Photo
- - - - -

Singularity, Red Faction: Arma (PS3), Rise of Nightmares (360), Blood Drive (360) $10

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

Discounted prices are valid till 12/5/2012.

$9.99 :shipfree:
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon
:ps3: Singularity
:360: Singularity
:360: Rise of Nightmares
:360: Blood Drive

(I'm including the article that convinced me to give Singularity a shot for others who haven't tried this game yet.)
Do not let Activision bury Singularity. It's fantastic and you need to play it

Spoiler

Edited by Bosamba, 29 November 2012 - 03:15 PM.

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#2 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:09 PM

Two Worlds 2 and the trials, limbo, splosion man triple pack also.

anyone know if Rise of Nightmares is any good?

#3 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Singularity is a good FPS, if you don't mind that it's heavily influenced by BioShock. Rise of Nightmares is supposed to be pretty crappy gameplay-wise, but it's something for Kinect that's not a dance game or minigame collection. Red Faction: Armageddon wasn't as good as the previous one, Two Worlds 2 is better than the first but still not great. Trials/Limbo/Splosion 3-pack is absolutely worth it. Never heard of Blood Drive.

#4 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

popping in to give +1 recommendation for singularity as i always do

#5 SteveDaWonder

SteveDaWonder

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

I bought Singularity at full price and enjoyed it. Get the game for sure!

Oh, and that Two Worlds 2 game is PC only for the $10.00 ...Wish it were Xbox!
Posted Image

#6 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

popping in to give +1 recommendation for singularity as i always do

Yes, Singularity is great.

Posted Image

#7 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I played Singularity before and enjoyed it. I give my thumbs up for it too.

Castlevania should be added to the OP.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874149032

Once Upon a Monster is $12.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874330031

Child of Eden PS3 is $10
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879267094

Sorcery is $10
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879261242

#8 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM

I just finished singularity about a week ago. Get it, it's great. My only problem at all with the game was no option for subtitles. Gave me a little motion sickness as well, but nothing some ginger root capsules/ benadryl or dramamine won't fix.

#9 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:29 PM

Yes, Singularity is great.

I don't understand why you keep spamming the picture of Abe and Rebecca.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

Who are those people?

#11 Be3fJerky

Be3fJerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

Anyone know if Singularity has been cheaper? Swear to god Gamefly has had it for like $7-$9 with FS?

#12 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Anyone know if Singularity has been cheaper? Swear to god Gamefly has had it for like $7-$9 with FS?

This ships free to. Why not $10 for a brand new copy?

#13 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Two Worlds 2 and the trials, limbo, splosion man triple pack also.

anyone know if Rise of Nightmares is any good?

I played through about 70% of it before I traded it in (to take advantage of high value and promotion at Best Buy). Game is decent, but the controls can be tiring at times as well (detections isn't 100%). Lot of cool weapons and slashing. I think it would have turned out pretty well had they allowed the option to play with a controller in addition to the Kinect controls.

Think I might pick it back up at this price to finish it (and get the Avatar awards linked to it).

#14 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

All the other games that people have listed are either Newegg's normal price, or under different promotions. The games I've posted are for this promotion only and the sale ends 12/5.

Who are those people?

I don't know either. I don't watch TV besides PBS so that may have something to do with my lack of reality show knowledge.
Edit: Quick Google search shows they were shown on a reality show called "Breaking Amish." I dealt with with real life Amish people back in 1999. I don't know how they're being portrayed on the show, but I found them to be among the most humble and hardest working people I've ever met.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#15 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:40 PM

I played through about 70% of it before I traded it in (to take advantage of high value and promotion at Best Buy). Game is decent, but the controls can be tiring at times as well (detections isn't 100%). Lot of cool weapons and slashing. I think it would have turned out pretty well had they allowed the option to play with a controller in addition to the Kinect controls.

Think I might pick it back up at this price to finish it (and get the Avatar awards linked to it).

Okay so it's worth it for $10 then. Is the game on rails?

