Photo
- - - - -

Blue 3DS XL with Mario Kart 7 Bundle for $199.99 coming soon!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#121 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

I hope more than one store has this offer and can bundle a different game with it. I really can't be bothered with MK7.

How are you going to accomplish that when mario kart is preloaded?

#122 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:42 AM

How are you going to accomplish that when mario kart is preloaded?

Using a unlicensed nuclear accelerator I assume.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#123 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Saw that MK7 is a preload, it's not a cartridge. Errragghhh. :/

cagSig.png515886.png

#124 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I might buy one depending on who is selling it(not Amazon of course, I assume).

#125 steve_dave

steve_dave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

Saw that MK7 is a preload, it's not a cartridge. Errragghhh. :/

How does this work, then? If one does a system transfer do they lose it?

#126 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

How does this work, then? If one does a system transfer do they lose it?

Pretty much.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#127 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

I didn't know so many people weren't interested in Mario Kart. It's easily one of the best 3DS games and possibly the best Mario Kart yet.

#128 papped

papped

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:00 AM

I didn't know so many people weren't interested in Mario Kart. It's easily one of the best 3DS games and possibly the best Mario Kart yet.

Was pretty much the same with the ds lite, so not really surprising... If it wasn't for Mario Kart and Ouendan my DS probably would have never been used.

#129 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

Is Mario Kart 7 a actual cart or is it pre-loaded on the XL?
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#130 SkiLLs7984

SkiLLs7984

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

Is Mario Kart 7 a actual cart or is it pre-loaded on the XL?

Really? I dont normally call people lazy but my word its been said at least 10 times in the past 3 pages. Its like you opened this thread, closed your eyes, clicked on the last page and scrolled down till you couldnt see anything and posted your question. Sheesh.

#131 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'm still waiting for the 3DS XL with the inevitable 2nd analog stick. Bet it's going to be Nintendo's biggest announcement at next year's E3.

3DS Lite with a 2nd analog stick please.

Still holding out for one, since there's nothing out or coming out, that I want to play badly.
Posted Image

#132 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:20 AM

I'm still waiting for the 3DS XL with the inevitable 2nd analog stick. Bet it's going to be Nintendo's biggest announcement at next year's E3.

Man Nintendo is waaaaaayyyy ahead of you.

Posted Image

#133 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:39 AM

Grr I did a 3ds to 3ds xl system transfer, that seemed to wipe the 3ds xl clean and I lost the preinstalled Mario kart game? Did that happen to anyone else?

#134 mgford11

mgford11

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:47 AM

Grr I did a 3ds to 3ds xl system transfer, that seemed to wipe the 3ds xl clean and I lost the preinstalled Mario kart game? Did that happen to anyone else?

Multiple folks saying you go back into the downloads menu on the 3ds shop and it'll be there available for re-download. Try it out...

#135 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:58 AM

Multiple folks saying you go back into the downloads menu on the 3ds shop and it'll be there available for re-download. Try it out...

Anyone know if you can transfer the mario kart 7 to another 3ds?

#136 nintenjoe

nintenjoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

Yup! It's there.

#137 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:03 AM

Anyone know if you can transfer the mario kart 7 to another 3ds?

I'm not even joking when I say a brilliant idea would be to get this package, transfer your stuff onto it, then transfer back with MK7 and then return it.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#138 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

I'm not even joking when I say a brilliant idea would be to get this package, transfer your stuff onto it, then transfer back with MK7 and then return it.

Who gives refunds on open video games/consoles though?

#139 Smashbro29

Smashbro29

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:09 AM

Any place with a free warranty that lasts a week really.

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#140 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

ok it's there, thanks!

#141 Solid Kilvas

Solid Kilvas

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

Picked up this bundle today. Transfer wiped Mario Kart, but it was on the eshop to download with everything else. It's already updated to 1.1.

Black continues to be the worst electronics color, but at least the finish doesn't leave fingerprints. The buttons feel much better all around, but the d-pad doesn't set right. It's always a little off centered, unlike the Vita. Still plays just fine.

Overall, I'm happy with it.
Posted Image

#142 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

I don't know where you live, but most B&M stores around here give refunds on open consoles, just not on open video games. If it's a console/video game bundle, you're still likely to get a refund even if it's opened. The exception would be places like gamestop. Most other stores in my area allow them though.

Not saying it's a good idea to abuse return policies, but if you have a legit reason to return it, then you should be ok.

#143 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

I'm not sure about this "dimmer screens" argument. I know there was an issue with some people getting units that had a yellowish tint, but mine doesn't have that. I have had my launch 3DS and my XL sitting side by side and the screens look essentially the same in terms of brightness and color. I've never felt that there was anything wrong with the audio and the sacrifice in visual crispness is relatively minor and completely worth it in my opinion.

Are these problems from your own experiences with an XL?

the 3DS XL dfoes have dimmer screen...if you can't see that...well you just don't notice it but it's there. It personally annoys the crap out of me. Also, the speakers are much worse than the original, which is another deal breaker for me (the biggest reason)

#144 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

TRU had this bundle today plus they have a red 3DS XL bundle that comes with Super Mario 3D Land instead. In case it hasn't been mentioned already.

#145 nintenjoe

nintenjoe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

The real question is... how do you transfer your data from a cartridge version to the digital? I suppose I could play through it all again... lol

TRU had this bundle today plus they have a red 3DS XL bundle that comes with Super Mario 3D Land instead. In case it hasn't been mentioned already.

That's just the regular 3DS, no XL.

#146 Octopod

Octopod

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

That's just the regular 3DS, no XL.

Ah...my bad there.

#147 rant

rant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:50 PM

Thanks OP! Swapped out the 3dsxl I bought for my daughter 2 weeks ago for this one at GameStop yesterday.

Btw, GameStop mentioned to me that they have a pink 3dsxl listed in the system that is supposed to be a available on 12/9. My guess is that this is the same system that has been exclusive to gilt.com for the last month or so. I thought about holding out since the ds is for my daughter but they could not tell me if there was a game packed in so I decided not to risk it

#148 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

Stupid question here, but is MK7 available for ANY XL owners to dl or just the ones who had theirs wiped by Transfer? I already have it but it would be great to have it already available. My favorite MK btw.

#149 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:19 PM

Can the pre-loaded Mario Kart game be transferred to another XL? I'm guessing not since this is Nintendo, but I want the blue system and don't care about Mario Kart whereas my son wants the red one and loves Mario Kart.

#150 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Thanks OP! Swapped out the 3dsxl I bought for my daughter 2 weeks ago for this one at GameStop yesterday.

Btw, GameStop mentioned to me that they have a pink 3dsxl listed in the system that is supposed to be a available on 12/9. My guess is that this is the same system that has been exclusive to gilt.com for the last month or so. I thought about holding out since the ds is for my daughter but they could not tell me if there was a game packed in so I decided not to risk it

I've seen the Pink/White system on store shelves in Target and KMart, and I can confirm that there's no game bundled in there.