Silent Hill 2 XBox $4.98 at Target

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 jeffreyjrose

jeffreyjrose

Sporadic Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:21 AM

Found this deal in the clearance rack at Target. May have been this price for awhile, but I found it a deal nonetheless.

#2 organicow

organicow

Old-School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:22 AM

this probably belongs in the *sticky* Target clearance thread...

its really a YMMV thing, but cool score anyhoo.
www.afighttothedeath.com
www.mediahostage.com

#3 redgopher

redgopher

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:30 AM

I dont know about you guys, but the sticky Target thread is a BITCH to navigate.

#4 organicow

organicow

Old-School Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:32 AM

I dont know about you guys, but the sticky Target thread is a BITCH to navigate.

true dat, biotch!!
www.afighttothedeath.com
www.mediahostage.com

#5 b0bx13

b0bx13

Ah, custom title.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:08 AM

perhaps a new "target-only" forum is needed XD

#6 longislandlady

longislandlady

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:17 AM

I think the creators of this game were on some seroius drugs. I'm playing this now for the PS2 and I expected it to be scary because I played and finished the first game several years ago, but I didn't expect some of the things that I've seen in this game that gave me the chills.

$4.98 for this game is SO worth it!

#7 FreakSkater212

FreakSkater212

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:56 AM

Is it a Platinum Hit? (only asking because if it is, probably won't be in the case so it is easier to scan)

#8 pimp tyranny

pimp tyranny

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:01 AM

sweet. i'll pick it up when i buy my xbox.
Posted Image

#9 dragonfireflys

dragonfireflys

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:44 AM

its really a YMMV thing, .

NO
Target has a centralized system. If this is a clearance title it is nationwide and not ymmv.

#10 redgopher

redgopher

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:58 AM

YMMV meaning your Target might not have a copy. Mine didn't, but that's ok.. I got my girlfriend to buy me a copy :D

#11 guessed

guessed

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:18 AM

NO
Target has a centralized system. If this is a clearance title it is nationwide and not ymmv.

No, there are different levels of clearance pricing at Target. When a game is $7.48 at one Target, for example, it can be $14.96 or $20.98 at others, even within the same city. Target clearances are the epitome of YMMV deals.

#12 Unassuming Local Guy

Unassuming Local Guy

Not cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 06:43 AM

Off topic, but I picked up Silent Hill 3 for $7.48 tonight.

#13 gamefreak117

gamefreak117

the lamefreak711

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:14 AM

nice find :)

#14 Alien Redrum

Alien Redrum

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:57 PM

NO

No, there are different levels of clearance pricing at Target. When a game is $7.48 at one Target, for example, it can be $14.96 or $20.98 at others, even within the same city. Target clearances are the epitome of YMMV deals.

You are 100% correct. Last weekend I found 3 different prices on 3 different clearence items at 3 different Targets - all within a 30 mile radius of one another.
Reviewer - www.horrortalk.com

#15 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 05:32 PM

Damn it, I just called 5 Target stores asking if they had it, and they all said no. The fifth one I called, I told the chick it was on clearance, and she says, "we don't have any xbox clearance." I asked if she could look in the computer and she said no because it wouldn't show up in there if it was on clearance. How on Earth do you guys find your copies? I've never seen a video game clearance bin at any of the 6 Targets in my area, ever, and I've never been able to find a single game that was in the clearance thread. Please give me some pointers.

In any event, would someone be willing to pick one of these up for me? I'd really appreciate it.

#16 longislandlady

longislandlady

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:27 PM

Damn it, I just called 5 Target stores asking if they had it, and they all said no. The fifth one I called, I told the chick it was on clearance, and she says, "we don't have any xbox clearance." I asked if she could look in the computer and she said no because it wouldn't show up in there if it was on clearance. How on Earth do you guys find your copies? I've never seen a video game clearance bin at any of the 6 Targets in my area, ever, and I've never been able to find a single game that was in the clearance thread. Please give me some pointers.

In any event, would someone be willing to pick one of these up for me? I'd really appreciate it.

I'm going to Target tomorrow. If I see it for that price, I'll pick you up a copy. I already have it for the PS2 and I don't have an Xbox so I don't need a copy for myself.

#17 lain21us

lain21us

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, longislandlady!

#18 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:44 PM

FYI: Silent Hill 3 was only released on the PS2; the game never came to Xbox nor will it in the forseeable future.

Xbox owners will get Silent Hill 4, though.

And everyone here is right about the clearance prices being different -- another FYI, the game is $19.99 at Best Buy so you can use a GGC and pick it up for $14.99, which is, BTW, the same if your Target happens to have it for $14.98 (the price I picked it up at).

I did see Xbox Silent Hill 2 for $10 -- the second isn't quite as good (or as cohesive) so you may want to stick with the 3rd one if you can.

#19 Edge

Edge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:02 AM

It does seem that Target *usually* has a unified clearance system (it was $4.98 at my Target), but I'm sure there are exceptions based on how well a game is selling at a particular location and how many they have in stock. So far all of the clearance items that have been posted were the correct price at my Target (the ones that were in stock, anyway), but I guess it depends on how the store is run. Oh well, I guess that's a good thing since it's the only Target store within 60 miles of me!

#20 longislandlady

longislandlady

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

Sorry lain21us. I went to Target today but they didn't have any. The Target over here never has anything good. I don't know why they call it a "Greatland" when there is nothing great about it.