#16 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I played Singularity before and enjoyed it. I give my thumbs up for it too.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16874149032

Newegg trolling the PS3 owners again :cry:

Guardian_owl.png

#17 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

Okay so it's worth it for $10 then. Is the game on rails?

This questions begs the answer: Try the demo! It's not on rails (it does have a semi-autopilot for some areas), but it's definitely something you should try out first. I wanted to like the game so much but I can't see myself playing it for more than an hour total. That still puts it higher than Haunt, which I could only stand for 10 minutes.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#18 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

That was like a year or two ago, doubt gamefly will be including it in sales anymore considering how old it is. Might as well jump on this because you're not going to find it new in many places at this price point

#19 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:56 PM

That was like a year or two ago, doubt gamefly will be including it in sales anymore considering how old it is. Might as well jump on this because you're not going to find it new in many places at this price point

Or used either.

#20 Be3fJerky

Be3fJerky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

This ships free to. Why not $10 for a brand new copy?

cuz my backlog is hugee and I'm a CAG, why not get it for cheaper if you can?

#21 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:18 PM

Nice.. Rise of Nightmare is finally at my price point.. but I've heard it was really bad, so I'll probably pass.

#22 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

So you're going to troll for a $1? :roll:

#23 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:25 PM

The demo for Rise of Nightmares is enough, imo. No need to buy the game...you'll get all your enjoyment for what the game is simply by playing the demo over and over. It's not like you'll be hooked on the story.

Rise of Nightmares, to me, felt like the old PS1 days of seedy "scare" games like that banned fighting game Thrill Kill. The "atmosphere" of the game is very much like those. Not a lot of production value...

#24 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

http://www.gohasting...u/281438007.uts

Used copy for $5.49 + 2.28 shipping. Or you can wait for the free shipping promo that they run every so often and hope that it's in stock. It's common knowledge that buying used from goHastings is a gamble so YMMV.

Your other option is to see if you have a Sears near you that carries it. Doubtful if they have any in stock because they were clearanced out a long time ago for as low as $3.97 (?) or something.

Still recommend this game new over saving a few bucks.

#25 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

The demo for Rise of Nightmares is enough, imo. No need to buy the game...you'll get all your enjoyment for what the game is simply by playing the demo over and over. It's not like you'll be hooked on the story.

Rise of Nightmares, to me, felt like the old PS1 days of seedy "scare" games like that banned fighting game Thrill Kill. The "atmosphere" of the game is very much like those. Not a lot of production value...

I guess I'll pass on it then. Any opinions on Two Worlds 2? I played the first and it was pretty bad.

#26 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I guess I'll pass on it then. Any opinions on Two Worlds 2? I played the first and it was pretty bad.

Second game is leaps and bounds improved compared to the first, but it's still pretty clunky in parts. The spell system is pretty interesting, but I would recommend you check out some gameplay videos to see if it's your cup of tea.

#27 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

I just finished singularity about a week ago. Get it, it's great. My only problem at all with the game was no option for subtitles. Gave me a little motion sickness as well, but nothing some ginger root capsules/ benadryl or dramamine won't fix.

The game should have a "Benadryl not included" tag?
I got motion sickness from Stacking and Iron Brigade. I think I'll stay clear of this one.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#28 Frany

Frany

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

In 4 singularity thx op

#29 InvaderZim

InvaderZim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

I can't figure it out either.

Posted Image

Edited by InvaderZim, 29 November 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#30 ozdarkhorse

ozdarkhorse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

http://www.gohasting...u/281438007.uts

Used copy for $5.49 + 2.28 shipping. Or you can wait for the free shipping promo that they run every so often and hope that it's in stock. It's common knowledge that buying used from goHastings is a gamble so YMMV.

Your other option is to see if you have a Sears near you that carries it. Doubtful if they have any in stock because they were clearanced out a long time ago for as low as $3.97 (?) or something.

Still recommend this game new over saving a few bucks.

Yeah, I'd def pay the extra $1 for the new copy. If you want used get it from Gamefly. Atleast you get everything with it including the online passes. Gohastings is terrible.