• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Online where do you select the 2 games?

#62 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

I got my Vita PMed a couple weeks ago for $199 with COD and the gift card, but wish I could have snagged the Amazon deal for the games but not with the white Vita (prefer black). I too am glad I did as PS plus is awesome as is the fact I will get All-stars free when I buy the PS3 version!! Btw, is there any way of knowing what upcoming games will be Cross-buy? That will be a huge factor in choosing PS3 or 360 for cross-platform games.

Also, when you download a PS+ game, don't you have access to it until your account runs out? It's not just as long as its on sale is it?

Waiting for a 32-gb mem card deal....

#63 calmchaos

calmchaos

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Just to let everyone know...
I got this today cuz I really wanted a vita 3G for no reason.

I called ATT and they never heard about anything with games or an SD card. The only part of the sale is $100 off the MSRP.

No games, no SD card, just the system.
Unless you can find me somewhere that says otherwise.

#64 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Just to let everyone know...
I got this today cuz I really wanted a vita 3G for no reason.

I called ATT and they never heard about anything with games or an SD card. The only part of the sale is $100 off the MSRP.

No games, no SD card, just the system.
Unless you can find me somewhere that says otherwise.

Whomever you spoke to probably didn't know what the deal was. It is live, however the barcode we scan isn't currently working for the free games. The bundle does come with an 8gb memory card in box. And incase anyone was wondering where I get this info from, I work for AT&T.

#65 calmchaos

calmchaos

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:14 AM

So is there any way for me to get said games?

#66 Kazuya

Kazuya

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:17 AM

Thinking about this as a gift (already have a launch WiFi) but struggling even at my most optimistic to find a use for the 3G. It's a way outdated tech, it's too expensive, and it generally was just a bizarre choice. I think Sony really dropped the ball by not making PSN features like Trophies, Friends, Messages, Store and Near free over 3G (not unlike how some e-readers have free 3G for some functions). If a user wanted to use the browser and mail then they could buy a data plan.

Having said that, this is still a good deal even if you never use the 3G, I just hate that it can't be leveraged.

#67 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:26 AM

Thinking about this as a gift (already have a launch WiFi) but struggling even at my most optimistic to find a use for the 3G. It's a way outdated tech, it's too expensive, and it generally was just a bizarre choice. I think Sony really dropped the ball by not making PSN features like Trophies, Friends, Messages, Store and Near free over 3G (not unlike how some e-readers have free 3G for some functions). If a user wanted to use the browser and mail then they could buy a data plan.

Having said that, this is still a good deal even if you never use the 3G, I just hate that it can't be leveraged.

I have a launch 3G Vita and I just turned off the 3G the day I got it, and never used it. I didn't sign up for AT&T's "data plan" and never intended to do so. I only got that system because they included a memory card. My advice to you: don't buy the 3G Vita for the 3G, but do buy it if you want a Vita and can find that system at a good price, with something included. Then just turn off the 3G and know its there in the future, if you can find a REASONABLE option to use it.

Games and memory card bundled with a Vita make it a much better deal, but the WiFi Vita is all you need, if you can find a good deal on one of those bundles. Even though I have a launch black Vita, I bit on one of the Amazon AC white Vita bundles, too good a deal to pass up; a backup for my existing Vita. Plus it comes with AC, All Stars, another memory card, and 3 months of PS+. Any good bundle with extra stuff like this is worth looking out for.

#68 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

So is there any way for me to get said games?

Best bet would be to go back and talk to a manager and explain the situation. They should know about the promotion. Technically the games are discounted separately and doesn't have to be sold as free with the vita. But you can just tell the manager that it should have been free with purchase and that the previous rep didn't know about the promotion. It'll depend on the manager if they give you a hard time.

#69 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:45 AM

It irritates me to no end how many dumb employees work for any company. There's a reason there are info hubs (in an AT&T employee's day to day duties MyCSP) that collate all the available promotions and need to know information.

There's a reason they have big flashing orange text that basically says "Hey read me!"

tl;dr
The employee you dealt with is obviously illiterate.

#70 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

It irritates me to no end how many dumb employees work for any company. There's a reason there are info hubs (in an AT&T employee's day to day duties MyCSP) that collate all the available promotions and need to know information.

