Photo
- - - - -

Blue 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 Bundle for $199.99 coming soon!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#61 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

For anyone who hasn't actually seen an XL in person, both the blue and the red actually look really nice. The official photos make them look bad, but those pictures definitely do not represent the real thing. Watch an unboxing video or something to get a better idea of what they actually look like.

The XL wipes the floor with the original 3DS. I view all statements suggesting otherwise as being complete nonsense.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#62 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

This is great if true. Hopefully it happens soon so I can get a 3DS for much cheaper on CowBoom.

#63 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

For anyone who hasn't actually seen an XL in person, both the blue and the red actually look really nice. The official photos make them look bad, but those pictures definitely do not represent the real thing. Watch an unboxing video or something to get a better idea of what they actually look like.

The XL wipes the floor with the original 3DS. I view all statements suggesting otherwise as being complete nonsense.

How is it better? The normal 3DS is smaller, plays 3DS games at native resolution, and it's significantly cheaper.

#64 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

How is it better? The normal 3DS is smaller, plays 3DS games at native resolution, and it's significantly cheaper.

The XL has better battery life, comes with a larger SD card and has a more comfortable layout.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#65 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

Don't forget that it has a better resolution, too.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#66 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

I thought that was a given. I was just mentioning things he may not have been aware of. :)

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#67 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

Not a bad deal, but I think I'll just hold out and hope for an Animal Crossing bundle.

#68 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

The XL has better battery life, comes with a larger SD card and has a more comfortable layout.

How much better is the battery life?
Posted Image

#69 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Not a bad deal, but I think I'll just hold out and hope for an Animal Crossing bundle.

People still play this? The series is stagnant and needs something new. I figured that I wasted money on the Wii one when I found out I was playing more of the same.

Currently playing:

#70 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I actually only really loved the Gamecube version. Didn't care for the DS or Wii versions, but I've heard lots of good things about the new one.

#71 seanmcc

seanmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

For anyone who hasn't played an XL: Watch your eyes, the jaggies might poke them out.

#72 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

About 2-3 hrs extra battery life.

I dig my Red XL (Like Mario red). My wife (who gave the kid her original ds) won't think of touching the 3DS. She's been having me staring at these sites like a vulture for a price drop on the XL. It's nice. Fits my hands better. If there is a "blurring" due to any stretch, I haven't noticed it. And all my ambassador games on it look nice.

If they had launched a different color (i.e. purple or pink) she'd pay list for it. But right now I'm waiting. I'm determined to get hers SUB-150. The 179 at BB might do me but they need to throw in a couple games at that price.

Edit: It's definitely no Vita (I like my Vita) but it does have quite a few games that Vita will never have. Now, if only Disgaea would come back to Nintendo we can move on with our lives :-)

#73 doodofdoods

doodofdoods

Prinny Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

People still play this?

lol

http://www.siliconer...-outsells-vita/
Posted Image

#74 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

How much better is the battery life?

It depends how you test. Here is a good review/comparison:
http://www.engadget....-3ds-xl-review/

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#75 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

If they had launched a different color (i.e. purple or pink) she'd pay list for it.

It is available in pink btw. Maybe it wasn't at launch, but it's definitely out there now.

Edit:
Posted Image

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#76 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

I feel like I threw my money away buying the 3DS. Bought it two months before the announcement of the XL so couldn't return it and it would be gathering dust if not for being in an enclosed space from a month after I purchased it to now. I'd be playing DS games on it(since my regular DS was knocked off the counter and broken by my cat) if there weren't so many good games on other systems for me to play this year.

#77 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

And the XL has dimmer screens, much worse internal speakers, and more pixellated graphics (due to the larger screen). It isn't "better" in every way, by far.

#78 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

It is available in pink btw. Maybe it wasn't at launch, but it's definitely out there now.

Edit:
Posted Image

Yes, this is true. Originally it was on Gilt.com and Home Shopping Network.
Now its @ Target. Last week it was selling for 175.00 Online. Waiting for it to drop to that price again.

#79 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I thought that was a given. I was just mentioning things he may not have been aware of. :)

Except you're both wrong. The resolution is 800x240 on both consoles. The difference is in the screen size (3.53 vs. 4.88).

#80 IkedaTeramusa

IkedaTeramusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

Yea, I'm not signing up for random site for stupidness. Gift.com is where it was available. Japan seems to hog all the good colors. Just look at a ALL the previous releases.
Wahoo! Found it at target in Pink and White... wife told me "Nah, it's not on sale....." HAHAHAH Awesomesauce. Now I will be watching it even closer.

#81 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I can list a bunch of details like better 3D, better stylus placement, improved select, home, and start buttons, matte finish, improved battery life, better hinge, and probably more, but honestly, it's all about those screens. That extra space makes all the difference.

#82 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

And the XL has dimmer screens, much worse internal speakers, and more pixellated graphics (due to the larger screen). It isn't "better" in every way, by far.

Health/Well-being wise, the XL feels more comfortable though. My hands gets fatigued after playing for a few when I had the original 3DS.

#83 ZincAlloy

ZincAlloy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I actually think some of the games I've seen on the XL look a lot more pixelated probably due to stretching to the bigger screen. As for the 3DS with 2 analog sticks, it is going to happen without a doubt. It'll allow developers to do so much more. And no one wants to buy that ridiculously huge 2nd stick attachment!

#84 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

I'd buy a midnight purple xl if one came out.

#85 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

lol

http://www.siliconer...-outsells-vita/

lol

http://en.rocketnews...ows-8-in-japan/

I don't take Japan seriously.

Currently playing:

#86 Budkin

Budkin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hopefully Mario Kart 7 will not be pre-installed like the current Mario bundle. I would pass just for that reason.

#87 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm not sure about this "dimmer screens" argument. I know there was an issue with some people getting units that had a yellowish tint, but mine doesn't have that. I have had my launch 3DS and my XL sitting side by side and the screens look essentially the same in terms of brightness and color. I've never felt that there was anything wrong with the audio and the sacrifice in visual crispness is relatively minor and completely worth it in my opinion.

Are these problems from your own experiences with an XL?

#88 KneeKnee

KneeKnee

Trophy Whore

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

Great news! I was just going out to pick up my mom one w/ Layton for Christmas. I'll wait a few weeks! Thanks guys!

KneeKnee.png

#89 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

I actually think some of the games I've seen on the XL look a lot more pixelated probably due to stretching to the bigger screen. As for the 3DS with 2 analog sticks, it is going to happen without a doubt. It'll allow developers to do so much more. And no one wants to buy that ridiculously huge 2nd stick attachment!

But..but.. I did lol.

Seriously though, I have the Nyko Powergrip on my Vita, so it's about the same size.

Spoiler

#90 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

You can pick up the standard 3DS on sale at $129, throw in a 32GB SD card and Nyko's PowerPak and have more storage and better battery life than the XL and still have $40 in your pocket. (Just enough to buy a game!)