GameFly Subscription GC sale - effectively half price at $22.95/2 mo./2 games

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 Yeloazndevil

Yeloazndevil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Thanks for clarifying, I just checked back and I've definitely signed up for $1 before. However, it was during the December 2011 Holiday, so it's a different promo than this.

Oddly enough a few days ago when I initially got the email it showed up as "$22.95 for 2 games" when I clicked on the offer so I figured they sent it out to me by mistake, but I just tried it again and did manage to sign up for $1, not even sure what I'll rent since I have a rather large backlog, but whatevs. $1? I'm in!

odd it seems they fixed the issue, it works for me now. I do know a lot of people complained so I guess they just offered it again to anyone that took this offer before
Posted Image
Nintendo Network ID: Yeloazndevil

#122 MyCatEdwin

MyCatEdwin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

I apologize for gravedigging, but my subscription is about to run out, and I was going to buy more 2 month certificates, but I noticed this below the options:

*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership. GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only, are nonrefundable, and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.

Did it always have this clause? Would I still be able to apply these to my account?

I talked to a rep today about this and she said the clause must have been an error, as it will work fine. I bought, and sure enough it did. 2 months for $30 after tax is a pretty good deal, especially considering my brother and I split the price and take one game slot each :)

#123 Barth72

Barth72

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

I talked to a rep today about this and she said the clause must have been an error, as it will work fine. I bought, and sure enough it did. 2 months for $30 after tax is a pretty good deal, especially considering my brother and I split the price and take one game slot each :)

Thanks for posting this. I was wondering the same thing since I saw the "for new members only" thing. My account was to renew tomorrow so I went ahead and tried it since I read your post and it did work. 30 dollars for two months is way better than 25 for one!

#124 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

I apologize for gravedigging, but my subscription is about to run out, and I was going to buy more 2 month certificates, but I noticed this below the options:

*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership. GameFly Gift Certificates are for new members only, are nonrefundable, and cannot be combined with other discounts or offers.

Did it always have this clause? Would I still be able to apply these to my account?

*Discounts are based on current introductory pricing for the first month of membership

better not be something new cause i still have 5 to use.... if they refuse i can always dispute.. that is what is nice with credit cards you have the right to DISPUTE

it would not shock me cause i did hear back in 2012 they were banning account who stacked too many prepaid
WOOOO I STINK

#125 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Anyone know what the current verdict is on this deal?

Should I buy them every 2 months just to be safe or will they stack if I were to go ahead and pay for enough to last the rest of the year?

I already have an old Gamefly account I've not used in over a year. Would I be able to purchase these things and apply them to that account even though it's not "new"?
Check out the greatest website ever at: www.WeWantInsanity.com

#126 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:11 AM

Anyone know what the current verdict is on this deal?

Should I buy them every 2 months just to be safe or will they stack if I were to go ahead and pay for enough to last the rest of the year?

I already have an old Gamefly account I've not used in over a year. Would I be able to purchase these things and apply them to that account even though it's not "new"?

I buy 2 month 2 games out every time and so far no problems. Mine expires in 2 weeks and plan on buying a gift certificate.

#127 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:20 AM

Tried Gamefly for a month last year...my backlog didn't like it:headache:

Then I tried Blockbuster for 2 months and it really went berzerk:hot:

This is undoubtedly a great deal, but I don't think renting is for me;)

Of course I know my multiplication tables!
I just don't sit at them often.

#128 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

I buy 2 month 2 games out every time and so far no problems. Mine expires in 2 weeks and plan on buying a gift certificate.

Thanks for the reply. Do these tihngs stack or do you have to buy and use them one at a time?
Check out the greatest website ever at: www.WeWantInsanity.com

#129 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Thanks for the reply. Do these tihngs stack or do you have to buy and use them one at a time?

Pretty sure they stack.

#130 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Yup. It stacks. Just bought 3 two months - two games out. 6 months locked in!
Posted Image

#131 RiPPn

RiPPn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

This is undoubtedly a great deal, but I don't think renting is for me;)

I am kind of in the same boat. I got a free month in December when I started back up, then did this deal x2 which puts me through the end of April, basically $46 for 5 months. Had the price stayed at the $22.95 like it was in December I would buy a couple more, no question. But some reason 5$ more is making it real hard to pull the trigger. Not sure if it's cause it's closer to $30 or what the reason is. That said I'm glad this is an option though because no way would I pay full price for this service.

125365.png

#132 guyver2077

guyver2077

CAG Original

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

i just bought a 2 month but didnt get the 22.95 price.. think i payed $29 after taxes for 2 months.

I think its back to regular price but still a good deal.

1080i is for douchebags

#133 B0W and Arrow

B0W and Arrow

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:10 PM

Just used this method to get 3 months (1 game out) for $28.50 after tax :)