:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#32 jltaser

jltaser

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Where do you get the 1 free month? I just bought a 2 month Cert and it's showing my start date as today ,11/26/2012, and my next renewal date as 1/26/2013. That's only 2 months, not 3.

Don't worry about the math from the OP's page.
Just take the price and divide by the number of months and you'll see that the 2 month plan is the cheapest rate.

Edit: Whoops, math was from Bucket2222, not the OP, lol. Carry on.

#33 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

Where do you get the 1 free month? I just bought a 2 month Cert and it's showing my start date as today ,11/26/2012, and my next renewal date as 1/26/2013. That's only 2 months, not 3.

If you pay full price of $22.95 a month compared to buying a 2 month GC for $22.95 it's like getting a month free... Fuzzy math.

#34 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

Add me to the list of people doing the GC 2 month plan for the past 8 months as it's always the cheapest option monthly. Actually bought 2 more months yesterday at this same price as my account would renew early December. I never wanted to say anything as the less members the less release day competition. I've bought exactly 3 new releases in the last 6 months and played everything I wanted.

I've never tried but anyone on the pre-paid GC plan ever upgraded to 3 games out? Do they just charge you an extra $7 a month versus the 2 game plans regular cost or how's that work? My billing history the GC's get split equally for each month and I was always scared i'd get hit for $17 extra instead of $7 extra. Whatever it takes to get you to the $29.95 a month for 3 out...

#35 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:40 AM

I was about 3 days away from canceling. Thanks for the heads up op! Paid up through August!
http://scalpthescalper.blogspot.com/

My resource blog for buying tickets from scalpers. Check out how much $$$ I have saved buying tickets from scalpers.

#36 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:45 AM

Thanks! I had no idea Gamefly did this. I usually subscribe for two months in the summer while I'm off from work (ah, the perks of being a teacher), and this would be great to have to catch up with a backlog of titles I want to play. In for six months' worth so I can avoid buying any games and wait for the ones I really want to own come next Black Friday. Anyone know how long the gift certificates are valid for, or if there's an expiration date?

RayeKasai.png

#37 Lienwrath

Lienwrath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:04 AM

Perfect! My GF subscription just ran out and was waiting for a cheap way back in. Bought one for now, gonna come back for 4 more when the cooldown on my wallet recharges. Thanks OP!

#38 Brock F'N Samson

Brock F'N Samson

FightingGame Brawler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

Perfect! My GF subscription just ran out and was waiting for a cheap way back in. Bought one for now, gonna come back for 4 more when the cooldown on my wallet recharges. Thanks OP!

I'm in a similar situation myself, with all the black friday deals I bought. Anyone know how long we have to buy these or when this deal should be over?

#39 nhlducks35

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

So do I just log into my account, email the certificate to the email I'm using for my Gamefly account, then redeem it?

#40 htz

htz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:43 AM

I'm in a similar situation myself, with all the black friday deals I bought. Anyone know how long we have to buy these or when this deal should be over?

It should last all the way till Christmas.

So do I just log into my account, email the certificate to the email I'm using for my Gamefly account, then redeem it?

Yes.

#41 Brock F'N Samson

Brock F'N Samson

FightingGame Brawler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

It should last all the way till Christmas.

My wallet and I thank you kind sir.:wall:

#42 whats_the_word

whats_the_word

That Broad!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:24 AM

Thanks again CAG..I just signed up for GF last month & got charged for the 1st time last week.

Got a couple 2mo/1game for half price..

#43 Arleisha

Arleisha

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sweet. I'd been bugging my Dad to let us get Gamefly. He didn't want to do the $20+ a month for 2 games though. But with it basically 1/2 off he said I could get 4 of them. So now we have Gamefly for 8 months! :)

#44 Philthy Bird

Philthy Bird

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

Forgive me if I'm stupid or missing something, but for the 2 games out at a time deal, isn't it cheaper to buy 3 two month GC then the 6 month one?

EDIT: Reread over the thread and it is a big savings after doing the math, thanks OP!

Edited by GHmanRON, 27 November 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#45 Bucket2222

Bucket2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:05 PM

Don't worry about the math from the OP's page.
Just take the price and divide by the number of months and you'll see that the 2 month plan is the cheapest rate.

Edit: Whoops, math was from Bucket2222, not the OP, lol. Carry on.

But I was so proud of my math...! (BTW, OP=Bucket2222) As far as I can tell, I'm the first person (possibly including GameFly employees) to understand how their gift certificate prices are set. The "free month" in my calculations isn't a "free month" you should be separately redeeming. Rather, there is one month in GameFly's calculations of prices that is not charged and that is what creates the price anomaly. Oh well, I agree with others that the math can be ignored -- the real deal is GF at half price through the purchase of 2-month gift certificates.

I note that the deal works the same for 2-month 1 game out GCs. You can purchase 2-month 1 game GCs for $15.95, the same as regular price for a 1-month subscription. I prefer to have a second game out for the extra $3.50 per month, but this could help fit GF within a tight budget.

#46 zer0sfx

zer0sfx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Looks like the hard limit of 5 is accurate. I tried ordering a 6th one and it won't let me submit. Anyone else encountering this?

#47 sillymonkey321

sillymonkey321

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

hmmm neat. I did it once, might do it a couple more times. I like gamefly, mainly since i abandon a lot of games i start. 2 hours in to Assassin's Creed 3 and i'm ready to return it for Xcom or Halo 4.

#48 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

ughh so confused about this..

I am a current subscriber for years now.. will this save me anything on the monthly price?

1080i is for douchebags

#49 karishbhr

karishbhr

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

Can someone in plain english explain to me how to make the most of this deal?

#50 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

ughh so confused about this..

I am a current subscriber for years now.. will this save me anything on the monthly price?

Yes.

You are getting two months for the price of one.

Say you are doing 2-games out at a time, which is normally $22.95+ tax (or something similar [ we'll round it up to $25 for arguments sake ]).

Normally, two months at this level would cost you $50. However, if you purchase the GC, you are getting two months for $25. You are pretty much cutting your bill in half.

Posted Image

#51 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:40 PM

FYI, you can do this same thing with 1 out at a time plan. That's $15.95 for 2 months. So $7.98 a month. I might do that. Not sure I really need to rent 2 games at once.

Crunchewy.png

#52 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Not a bad deal, but their new releases are always low and shipping takes forever. I'll stick to Blockbuster in store pass.

#53 perfectsil

perfectsil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:53 PM

Are wii u games easily available or not yet?

#54 Bucket2222

Bucket2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Are wii u games easily available or not yet?

I think it's too early to tell. The two I have in my queue (ZombieU and NSMBU) both show "Low" availability (like most recent releases).

#55 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Can someone in plain english explain to me how to make the most of this deal?

only buy the 2 month plans
WOOOO I STINK

#56 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

I miss my GameFly subscription :(

#57 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

I miss my GameFly subscription :(

If enough people use Gamefly and stop buying cheap games, wouldn't that affect this website's financial ability?

I think I'm going to sign up for this. $11.95 + tax per month is easier to budget around than spending random amounts of money on good deals only to have them sit in my backlog.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#58 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

Ordered 5. I'll sell some games online to pay for the cost. Thank you all!

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image

#59 jmanereese

jmanereese

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:18 AM

If I buy a Cert now can I use it whenever? Or does it go into effect at time of purchase?
very dumb question I know but haven't used GF for a year

#60 Jaggsta

Jaggsta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:20 AM

What happens when game gets lost in the mail? I heard horror storys.