a Target ad. lol

[quote name='kingotnw']I work for the Minneapolis paper, and the ads are already printed up for that period and sitting in the warehouse. I'll take a look later today.

I suppose the next question is why don't I post early ads if I have access to them all (because I do). Simply put, I love CAG, but I am not going to lose my job by getting caught taking pictures of a Target ad. lol[/QUOTE]

yeah, we dont need another Speedy and Circuit City fiasco like we had a few years ago on here. (long-time CAGs know what I am talking about)

So much for your "position to know" huh dude? The flow team actually worked this past weekend I found out, which is extremely rare apparently to get trucks in on a Saturday, but thats how the ad got in. I heard one guy say he's only worked two or three Saturdays in a decade plus last week, but it happened.

If we get one for the week after early, I'll post it. All I wanted was to share some money saving info with a forum I've used of the years to get plenty of discounts and have a little chance to give back and help others. Too bad one douchebag has to throw his ego, for whatever reason, into the mix about it. You don't know everything, you were wrong, deal with it.

[quote name='ElvinWasHere']Notice how Solomon never came back.

Solomon, you are a dick.[/QUOTE]

He is too busy cutting babies in half for people.

I ought to mention that I'm looking forward to getting one of these next week because of this thread. Thanks for the heads up, TC.

[quote name='Solomon87']Errr, it happens all the time are you kidding me? And i am in a position to know about ads for Target and when they get delivered to the stores. Ads for the following week do not show up in store when the current ad is just getting started.[/QUOTE]

So an ad showing up early simply cannot happen during the commotion of Black Friday weekend? All so a 9 year poster can destroy his reputation over a very realistic discount price for short term attention that will definitively get proven wrong in a few days?

Actually what you are doing is putting your reputation on the line as well. If the price is accurate, then either he is clairvoiant or or your position isn't all knowing as you put on. I'll go with option B. It would be best to just say that you believe it to be unlikely, and acknowledge that mistakes can and do happen on getting ads to the stores.

And to the OP, if you are making this up, surely you can come up with something better to go out in a blaze of glory ... :)

bread's done
Back