Photo
- - - - -

Singularity, Red Faction: Arma (PS3), Rise of Nightmares (360), Blood Drive (360) $10

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31 Firefox59

Firefox59

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

The game should have a "Benadryl not included" tag?
I got motion sickness from Stacking and Iron Brigade. I think I'll stay clear of this one.

It isn't any worse than other FPS's for people with motion problems. Singularity really is one of the best games of 2010.

#32 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:25 PM

I bit on Rise of Nightmares. I have had it for about 2 months during that free Blockbuster rental thing because it was one of the few games that was ever available. This way I can send it back and try to rent something else that will be out of stock for 4 months. $10 was the exact price I was waiting on, new copy? Winner. I also enjoyed Haunt by the way. Quirky, funny, neat use of Kinect IMO.

#33 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Definitely give Singularity a try guys. Its an overlooked game but one of the best I played. What makes it great is the Bioshock feel. It also helps that you're practically a God with your powers. xD

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#34 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

I don't understand why you keep spamming the picture of Abe and Rebecca.

Probably because Rebecca is cute, although somewhat jailbait-ish?

#35 CritcalJ

CritcalJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

I paid ten bucks for Singularity. Played and it and enjoyed it. Not bad at all.

#36 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Note: About a third of Singularity's achievements are linked to MP, which is pretty much dead for obvious reasons. Letting you achievement whores know now before you rage later.

If enough people pick this up and enjoy it, we can get a CAG group going for the MP. It has a L4D feel to it, in the same way Dead Space 2 tried to emulate, and I thought it was pretty fun actually.

#37 Olengie

Olengie

Rise is Best Girl.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Note: About a third of Singularity's achievements are linked to MP, which is pretty much dead for obvious reasons. Letting you achievement whores know now before you rage later.

If enough people pick this up and enjoy it, we can get a CAG group going for the MP. It has a L4D feel to it, in the same way Dead Space 2 tried to emulate, and I thought it was pretty fun actually.

I checked MP and only 1 person was there. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#38 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Singularity is well worth $10. As is Castlevania, and I wouldn't mind getting it again.

Blood Drive I absolutely could not stand, do not roll the dice on this one.

#39 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Singularity is well worth $10. As is Castlevania, and I wouldn't mind getting it again.

I love the signature. LOL@earthbound HD

#40 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

The game should have a "Benadryl not included" tag?
I got motion sickness from Stacking and Iron Brigade. I think I'll stay clear of this one.

If you get motion sickness easily, as I do, I highly suggest trying ginger root capsules. They work just as good as motion sickness medications, but with no side effects. If I'm going to play a game that gives me trouble, I take one about an hour before I play, and then another right when I start the game. I never have any trouble. It's rather inexpensive as well.

#41 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Singularity is not the best game ever, but I really did like it.

#42 fadersdream

fadersdream

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

If Singularity had come out the week before Bioshock it would be held in high regards as a generation transforming game, but it came out after and has been plagued with comparisons.
Bioshock is one of the greatest games this generation, Singularity is great... just not as great.

#43 Mooplaid

Mooplaid

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Blood Drive is the only one on the list I thought I might try. That bad, huh? Be aware I already have tried Singularity and it's pretty good. I've yet to finish it, however. Someday! :D But a large backlog of games to go still.

On another note, I love your signature! Such a great movie, and it made me laugh. :-P
Man is at his best when things are at their worst.

#44 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

BTW, anyone played RF Armageddon? I loved Guerilla, but I've heard it's nothing like it. Have it but haven't played it yet.

#45 daywalker2k2

daywalker2k2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Thanks op decided to try out Singularity Figures it was worth a shot!

#46 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Probably because Rebecca is cute, although somewhat jailbait-ish?

lolwut? Not sure if serious.

If so, to each their own.

#47 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Thanks op decided to try out Singularity Figures it was worth a shot!

Just curious, why post a link to the same thread this message was posted in? Seems very unnecessary and frankly...weird.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#48 slv-chris

slv-chris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Singularity well worth it. Fun game.