There's a reason they have big flashing orange text that basically says "Hey read me!"

tl;dr
The employee you dealt with is obviously illiterate.

Is this deal not online? My store has a Vita but no games. I can't even price match it, nothing on the site says free games.

#71 BloodiedWraith

BloodiedWraith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Is this deal not online? My store has a Vita but no games. I can't even price match it, nothing on the site says free games.

As I said earlier in the thread I have no idea about online but I'm going to go ahead and venture a guess and say in store only?

#72 calmchaos

calmchaos

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:54 PM

Is there an advertisement somewhere that shows this deal? So when I call again I have more than just my word that it comes with games?

Thanks for help

#73 DillonKC

DillonKC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Is there an advertisement somewhere that shows this deal? So when I call again I have more than just my word that it comes with games?

Thanks for help

No advertisement, the people there should know of the deal.

FYI

The deal gets even better, once you add both games the price goes down to $160 depending on what games you bought.

It shows Vita as $99 and then the two $30 dollar games.

Walked out with a Vita + 2 MLB 12 The Shows for $170 after tax.

This was in store mid you, doesn't work for me online.

#74 Marvelous Mark

Marvelous Mark

I love redhead maids!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

When does this deal end?

#75 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

When does this deal end?

12/31 or while supplies last.

#76 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

FYI

The deal gets even better, once you add both games the price goes down to $160 depending on what games you bought.

That is ymmv. The barcode for the free games isn't working, so they probably took off $100 instead of the actual price of the games.

#77 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

FYI

$99 eh? i may have to stop by at&t

#78 calmchaos

calmchaos

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

So since I ordered online I won't be able to get the games?

#79 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Might have to run up there and see what's up.

#80 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

Just called and asked, the rep told me that it's $100 off with the 3G activation and that it's a 2 year contract that you can't do month to month. But they do have the 2 free games.

#81 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

I checked this yesterday. They were only doing the deal if you signed up for a data plan. I called again today to talk to somebody else and play dumb. They said the deal is still live, but again said it was with a data plan. Pew.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#82 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Wow, surprised that you guys are being told that. Unless it changed (which I can check in s few minutes), they might only be doing that to get commission for an activation or really really just don't know the deal.

#83 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

FYI

So what games make it what price? I'm not sure I understood this...

#84 DillonKC

DillonKC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:48 PM

So what games make it what price? I'm not sure I understood this...

The 4 games in the promotion. Don't know what the other ones are.

As long as you get two games the system will ring up the Vita $99 and then add the games and there is your cost.

Vita $99
MLB 12 $30
MLB 12 $30

$160+tax

#85 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:01 AM

anyone find out other wise about the 2 year agreement?

#86 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:11 AM

The 4 games in the promotion. Don't know what the other ones are.

As long as you get two games the system will ring up the Vita $99 and then add the games and there is your cost.

Vita $99
MLB 12 $30
MLB 12 $30

$160+tax

So two games automatically make the vita $99?

#87 MotorbreathX

MotorbreathX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

I just ordered from a store in Colorado Springs and had to walk them through the deal. I even showed them the deal on slickdeals.net. The rep went to the back to talk to the manager and they saw the deal in one of their emails.

I paid 209.79. The games weren't coming off automatically so he manually put the Vita at 130, MLB at 29.99, and Hot Shots at 40.00. 199.99 total then tax.

I have to wait for it to be shipped to me since they didn't have anything in stock so we'll see how that works. Shipping was free.

I know it's not the $99 Vita and two $30 games but it works.

#88 DillonKC

DillonKC

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

So two games automatically make the vita $99?

Yes

MLB is the cheapest game, so the lowest you can pay is $160.

#89 MisterFleX

MisterFleX

Stranger Danger!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

Let me sum the deal up for everyone.

You do NOT need a 2 year agreement or activation to take advantage of the deal.

You can order the vita and have the deal if it is out of stock in store.

The vita will be $199 after mark down.

Games should be free with purchase. However, the barcode for the free games aren't working. What we have been doing is taking the additional cost of the games off the vita to even it out. If the rep takes off more than that, it's ymmv and you were very lucky.

Edited by MisterFleX, 02 December 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#90 Mdesilva

Mdesilva

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

Why would you get 2 MLBs? How can you sell it for more than you paid? It's worth $3 at Best Buy.