PS Vita 3G $199.99 with 2 free games AT&T 11/30

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

Just as a heads up on 11/30 the PS Vita 3G is going on clearance at AT&T for $199.99 with choice of two free games while supplies last. Games are as follows:

Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted
Wipeout
MLB 12

#2 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PSN+, just as a FYI.

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:26 PM

Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PSN+, just as a FYI.

Good point however if they are retail copies you should be able to resell or trade them for $30 total (give or take a few $) until people actually start taking advantage of PS+

#4 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:27 PM

not as good as the black friday bundles or the Amazon AC Liberation bundle but good enough for those that missed out and still want a Vita

O6d6OER.jpg

#5 DR2K

DR2K

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

Is this all of them or YMMV?

#6 njpillitteri

njpillitteri

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

Is this online or an in store only deal?

#7 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

not as good as the black friday bundles or the Amazon AC Liberation bundle but good enough for those that missed out and still want a Vita

Are you serious? You get an 8GB memory card and two $20-30 games, plus optional 3G which is something you cannot upgrade. How are the Black Friday bundles better?

#8 LawLessChaoz

LawLessChaoz

Threatened

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:10 AM

Are you serious? You get an 8GB memory card and two $20-30 games, plus optional 3G which is something you cannot upgrade. How are the Black Friday bundles better?

With the amazon bundle you got:

Two $40 games
3 months of PS+ (Giving access to 6 more games)
4GB Memory Card
Exclusive White Vita
$20 cheaper.

I would say the Black Friday bundle was better.
Posted Image

#9 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:11 AM

Amazon's bundle was $20 less, included 3 months of PS plus ($18 value), a voucher for PS All stars ($40 value, just released), AC3: Liberation ($40) and a 4GB card ($10 less retail value). I'd say that's better.

#10 cold_young_thug

cold_young_thug

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:34 AM

can the vita be used as a phone?

#11 LagFighter

LagFighter

The Wild Card

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

This is an excellent deal, coming from someone who was scouring the net for Vita deals and finally caved on Amazon's BF bundle.

Cheers to anyone who picks this up. I probably would have gone this route had I missed out on Amazon's.
Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Halo 4 (360)

Recently finished:
Pokemon Black 2 (DS) - 4.5/5

#12 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:37 AM

can the vita be used as a phone?

No. It supports Skype though.

#13 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:38 AM

Is this online or an in store only deal?

Yeah, I would like to know as well. Where did you find this deal, OP?

#14 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:40 AM

I think most people just wanted the vita for cheap. The bonuses were bonuses, a $180 vita was pretty good. I doubt most want 3G. The bonus games were better/more valuable than this bundle anyways.

This bundle is better if you want 3g and a 8gb mem card.

I would rather use the extra money to get a 32gb card.

Plus "while supplies last".

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#15 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:45 AM

Meh. I'll only consider a Vita when they add Vudu. It's worthless to me otherwise... Why the hell don't they have Vudu yet???? Weird...

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#16 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

I think most people just wanted the vita for cheap. The bonuses were bonuses, a $180 vita was pretty good. I doubt most want 3G. The bonus games were better/more valuable than this bundle anyways.

This bundle is better if you want 3g and a 8gb mem card.

I would rather use the extra money to get a 32gb card.

Plus "while supplies last".

I'd say both bundles are a great deal. It depends on what you want more. I can definitely see the argument that the 3G and memory card make the AT&T one better but I wanted a white one and on Amazon I don't pay tax or shipping.

#17 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:53 AM

Meh. I'll only consider a Vita when they add Vudu. It's worthless to me otherwise... Why the hell don't they have Vudu yet???? Weird...

Why doesn't Apple TV have apps yet?

#18 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

The AC bundle was a great deal but I prefer a black system for some reason. Yeah fingerprints but the white one does not frame the screen in the same manner and is somehow distracting. That almost made sense...

Edited by Nephilim, 27 November 2012 - 02:21 AM.

#19 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

Yeah, I would like to know as well. Where did you find this deal, OP?

I only know about in store I don't know if it'll be online. As for how I know, I work for them.

#20 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Here is link to check stock status. Vita 3G

The price is showing $299, but it may be different in store.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40

#21 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:36 AM

Here is link to check stock status. Vita 3G

The price is showing $299, but it may be different in store.

Wow, still $299 online? Where's the deal? I agree with others here, if the included games are physical cards, this deal isn't bad. Black is a great color for the Vita, and an 8gb card, while much too small long term, can come in handy. I already have a 3G launch Vita, but also ordered a white Vita, AC bundle from Amazon's insane BF deal. Love the system, my favorite handheld ever.

#22 gtkilla

gtkilla

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

The AC bundle was a great deal but I prefer a black system for some reason. Yeah fingerprints but the white one does not frame the screen in the same manner. That almost made sense...

Yeah same here. If Amazon offered the COD bundle w/ the black Vita at the same price and value I would have taken that instead even though I love AC and don't care for COD. However, I bought a black silicone case for it so maybe the color won't matter much anyway.

#23 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

Is the deal happening now in store because I did a check availability and it was out of stock everywhere except 2 places kinda far out from me.

#24 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 01:58 AM

Is the deal happening now in store because I did a check availability and it was out of stock everywhere except 2 places kinda far out from me.

Not unless you somehow traveled into the future... the thread does say 11/30.

#25 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

The AC bundle was a great deal but I prefer a black system for some reason. Yeah fingerprints but the white one does not frame the screen in the same manner and is somehow distracting. That almost made sense...

I agree with this. I picked up the white bundle. Already have a black. Figured I could sell the white vita to pay off most of the assassins creed bundle extras. For example, if I sell it for $150, I end up paying $29 for 3 months of PS+, AC Liberation, the 4GB card and PSABR code.

#26 xavior

xavior

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:30 AM

I think the white vita personally looks really cool when you have the lights out and the PS logo on the bottom left reflects on the cover.. gives it this neat blue sheen

#27 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

This bundle costs $20 more (and includes tax), so it pretty much nullifies the advantage of getting an 8gb card (which many will upgrade to a 16/32gb anyway). Hot Shots Golf and MLB 12 are the only games not available free via PS+ , and 3G is useless to anyone who doesnt want to pay for the plan. If you factor in all of that, the advantages are pretty minor.

The Amazon BF AC3 bundle came with 2 recent game releases, 3 months of PS+, an exclusive white color, and it was $20 cheaper. I think the main advantage of this deal is the 3G.. which most of us won't use because the plans are fairly expensive for what you're getting out of it.

#28 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:51 AM

yea i had the vita 3g and i just dont see the point of having the 3g. gps? i have my phone for that. plus 3g costs way too much. might as well use hotspot

#29 Bayshun

Bayshun

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

No, sorry guys but it really isn't a better value. If you were to buy the Vita bundle at full price ($250 for Vita, AC3, and 4 gig stick), three months of Plus ($18), and All-Stars ($40) you'd be paying $308. You paid $180, a savings of $128.

With this bundle you are getting a 3G Vita ($300 and 8 gig stick), two games (up to $40 each depending on what you choose) for a total cost of $380. You pay $199, a savings of $181.

Yes Uncharted and Wipeout are free with PS Plus, but that's only as long as you maintain a paid subscription ($50 a year at the cheapest), and there's no guarantee that those games will remain available forever (which they haven't in the past).

#30 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:24 AM

So does the 3g vita has a sim card slot but has anyone been able to unlock the vita for t-mobile service instead?