#49 MiTYH

MiTYH

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

Ahh what the hell? In for Singularity
Posted Image

#50 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Sad to see people passing on Rise of Nightmares. It’s one of my favorite Kinect games, and I totally didn’t mind playing through it three times to get all of the achievements. I read some review where they said the motion navigation was clunky and they were running into walls. I did not experience this issue whatsoever and felt the “controls” were great; stepping forward to move and twisting your shoulders to turn became very natural to me early on. Using weapons has a certain kind of thrill to it as well, and for the most part this controls well too if you understand Kinect’s limitations/strengths.

The graphics and environments are bland, and the story probably leaves more to be desired, but I’d absolutely recommend this for $10. I paid $40+tax and have no regrets.

#51 TurboNerd

TurboNerd

I'm looking for co-op buddies! PM me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

I agree, Singularity is a great game that seems to have gone mostly unnoticed, sadly. Give it s shot. You'll be thankful!

fs_pc.png fs_xbox.png
I'm looking for co-op buddies on XBOX Live and Steam! PM me!

#52 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Sad to see people passing on Rise of Nightmares. It’s one of my favorite Kinect games, and I totally didn’t mind playing through it three times to get all of the achievements. I read some review where they said the motion navigation was clunky and they were running into walls. I did not experience this issue whatsoever and felt the “controls” were great; stepping forward to move and twisting your shoulders to turn became very natural to me early on. Using weapons has a certain kind of thrill to it as well, and for the most part this controls well too if you understand Kinect’s limitations/strengths.

The graphics and environments are bland, and the story probably leaves more to be desired, but I’d absolutely recommend this for $10. I paid $40+tax and have no regrets.

Agreed. Based on the demo I've been watching prices for it for months, and almost bit a few times at $15-20. I had a little trouble with the one foot out thing, it seems there must be a better way, but all in all, the demo was good enough to make me add it to various wishlists. Looking forward to playing through. I loved the simple things, weapon specific movements, reaching out to open a door.

#53 Curlis

Curlis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Picked up a copy of Singularity, thanks!
Now Playing - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Posted Image

#54 EnronLackey

EnronLackey

Fake-Rage Hater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

BTW, anyone played RF Armageddon? I loved Guerilla, but I've heard it's nothing like it. Have it but haven't played it yet.

Quite true, its nothing like Guerrilla, its linear based 3rd person gameplay. Lots of action, but its is a drastic change from Guerrilla. IMHO, its an awesome game but the change just turned off too many ppl from trying it.

#55 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:59 PM

Blood Drive is the only one on the list I thought I might try. That bad, huh? Be aware I already have tried Singularity and it's pretty good. I've yet to finish it, however. Someday! :D But a large backlog of games to go still.

On another note, I love your signature! Such a great movie, and it made me laugh. :-P

It's repetitive as hell. There are a couple modes and they repeate over and over on "new" maps that are all really similar.

It's like Carmageddon meets Twisted Metal, but not as good as either one alone.

#56 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Quite true, its nothing like Guerrilla, its linear based 3rd person gameplay. Lots of action, but its is a drastic change from Guerrilla. IMHO, its an awesome game but the change just turned off too many ppl from trying it.

Thanks, looking forward to trying. Someday that is :lol:

#57 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

Valkyria Chronicles is $15.99. That's the usual price right? I've been waiting on this to be $10 for years now.

#58 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

Valkyria Chronicles is $15.99. That's the usual price right? I've been waiting on this to be $10 for years now.

I wouldn't count on it going any lower. It's probably actually going to get harder to find. I bought it a few months ago at that price and haven't touched it yet, but I didn't wanna risk potentially having to pay more for it later down the line.

#59 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

I wouldn't count on it going any lower. It's probably actually going to get harder to find. I bought it a few months ago at that price and haven't touched it yet, but I didn't wanna risk potentially having to pay more for it later down the line.

I don't feel any obligation to play it. Newegg has had it in stock for years though. Seems like they have to clearance it at some point.

#60 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 08:46 PM

i'd bite on rise of nightmare but the crappy reviews tell me to wait for $5 or dont even bother.