Silent Hill 2 XBox $4.98 at Target

[quote name='redgopher']I dont know about you guys, but the sticky Target thread is a BITCH to navigate.[/quote]

true dat, biotch!!

I think the creators of this game were on some seroius drugs. I'm playing this now for the PS2 and I expected it to be scary because I played and finished the first game several years ago, but I didn't expect some of the things that I've seen in this game that gave me the chills.

$4.98 for this game is SO worth it!

[quote name='organicow']

its really a YMMV thing, .[/quote]

NO
Target has a centralized system. If this is a clearance title it is nationwide and not ymmv.

[quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='organicow']

NO
Target has a centralized system. If this is a clearance title it is nationwide and not ymmv.[/quote]

No, there are different levels of clearance pricing at Target. When a game is $7.48 at one Target, for example, it can be $14.96 or $20.98 at others, even within the same city. Target clearances are the epitome of YMMV deals.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='dragonfireflys'][quote name='organicow']

NO
Target has a centralized system. If this is a clearance title it is nationwide and not ymmv.[/quote]

No, there are different levels of clearance pricing at Target. When a game is $7.48 at one Target, for example, it can be $14.96 or $20.98 at others, even within the same city. Target clearances are the epitome of YMMV deals.[/quote]

You are 100% correct. Last weekend I found 3 different prices on 3 different clearence items at 3 different Targets - all within a 30 mile radius of one another.

Damn it, I just called 5 Target stores asking if they had it, and they all said no. The fifth one I called, I told the chick it was on clearance, and she says, "we don't have any xbox clearance." I asked if she could look in the computer and she said no because it wouldn't show up in there if it was on clearance. How on Earth do you guys find your copies? I've never seen a video game clearance bin at any of the 6 Targets in my area, ever, and I've never been able to find a single game that was in the clearance thread. Please give me some pointers.

In any event, would someone be willing to pick one of these up for me? I'd really appreciate it.

[quote name='lain21us']Damn it, I just called 5 Target stores asking if they had it, and they all said no. The fifth one I called, I told the chick it was on clearance, and she says, "we don't have any xbox clearance." I asked if she could look in the computer and she said no because it wouldn't show up in there if it was on clearance. How on Earth do you guys find your copies? I've never seen a video game clearance bin at any of the 6 Targets in my area, ever, and I've never been able to find a single game that was in the clearance thread. Please give me some pointers.

In any event, would someone be willing to pick one of these up for me? I'd really appreciate it.[/quote]

I'm going to Target tomorrow. If I see it for that price, I'll pick you up a copy. I already have it for the PS2 and I don't have an Xbox so I don't need a copy for myself.

FYI: Silent Hill 3 was only released on the PS2; the game never came to Xbox nor will it in the forseeable future.

Xbox owners will get Silent Hill 4, though.

And everyone here is right about the clearance prices being different -- another FYI, the game is $19.99 at Best Buy so you can use a GGC and pick it up for $14.99, which is, BTW, the same if your Target happens to have it for $14.98 (the price I picked it up at).

I did see Xbox Silent Hill 2 for $10 -- the second isn't quite as good (or as cohesive) so you may want to stick with the 3rd one if you can.

It does seem that Target *usually* has a unified clearance system (it was $4.98 at my Target), but I'm sure there are exceptions based on how well a game is selling at a particular location and how many they have in stock. So far all of the clearance items that have been posted were the correct price at my Target (the ones that were in stock, anyway), but I guess it depends on how the store is run. Oh well, I guess that's a good thing since it's the only Target store within 60 miles of me!

Sorry lain21us. I went to Target today but they didn't have any. The Target over here never has anything good. I don't know why they call it a "Greatland" when there is nothing great about it.

bread's done
Back