Skylanders Giants figures 50% off at Kroger stores until 12/16

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Decker

Decker

Xbox Live Cannon Fodder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

I wonder if this is the case with Smith's or Ralph's, which is what the chain is called out West. I'll check on my way home tonight.

decker%2001.jpg

#32 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

No luck for me. I had to drive from Michigan to Chicago today, and I checked 2 Kroger stores along the way, and a Food 4 Less in Chicago. Only 1 of them had the figures, and they were regularly priced. Grabbed a few anyway in case I decide to try and get them to price match, otherwise I'll probably return them.

#33 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:44 PM

What type of game is skylanders i dont think its anything like an rpg game where you level up people is it
WOOOO I STINK

#34 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:49 PM

What type of game is skylanders i dont think its anything like an rpg game where you level up people is it

It is, pretty much think of it as a kids first RPG. Fun for adults though also. IDK if I would have ever played it if I didn't have a kid.

#35 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

It is, pretty much think of it as a kids first ROG

rog?

so is it worth buying if your older then 30 :)
WOOOO I STINK

#36 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 PM

RPG sorry.

It's fun for adults, not full msrp fun though

#37 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

RPG sorry.

It's fun for adults, not full msrp fun though

thanks .... was thinking about getting it for the 3ds just 4 days after they had many of the freaking figures for 3 each on amazon AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh
WOOOO I STINK

#38 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

I grabbed those LD figures when they were popping up. 2.99 was a great price for them. The I grabbed giants for the boy at bby on BF and used a $20 cert. on it, getting it for $30. That was about all I was willing to pay for it.

#39 DrummerX

DrummerX

Dothraki Warlord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:26 AM

Each little figure has its own chip, and saves it's own level data, upgrades, and so forth. They've got different upgrade lines as well. You can swap characters in the game on the fly, instantly by simply replacing the figure you have on the portal, which is a usb device you hook to the console which reads the chip inside the figure via RFID, and translates the data into the game.

It is very akin to pokemon, in fact, if Nintendo is capable of doing this with the pokemon franchise they wil lnever have to release another game again, they'll have bags of money the size of texas. Kids love it, I'm pretty hardcore about my games and I even enjoy it. Scalpers love it most, I think.

#40 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Each little figure has its own chip, and saves it's own level data, upgrades, and so forth. They've got different upgrade lines as well. You can swap characters in the game on the fly, instantly by simply replacing the figure you have on the portal, which is a usb device you hook to the console which reads the chip inside the figure via RFID, and translates the data into the game.

It is very akin to pokemon, in fact, if Nintendo is capable of doing this with the pokemon franchise they wil lnever have to release another game again, they'll have bags of money the size of texas. Kids love it, I'm pretty hardcore about my games and I even enjoy it. Scalpers love it most, I think.

they go around cutting the little monsters head off :) that would be freaking insane if they did this with pokemon
WOOOO I STINK

#41 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:57 PM

Checked in Memphis last night and these were still full price. I am mainly looking for wave 2 stuff currently, so it doesn't matter much to me (though those should be hitting stores soon enough).
Spoiler

#42 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

I can also confirm in Houston they are full price as well. The cashier I asked said they were never on sale so it most likely is YMMV.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#43 m3talst0rm

m3talst0rm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:13 AM

I'm thinking they might go on sale next week. The op said the ones he found were half off until 12/16. All the sale items I see in store are good until 12/9. Maybe some stores put them on sale early? /wishfulthinking

#44 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:22 AM

Are you guys checking at a king soopers or a different chain of Kroger stores? I posted earlier that it seems like this is limited to only king soopers (Kroger grocery chain)

#45 TrumpetDan

TrumpetDan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

No Kroger stores out here in southern CA, otherwise I would've picked a few up. I believe the equivalent to Kroger out here is Ralphs and Food 4 Less, although I doubt either store is mirroring this deal.

#46 Trez123

Trez123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Frys grocery in AZ had wave one marked for sale but not at 50% off. Regular figures were 7.99, lightcore 8.99, giants 11.99, and 3 packs were priced 19.99. Worth noting that these prices were not ringing correctly on their registers and they had to do an adjustment.

#47 herczakt

herczakt

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

No deal here in Lansing, MI either. Scanned with Kroger card but not half off :(

#48 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:58 PM

No deals in Cincinnati Kroger either. Will wait to snipe when they do this, Kroger always has toys half off after Christmas. Not sure why this sale seems to be 2 weeks before Christmas, but will watch either way...
Posted Image

#49 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

if they are just getting into the game

is the first skylanders worth buying or go for the giants

I can get the first skylanders with 4 figures for 40 shipped on ebay is it worth it

some voodoo , stelth elf some prism break and cant remember the 4th
WOOOO I STINK

#50 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

My king soopers restocked last night. Picked up crusher and the second series terrafin for $13

@slidecage, that's a ok price for the first game. I haven't played giants yet (will be here today) so I can't compare the two.

#51 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

My king soopers restocked last night. Picked up crusher and the second series terrafin for $13

@slidecage, that's a ok price for the first game. I haven't played giants yet (will be here today) so I can't compare the two.

do you know how long you put in the first game.. is the game worth the cash or is it very short and easy..
WOOOO I STINK

#52 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

this is not how you ask a question.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Phone Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

#53 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

do you know how long you put in the first game.. is the game worth the cash or is it very short and easy..

Decent amount of levels but very very easy

#54 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

I agree with shadow, it is very easy. As for time put in, IDK really since my son likes screwing around for hours on end. I'd say it could be completed in 6 hours or so. There are challenges for each level so that brings the replay value up some.

#55 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:20 PM

I went to my Kroger and they were all full price.

Could the OP please change the thread name to "King Soopers" instead of "Kroger"? No one has found them on sale at a Kroger in the thread.

King Soopers is just in the Kroger family, the same as FredMeyer or Food4Less. There's no reason to expect them to have the same sales. Walmart and Sam's Club don't share sales, etc.

Bummer, I know! :)

Edited by emperordahc, 29 November 2012 - 04:43 PM.

cagSig.png515886.png

#56 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:38 PM

Kroger owns Fred Meyer! Does FM have this sale?!?!?

#57 Lt Dan

Lt Dan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

So I live in Ct. None of these stores near me. I've tried to Google this but no luck:

Does anyone know if there's any online ad for this, or weekly ad scan? My local best buy will price match but I need to give them something to work with

Thanks in advance

#58 Zincdust

Zincdust

CSI: Portland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Kroger owns Fred Meyer! Does FM have this sale?!?!?

Not at any of the FMs I've checked here in SW Washington/NW Oregon, I'm afraid...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#59 loomis1975

loomis1975

Cell Block CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Negatory at Fred Meyer so far, maybe we will get lucky closer to Christmas.

#60 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Thanks OP, but no luck here. Maybe Sunday this will take affect in Kroger. One of my stores actually had a Flashwing and Jet Vac Lightcore tonight......GRRRR YMMV! :-P
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us