GameFly Subscription GC sale - effectively half price at $22.95/2 mo./2 games

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#91 Bucket2222

Bucket2222

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

once the giftcard is sent, when is the latest it can be redeemed? Can I save a 2 month certificate until the summer if I wanted to?

There's no expiration date listed in the e-mail conveying the GC, nor is there a limit stated in the current GameFly GC Terms of Service.

#92 purplepanda

purplepanda

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:48 PM

There's no expiration date listed in the e-mail conveying the GC, nor is there a limit stated in the current GameFly GC Terms of Service.

ok thank you for the answer and the deal heads up! I'll buy an extra one and save it for the summer or whenever. Im tempted to buy even more, but I already have more than enough games to play.

#93 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:40 AM

Off topic, but do they still offer discounts on used games for members?

3 months

#94 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

also if your a gamefly member now and cancel your account and rejoin they will restart you at whatever level you was before (at least they used to ) You have to call up or go into chat

ONE TIME PER MEMBER

Meaning say if you were a member

from
Jan 1 2010 to June 30 2012 and quit and rejoin in DEC 2012 they should renew you where you was

If you

Jan 1 2010 to MARCH 2012 quit rejoin JUNE 2012 QUIT SEPT 2012 and then Rejoin DEC 2012

i dont think will put your rewards back a 2nd time
WOOOO I STINK

#95 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

3 months

no.

#96 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

no.

yes
after 3 months you get $5 off a used game

#97 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Please show me where it says 3 months get you a discount on used games.

#98 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Please show me where it says 3 months get you a discount on used games.

go to your account and scroll down to gamefly rewards.

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#99 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 02:42 AM

go to your account and scroll down to gamefly rewards.

You scroll down and tell me when used game sales are. I've already said 6 months

#100 Scouter

Scouter

El Psy Kangaroo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

You scroll down and tell me when used game sales are. I've already said 6 months

my bad i didn't read it right; it is 6 months. calm down geez :???:

Friend code: 1091-7990-3911             Water Gyarados Octillery Frogadier

#101 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

this is my calm face

#102 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

If I wanted to play the games they actually send out, compared to the new releases I want to play, I could just buy each game at the five bucks a piece they cost.

#103 Ryking

Ryking

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

So i Re-upped with GameFly when they sent out their "Start back up for a $1 deal." When did their service actually start getting good? After the settlement with the post-office? I don't know about anyone else but I had previously canceled Gamefly years back because I just couldn't take their slow shipping speeds.

#104 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Ive been for gamefly for years now. Never had any issues.

I have a q. I'm currently on a 2 game out plan. I bought one one of these 2months for 22.95 certs. for my next month but I actually want to upgrade back up to 4 out plan... (will have some extra time to play during holidays)

I havent used the cert yet. What will happen if i apply it while on a 4 game out plan?

edit- ughh strange. It only letting me upgrade to a 3 out plan.. not 4

1080i is for douchebags

#105 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I've been with Gamefly a long time to and no issues. What's with some of the hate? Anyways. I'm in for another 2 months. Does anyone know if these can be stacked?

716936.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: D4: Season 1 [X1], inFAMOUS: First Light [PS4], Metro Last Light Redux [PS4]

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)
PROOF: http://screencast.com/t/Tlq8D38h5a3

#106 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

its stackable.
Posted Image

#107 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

God damn why haven't I done this already?

#108 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

Also, Stackable with another account. Free 30-Day 1 game out!
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=333652

#109 Tamizander

Tamizander

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:48 AM

this is my calm face

internet tough guy.
Posted Image Posted Image

#110 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:40 AM

If I'm on the "restart for $1" deal, should I wait until the last day and cancel, and THEN redeem the cert, or if I redeem now will it take priority over charging my card for another month?

Has anybody done this recently?...

#111 zqw

zqw

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ive been for gamefly for years now. Never had any issues.

I have a q. I'm currently on a 2 game out plan. I bought one one of these 2months for 22.95 certs. for my next month but I actually want to upgrade back up to 4 out plan... (will have some extra time to play during holidays)

I havent used the cert yet. What will happen if i apply it while on a 4 game out plan?

edit- ughh strange. It only letting me upgrade to a 3 out plan.. not 4

They make you stay on 3-out for 1 billing cycle before allowing 4-out. I think too many people were taking advantage of the pro-rated upgrade charges, then the longish grace period on returning after a downgrade.

#112 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I apologize for gravedigging, but my subscription is about to run out, and I was going to buy more 2 month certificates, but I noticed this below the options:

*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership. GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only, are nonrefundable, and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.

Did it always have this clause? Would I still be able to apply these to my account?

#113 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hmmm could be good to get games like tomb raider and god of war where I won't touch the multiplayer anyway

#114 Kazeno Katana

Kazeno Katana

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

How long can you hold onto these before they expire?

#115 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

Well since this was bumped and I didn't want to make a seperate thread for a YMMV entry.

I received an email about three days ago, for the "Restart your membership for $1".

If you've been waiting for a great deal to try GameFly again, there's never been a better time than now! Act by 3/31 to restart your membership and get our best offer ever - a full month of GameFly for only $1.

• Rent from over 8,000 console & handheld titles
• 6 Shipping Centers across the U.S.
• GameFly anywhere - apps for iPhone, iPad & Android
• Hundreds of PC games FREE with Unlimited PC Play

I haven't used Gamefly (as a Rental service) for about a year, so I'm pretty sure thats why I received it. But seeing how last year they did this exact same deal during March, you guys might want to check your inboxes/spam folders. Remember its YMMV and it usually pertains to users who haven't been active subscribers for awhile, last year I didn't get one at all.

#116 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

Well since this was bumped and I didn't want to make a seperate thread for a YMMV entry.

I received an email about three days ago, for the "Restart your membership for $1".

I haven't used Gamefly (as a Rental service) for about a year, so I'm pretty sure thats why I received it. But seeing how last year they did this exact same deal during March, you guys might want to check your inboxes/spam folders. Remember its YMMV and it usually pertains to users who haven't been active subscribers for awhile, last year I didn't get one at all.

if you have done a $1 membership once even if it was years ago you won't get the deal. I got this email a few days too and it doesn't offer the $1 deal and wants to charge you full price for a month.
Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#117 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

Showing up as 27.99 for me

#118 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

if you have done a $1 membership once even if it was years ago you won't get the deal. I got this email a few days too and it doesn't offer the $1 deal and wants to charge you full price for a month.

Thanks for clarifying, I just checked back and I've definitely signed up for $1 before. However, it was during the December 2011 Holiday, so it's a different promo than this.

Oddly enough a few days ago when I initially got the email it showed up as "$22.95 for 2 games" when I clicked on the offer so I figured they sent it out to me by mistake, but I just tried it again and did manage to sign up for $1, not even sure what I'll rent since I have a rather large backlog, but whatevs. $1? I'm in!

#119 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

I apologize for gravedigging, but my subscription is about to run out, and I was going to buy more 2 month certificates, but I noticed this below the options:

*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership. GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only, are nonrefundable, and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.

Did it always have this clause? Would I still be able to apply these to my account?

Guess I'll bump this, any current subscriber taken the plunge on this and can whether or not this works for existing accounts still?

#120 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:58 AM

Showing up as 27.99 for me

Thread is old.