Photo
- - - - -

@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#421 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lux is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

deader... that's the point. and to play games on release. and to reuse your bb credit.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#422 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:58 AM

Can't you basically just pre-order every game, trade it in, break even, and have it all count toward silver status?

Kinda. The issue with this is your switching cash for BB credit. Most people use the credit to buy the next game, which would't count towards silver. Still a good deal though when you toss in price matches.
Join topline and get cash for your web browsing

#423 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Can't you basically just pre-order every game, trade it in, break even, and have it all count toward silver status?

As long as BBY continues with their great TIVs for new releases. ;)

Edit: ^That answer is much more complete.:)

#424 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Kinda. The issue with this is your switching cash for BB credit. Most people use the credit to buy the next game, which would't count towards silver. Still a good deal though when you toss in price matches.

I am not sure if this happens to everyone but when I pay for a game with all trade credit and then later get a price match I end up getting the points for the price match price. So if I price match a game to $49.99 my Rewards show a purchase on the day I price matched for $49.99 and I get 98 points + it adds to my Silver Status.
Posted Image

#425 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

off topic question......when am I suppose to get the magazine? I signed up in Nov and haven't got shit.

It usually takes 4-6 weeks.. and since they don;t always release a magazine every single month, you might have hit a longer period.

#426 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I am not sure if this happens to everyone but when I pay for a game with all trade credit and then later get a price match I end up getting the points for the price match price. So if I price match a game to $49.99 my Rewards show a purchase on the day I price matched for $49.99 and I get 98 points + it adds to my Silver Status.

Yep. Just a little "perk" of not getting RZ points on the initial purchase.

#427 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

I sometimes get that. I also sometimes get a -10.60 transaction posted after a price match (6% tax rate here). I know that shouldn't happen, but its not worth calling about and I figure I get enough other extra points to balance it out.
Join topline and get cash for your web browsing

#428 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Yeah, I paid for Black Ops II with all gift cards and I only get the 1000 points for it but when I PMed for 39.99, I got 80+ points for it.

#429 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

The 10% trade in will pay for the subscription, I would expect everyone here will trade at least $150 worth of games back to BBY during their promos every year.

I believe you 'expect' inaccurately; some of us actually like to keep our games. Crazy, I know.

Personally, I recently joined for the $20 pre-order bonuses and even then if there weren't a wealth of great games coming out in the next few months, I wouldn't have joined at all.
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#430 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

I would expect everyone here will trade at least $150 worth of games back to BBY during their promos every year.

I believe you 'expect' inaccurately; some of us actually like to keep our games. Crazy, I know.

Agreed. I hardly ever trade in my games. I bought the sub specifically for the coupons (which hasn't really panned out in recent months).
I will say I couldn't ignore the prior 100% bonus trade-in period, though. But outside of events like that, I don't consider trade-ins worth the effort.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#431 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

I have all of the them for sale for a 1$ + stamp I can mail u one if anyone needs one

#432 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Damn forgot about my halo 4 credits, did not know they would expire after a month

#433 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 05 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

Some CAG were talking about points and pending points reseting at the end of the year. But it looks like I haven't lost anything. Does it only happen randomly, or am I missing some points?

#434 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

off topic question......when am I suppose to get the magazine? I signed up in Nov and haven't got shit.

Did you specify that you wanted the physical magazine when you signed up? When I signed up, the clerk didn't even ask and I was registered for the digital version. I had to go to the BB Reward Zone website to change it.
Posted Image

#435 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Did you specify that you wanted the physical magazine when you signed up? When I signed up, the clerk didn't even ask and I was registered for the digital version. I had to go to the BB Reward Zone website to change it.

Is there any way to check?

#436 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

The last sentence said by Zbornak says they had to change it, so that should pretty much answer your question on checking.
www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#437 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

most people know by now that best buy usually does do a point reset, but the actual time or date is a mystery. its typically done in january so if you have any points you can cash in, id do it as the cert is good for like 5 or 6 months.

#438 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Can anyone offer a link to change from digital to physical magazine ? or do I have to contact support ?

#439 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Personally, I recently joined for the $20 pre-order bonuses and even then if there weren't a wealth of great games coming out in the next few months, I wouldn't have joined at all.

Well, if you rarely trade in games I guess then this membership would benefit you as much as it does the rest of us.

Personally, I don't see why you don't do this. Since you can always trade in at high price and buy back for a much lower price in the future (except for rare titles of course). Meanwhile use the credit to pay for other games and keep the funds flowing. And some games are just not worth keeping, given limited physical space in your house.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#440 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Why is it so hard to get my welcome package E-mail everytime I call it's like talking to a 2 year old and they even hang up on me to :-) / :-(

#441 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Why is it so hard to get my welcome package E-mail everytime I call it's like talking to a 2 year old and they even hang up on me to :-) / :-(

They don't email those... it's snail-mail only. And they aren't even that great, maybe one or two out of the 6 is decent.

#442 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

need new coupons asap as this current batch turned out to be a dud :(
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#443 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

fucking every time I see this thread bumped, I hope one of the games had a price drop.

#444 ets

ets

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

fucking every time I see this thread bumped, I hope one of the games had a price drop.

Me too, dragon dogma with a price drop would be amazing
Currently Playing: N/A
On Deck: N.A

MyTradeList [Link]

#445 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

When do the Mario Party 9 coupons expire? Too late?

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#446 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

I keep hoping its someone posting that they saw the new coupons. Any day now hopefully.

#447 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

When do the Mario Party 9 coupons expire? Too late?

expires Jan. 12

#448 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

If anyone has an extra Mario Party 9 coupon that they are not planning to use and could throw it my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: The Wonderful 101
:3ds: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#449 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

If anyone has an extra Mario Party 9 coupon that they are not planning to use and could throw it my way, it would be greatly appreciated.

You can still save $20 on the game and just buy the magazine at the store.

#450 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I keep hoping its someone posting that they saw the new coupons. Any day now hopefully.

I still hold out hope that there will be a price drop somewhere in the current coupon group. I'd go for a $20 Sleeping Dogs.